Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Claiming “the data shows” without presenting data does not make it a fact.  That may even be construed as misrepresentation of reality, and insisting someone accept it. Accusations, confessions, rah rah. 

receipts or nah? 

Would my insurance disappear or something?  I’m employed. 

Oooh, that’s certainly a take.  

lol. You asking others for receipts. I’ve watched you on 4 threads this week refuse over and over again to post videos or articles you claim are “so easy to google, I won’t do your work for you.” But you demand receipts from others. L O L

meanwhile no other posters can dig up your “obvious” links and videos. Get all the way fucked, and stay fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

My thread so Im officially locking all comments on Fatty and getting back to the topic at hand.

Joe Biden kicking ass and causing union resurgence.

LOL NOT EVEN CLOSE. 72%-28%

Workers voted overwhelmingly Friday to unionize at Volkswagen’s Tennessee plant, handing a major victory to the United Auto Workers and a resurgent U.S. labor movement. The tally was 2,628 to 985 for the UAW, Volkswagen said in a statement. The election was the third attempt by workers to organize at the Chattanooga factory, where past votes have narrowly failed. It also gives the UAW, which won record wage increases at GM, Ford and Stellantis last year, its first stronghold in the largely non-union South.

Volkswagen becomes the first new automaker in the U.S. to be unionized in nearly half a century.

Friday's vote is part of an effort by the UAW to organize 13 automakers, and "could be the start of a revolution in the U.S. auto industry," per CNN.

Another vote at a Mercedes plant in Alabama will close May 17 — and organizing efforts are ongoing at a number of foreign automakers, as well as the plants of U.S. vehicle makers Tesla, Rivian and Lucid.

My own thoughts: Amazing to see such a seismic shift with the common man's decision after previously failing twice, with the last vote in 2019 before widespread COVID shutdowns and "essential workers" got shaft. Would love to see if blue collar workers in other industries have the same shifting thoughts but can't think of a good ongoing comparison. This happening in the south doesn't leave much populated areas with experience left to consider moving to in United States to skirt unions. It'd have to be Mexico if you want some fingerprint in North America. Every single Volkswagen facility was union with the exception of this, so I don't believe they/ll pack up and go anywhere. Glad to see the waig is only a month to see what, if any, immediate shockwaves carry over to the Alabama vote.

To quote Diamond Joe, this is a big fucking deal.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well that was a pretty serious accusation, not quibbling over some random news article. 

Rules for thee and none for me, eh? Everyone is shocked, SHOCKED, you don’t adhere to the standards you demand of others. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

receipts or nah? 

I’m not hunting down the exchange. You wanted me to know I am not “that guy,” a reference I didn’t understand. Another poster clued me in, posting a video of an aggressive dude in another guys face, repeating the phrase, “you’re not that guy.” The essence was physical intimidation. Something that I don’t receive well;  stupidly, I lean into it. I speak my mind, but I’m not a bully. Nor do I tolerate them.

Edit: That aggression, your suggestion that I would wilt if confronted, combined with your lack of empathy, and your lack of loyalty, shown by your refusal to acknowledge an obligation to society, and a separation from your neighbors, your place, which you say are all means to an end, as well as your delight in manufacturing negative reactions and your tendency to state outright falsehoods (labeling folks deadbeats, despite those same people abiding by the terms of their deal,) and the gaslighting that a negative reaction to your posts means there is something wrong with those who have a negative reaction. These are the reasons I view you as a psychopath.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 4

C'mon folks, @StassneyHorn was nice enough about it and posted a chance to change the discussion. The labor news is a good way to do so because it echos some of what went on last year with the WGA/SAG-AFTRA negotiations in the entertainment industry. Here we have a UAW emergence in a southern state with as StassneyHorn pointed out, Alabama in the queue.

Have enough people been convinced by propaganda that unions are evil or have some of the workers lifted up the curtain to see the benefits of organizing?

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Have enough people been convinced by propaganda that unions are evil or have some of the workers lifted up the curtain to see the benefits of organizing?

It is fascinating how little discernment generations of undereducated or amoral people have had in the South.  They listen, process, agree with, and vote for people who actively govern against their best interests, both individually and collectively.  

• Like 2

I locked fatty talk guys. You are all mentally getting middle fingers.

Had a night to sleep on it, missed a glaring example of nurses and home health workers where gains could be made with union representation IMO. Quick google check showed 15 nurse strikes in 2021, 17 in 2022, and 36 in 2023.

Not sure how the dynamics of travel nurses and “staff” nurses play out, or how effective the NNU is with negotiations.

Intellectually I’m union agnostic - if labor and capital can work without it fine.  its rise in popularity however is a clear indictment of current system, no doubt. I’m all for it at this point.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not for nothing, ownership benefits a great deal from collective bargaining provided that they have high quality management teams in place and operate in an industry with a clear division of management and non-management.  Show me a bad union in that kind of industry and I’ll show you poor management every time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, did I hear or read that Darkness was going to try to talk Israel into recognizing Palestine and Saudi to recognize Israel?

Did I dream that it was it the Onion or something?

If it's real and he pulls that off he probably gets to be President until he dies.

The company I used to work for 10 years ago got bought out by a big boy.  Some of the guys I "grew up with" in that company got some good money in the buyout deal.

@fattyflattie who should I be angry with because of this?  To be honest, I give zero shits but it seems like in your world if some one gets something good that means we lost and we should be pissed fucking off.

