2024 Pro Cycling Season

G650

48 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Will be an interesting TT.

No doubt. I am pretty interested to see if Remco can drop the hammer. Even losing time today I was very impressed how he hung in there.

Hats off to Pog, really picked a good time to get bonus seconds.

More watts and more kilos on a straight downhill, pretty hard to overcome those physics

But he was only about 7 secs behind over the crest and it was quite a while before the downhill straightened out. Someone on the broadcast saidJV has a more aerodynamic profile on the bike and was better on the flats. I thought he might take a few more chances and close the gap. It doesn’t seem like a rider gaps a rider of similar skill on the descents very often.

7 hours ago, Pablo said:

It was wild to see no Visma team left at the end while, Pog still had 3 strong guys.

Last 2 years, it was the complete opposite for Pog.

Yep, it's the opposite of what we have seen the past two Tours.  This isn't a team that Visma would normally have, but they didn't have much choice.  It has been a brutal year for them.  No Sepp is a killer for stages like today's, but they are down multiple guys that would normally be there, and the ones there aren't in top form.  

I'm doubtful that Vingo will pull back any time the rest of the way, but maybe he'll surprise.  

What a fucking stage. Pog looks like he’s missing a little top end on his attack, but while JV can almost match it he looks not able to sustain it. 

Spoiler

Have climbed the Galibier from the Valoire side twice. Once in 2008 starting in Valoire because I was scared. Once 10 years later from St. Jean de Maurienne because I was foolhardy . That included the Telegraph and made it and out and back 42mi day with 7400’ of climbing. Died a hundred deaths on the way to the top.

By far my favorite decent - long, open, fast with otherworldly mountains all around.

IMG-0409.jpg

IMG-0413.jpg

IMG-0406.jpg

Edited by Txzen
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Yep, it's the opposite of what we have seen the past two Tours.  This isn't a team that Visma would normally have, but they didn't have much choice.  It has been a brutal year for them.  No Sepp is a killer for stages like today's, but they are down multiple guys that would normally be there, and the ones there aren't in top form.  

I'm doubtful that Vingo will pull back any time the rest of the way, but maybe he'll surprise.  

6 hours ago, TexPx said:

But he was only about 7 secs behind over the crest and it was quite a while before the downhill straightened out. Someone on the broadcast saidJV has a more aerodynamic profile on the bike and was better on the flats. I thought he might take a few more chances and close the gap. It doesn’t seem like a rider gaps a rider of similar skill on the descents very often.

I wonder if Vingo just doesn't go as fast because he's a bit gun shy after his huge crash. I would be.

9 hours ago, TexPx said:

He was pulling time back in the turns. It was the straight part he lost time.

On 6/27/2024 at 12:43 PM, Clintonaldo said:

I REALLY want to see Cavendish get one more win. I also want to see Jasper get his teeth punched in.

Oh baby. It’s very rare I get emotional for someone I don’t know and who don’t have a clue or care about me but fuck I am so happy for him. I think he has another one in him. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

I don’t know why I don’t like Pogacar. He has always been a good sport but for some reason I never pull for him. 

I actually really like him, and love the way he races, because he reminds me of Hinault who is my all timer, but I am always cheering for someone else in any given race for random reasons. It's really odd lol.

8 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Holy crap. Vingo put 10 seconds into Roglic at the first time check, then Remco put 10 seconds into Vingo.  Remco is REALLY flying.

Remco should obliterate this