2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

Scroll up just a tick on twitter.

Spoiler

In 1978, Richard Branson was trying to impress his girlfriend by pretending to buy a private island. The island was listed for $6 million, he offered $100K as a joke. The owner settled for $180K, and Branson bought Necker Island.

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m fine with the scoring format for the Tour Championship but I wish the broadcast scorebug showed what they are actually shooting for both the day and the tournament so you can better know who’s hot and who’s not. 

FWIW OWGR points are awarded based on gross performance, not with the starting handicaps.

Theegala touches the fairway bunker during his setup on the 3rd, calls a two shot penalty on himself.

The video was inconclusive, but I guess if you know you know.
The anti-fatrick. Good on him and he visited 7 of the last 9 holes so I like to think the golf gods smiled on him. He was knocking everything about 3 feet coming in.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

So -30 and -25 are the new norm? Insane. I don’t recall when it took -10 under to win a fucking tournament but here we are. 

Scottie is -20 for the tournament. He started out at -10 because of the way the PGA handicaps the Tour Championship. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Thanks. It’s still insane. To me anyway. 

It is. Eastlake just recently completed a big renovation, and the course is playing a bit easier than they probably intended. Wouldn’t surprise me if they made a few adjustments before next year. 

And with that, it’s official!

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Scottie just had one of the greatest seasons of all-time. The Player’s, The Masters, Tour Championship, Olympic Gold medal and $54M in winnings. 🤘🤘🤘

It’s incredible. And badass. He’s Iceman. 

IMG_1833.jpeg

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Scottie just had one of the greatest seasons of all-time. The Player’s, The Masters, Tour Championship, Olympic Gold medal and $54M in winnings. 🤘🤘🤘

I still might take Xander’s 2 majors. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Hard pass. 

Yeah....these never are very interesting. It's always something where I'm like "OK, sounds cool, I'll watch it". And then I turn on a TV on a random Wednesday and the match is on and it's already halfway over and I'm like "oh yeah, let's check this out" and it's a complete bore. 

Exhibition golf is boring.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:09 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Exhibition golf is boring.

yeah, the only thing that truly piques my interest is if they play at a really exclusive course that we don't get to see.  if they play these at Pine Valley or Cypress Point or a course like that, i might tune in.  

what they need to do is get pros to put in their own money.  like a mil or half a mil, at least.  Phil absolutely would have done that.  Michael Jordan would do it.  then it would be legit competitive.

in non-exhibition golf, Irish Open started today at Royal County Down.  conditions are rough.  this is great.

and Solheim Cup starts tomorrow.  U.S. hasn't won it since 2017.  we need to win this.  i'll be tuned it.

Edited by Jive Turkey