I want to be pissed fucking off so I can be cool as you.  I just need to know who should be targeted, your expertise is requested.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

On 4/19/2024 at 11:16 PM, StassneyHorn said:

My thread so Im officially locking all comments on Fatty and getting back to the topic at hand.

Joe Biden kicking ass and causing union resurgence.

LOL NOT EVEN CLOSE. 72%-28%

Workers voted overwhelmingly Friday to unionize at Volkswagen’s Tennessee plant, handing a major victory to the United Auto Workers and a resurgent U.S. labor movement. The tally was 2,628 to 985 for the UAW, Volkswagen said in a statement. The election was the third attempt by workers to organize at the Chattanooga factory, where past votes have narrowly failed. It also gives the UAW, which won record wage increases at GM, Ford and Stellantis last year, its first stronghold in the largely non-union South.

Volkswagen becomes the first new automaker in the U.S. to be unionized in nearly half a century.

Friday's vote is part of an effort by the UAW to organize 13 automakers, and "could be the start of a revolution in the U.S. auto industry," per CNN.

Another vote at a Mercedes plant in Alabama will close May 17 — and organizing efforts are ongoing at a number of foreign automakers, as well as the plants of U.S. vehicle makers Tesla, Rivian and Lucid.

My own thoughts: Amazing to see such a seismic shift with the common man's decision after previously failing twice, with the last vote in 2019 before widespread COVID shutdowns and "essential workers" got shaft. Would love to see if blue collar workers in other industries have the same shifting thoughts but can't think of a good ongoing comparison. This happening in the south doesn't leave much populated areas with experience left to consider moving to in United States to skirt unions. It'd have to be Mexico if you want some fingerprint in North America. Every single Volkswagen facility was union with the exception of this, so I don't believe they/ll pack up and go anywhere. Glad to see the waig is only a month to see what, if any, immediate shockwaves carry over to the Alabama vote.

My Mercedes was built in Alabama.  I hope they go union.  Just wanted to humble brag a little bit and express support for the unions.

If you really want to scare the shit out of fattie and the other right wing losers, figure out a way to organize white collar labor.  That would be cool as shit; I would sign up today.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 8:43 PM, Captainant said:

You aren't bringing a different opinion. You're bringing alternative facts and material misrepresentions of reality and insisting we accept them as true before you will engage. 

That is trolling my guy. 

Don’t feed the trolls. 

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My Mercedes was built in Alabama.  I hope they go union.  Just wanted to humble brag a little bit and express support for the unions.

If you really want to scare the shit out of fattie and the other right wing losers, figure out a way to organize white collar labor.  That would be cool as shit; I would sign up today.

My second stint at UC Berkeley was as a postdoc where, like all other postdocs and many other staff positions, I was actually represented by the UAW. This was in the physical sciences, so not the kind of crowd that would join the picket line alongside Humanities. The UAW was entitled to a small fraction of my salary, even if I wasn't a member, but my health insurance was badass.

"Hi, I'm Todd. Your UAW representative. Are you interested in becoming a member of the union? We have monthly meetings and your monthly membership dues would be XX."

"No. I'm too busy."

"I understand. Are you aware that xx of your monthly pay goes to supporting us regardless of your membership?"

"Yeah. I'm cool with that. Keep up the good work. But really, I'm too busy." 

My experience may be unique, having worked in Libtown, USA. Now, as a researcher in Corporate America with a family who thinks my healthcare premiums and deductibles are too damn high, I'd be down with union membership. Still, I think the incubator of the concept is earlier in the professional career, i.e. in academic environments, and those folks are too overworked to care, and too beholden to unsympathetic faculty.

/csb

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The company I used to work for 10 years ago got bought out by a big boy.  Some of the guys I "grew up with" in that company got some good money in the buyout deal.

@fattyflattie who should I be angry with because of this?  To be honest, I give zero shits but it seems like in your world if some one gets something good that means we lost and we should be pissed fucking off.

I want to be pissed fucking off so I can be cool as you.  I just need to know who should be targeted, your expertise is requested.

Oh come on.  You know who you should be mad at…don’t make him say it!

On 4/19/2024 at 2:08 PM, fattyflattie said:

Man, it's almost like it's not my fucking problem.  Crazy indeed. 

Quit being such a pathetic pussy, grow the fuck up, and start acting like an actual man instead of the sniveling little snowflake you are right now. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I work in tech, non-engineer and I would totally sign up for a union in this space.

• Hook 'Em 2

Have you guys seen this? Have you guys heard about this? My President is buying more votes.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-rule-grants-overtime-pay-4-million-us-workers-2024-04-23/

Biden rule grants overtime pay to 4 million US workers

The administration of U.S. President Joe Biden on Tuesday unveiled a rule extending mandatory overtime pay to an estimated 4 million salaried workers, going even further than an Obama-era rule that was struck down in court.
The U.S. Department of Labor rule will require employers to pay overtime premiums to workers who earn a salary of less than $1,128 per week, or about $58,600 per year, when they work more than 40 hours in a week.
The current salary threshold of about $35,500 per year was set by the Trump administration in a 2020 rule that worker advocates and many Democrats have said did not go far enough.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Wait, are you telling me that someone gave a 45min teleprompter speech in front of a crowd and at some point fucked up???   That is impossible!   So impossible that I am sure one of you "gotta trolls" will take up my challenge.  If anyone of you are willing to stand up at the next surly tailgate and give a completely perfect 45min teleprompted speech I will give you $500.   Any takers?   

But since this is such a big fucking deal lets take a look at the competition....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4