Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, softlynow said:

CNN: "Everyone got richer, healthier and laid today. How can Joe Biden's reelection bid possibly recover?"

I definitely got laid tonight. He has my vote. 

Spoiler

IMG_1954.jpeg

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

"Commander, buddy. I love you.  We're gonna send you live on a great big pit, I mean farm, in South Dakota where you can run and play all day long."  

Yeah, at 20 bites...that's a big red flag.  That's not a well dog, sorry Joe.

At least Joe isn't a dipshit about it and claims, like asshole dog owners, "Oh, he's fine.  He loves kids.  He's never bitten anyone." 

I swear if I fucking hear that from one more fucking dog owning adult in Austin.  Yeah, no dog ever bitten anyone until it bites someone.  It'd be weird if you said, "Oh Scraps here?  Yeah, he bites kids all the time.  And hard, too.  I don't even know why I bring him to playscapes in my van."    

Edited by YGIFS

Stop me if you’ve heard it…

S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record highs on AI momentum, Dow edges up after weak retail sales

By Echo Wang

(Reuters) -The S&P 500and Nasdaq closed at record highs on Tuesday, buoyed by Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA)'s continued surge to new peaks, while the Dow ended barely higher in subdued pre-holiday trading following softer-than-expected U.S. retail sales data.

Nvidia overtook Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) to become the world's most valuable company, ending the day with a market capitalization of $3.22 trillion.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Stop me if you’ve heard it…

S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record highs on AI momentum, Dow edges up after weak retail sales

By Echo Wang

(Reuters) -The S&P 500and Nasdaq closed at record highs on Tuesday, buoyed by Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA)'s continued surge to new peaks, while the Dow ended barely higher in subdued pre-holiday trading following softer-than-expected U.S. retail sales data.

Nvidia overtook Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) to become the world's most valuable company, ending the day with a market capitalization of $3.22 trillion.

bang-bang-joe-biden.gif

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

It's actually pretty easy to sort out.

You need to build a large new manufacturing facility, with a big-ass footprint.  Where do you build it?  In the middle of Manhattan, downtown Austin, the Heights in Houston?  OR...do you build it in a suburban/semi-rural area where land is plentiful and cheap? See, e.g., massive new Samsung facility, which is being built in...Taylor.  Where there were thousands of acres available, and the ability to construct the massive infrastructure (water etc.) needed to serve the facility.

Once you make THAT selection.....which areas are more likely to be blue, versus red?  Urban is likely to be blue....Taylor, TX is likely to be red.  

It's almost all about open space and footprint, which just so happens to correlate with red districts more often than blue districts.  But as we all know, correlation (in this case, red dist v. blue dist) does not equal causation.  "Open space" is the quality that correlates with BOTH "can build a factory here" and "is more likely to vote red."  Those outcomes are in parallel, they are not in a line of causation.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/20/2024 at 10:55 AM, Brisketexan said:

It's actually pretty easy to sort out.

You need to build a large new manufacturing facility, with a big-ass footprint.  Where do you build it?  In the middle of Manhattan, downtown Austin, the Heights in Houston?  OR...do you build it in a suburban/semi-rural area where land is plentiful and cheap? See, e.g., massive new Samsung facility, which is being built in...Taylor.  Where there were thousands of acres available, and the ability to construct the massive infrastructure (water etc.) needed to serve the facility.

Once you make THAT selection.....which areas are more likely to be blue, versus red?  Urban is likely to be blue....Taylor, TX is likely to be red.  

It's almost all about open space and footprint, which just so happens to correlate with red districts more often than blue districts.  But as we all know, correlation (in this case, red dist v. blue dist) does not equal causation.  "Open space" is the quality that correlates with BOTH "can build a factory here" and "is more likely to vote red."  Those outcomes are in parallel, they are not in a line of causation.

Not to mention, whose states' government is going to fuck over taxpayers by granting massive tax incentives to commercial/corporate interests to make it nice and cheap to build there?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm under no illusion that Joe Biden is a genius, but he's quite clearly an adept deal-maker.  I didn't realize the numbers were as big as that piece alludes.  If so, then let's go Brandon some more.

6 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

It's so annoying knowing that these are aimed at like 10% of the voting populace because 40% are completely fucking in on the cult no matter what and this won't sway them for shit.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm under no illusion that Joe Biden is a genius, but he's quite clearly an adept deal-maker.  I didn't realize the numbers were as big as that piece alludes.  If so, then let's go Brandon some more.

no one can out spend the Saudis, but they sure the hell can be outsmarted 

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

no one can out spend the Saudis, but they sure the hell can be outsmarted 

Well, an inbred monarchy with a bajillion dollars in reserve is not all that hard to outsmart.

On 5/24/2024 at 9:04 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Oh look anyone who’s on a SAVE plan for loan forgiveness is getting their payments cut in half.

The Saving on a Valuable Education planis the newest income-driven repayment plan available to federal student loan borrowers, and this summer it's getting even more affordable.

Currently, monthly payments on the SAVE plan are calculated as 10% of borrowers' discretionary income. That's the difference between your adjusted gross income and 225% of the federal poverty line, which is $33,885 a year for individuals in 2024, according to the Department of Health and Human Services

But in July, the payments will drop to 5% of discretionary income for borrowers with undergraduate debt currently on the SAVE Plan, an Education Department spokesperson confirmed to CNBC Make It. The change will begin with their first payment due date in July.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/05/24/save-plan-student-loan-payments-could-get-cut-in-half-in-july.html

And of course Republican state’s courts are blocking it. 6 days before implementation

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-judges-block-parts-key-biden-student-debt-plan-2024-06-24/

Just walking out to the podium, he looked bad. His speech / tone was off all night. They knew certain topics would come up and he couldn’t slam dunk those topics. He froze up very early on and a couple over times, mis talked a couple other tines. Either replace him or face a certain loss 

it was a bad bad night for the campaign 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Just walking out to the podium, he looked bad. His speech / tone was off all night. They knew certain topics would come up and he couldn’t slam dunk those topics. He froze up very early on and a couple over times, mis talked a couple other tines. Either replace him or face a certain loss 

it was a bad bad night for the campaign 

From a political standpoint, the only chance you have is to go all in with the incumbent.

But maybe this time will be different if you replace him.

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

PCE is out tomorrow. It will be down. Y’all crapping your pants over a debate performance is funny. I didn’t watch though. 

im not worried about the base, swing voters will have a lot of opinions 

Edited by tx 3 putt

It's going to be so funny when he doesn't have a cold and sounds like 10% better for the next debate and all of you are like "WHERE WAS THIS JOE LAST TIME!?" 

The debates haven't mattered in decades. The overwhelming majority of the people who watched tonight are political sickos who already know who they're voting for. Sure Trump will run clips of Biden looking bad. People whining about that are ignoring that there will also be lots of clips of Trump looking bad too. Unless he dies between now and November he isn't getting replaced because that'd be much fucking worse for Dem chances in November than running Joe out there with a visible puppeteer.

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

He was over-prepped and tried to get too much into each answer. His strategy should have been to make a single solid point on each topic. He also should have started calling out Trump's lies earlier. I think Joe would have been better walking in there and going off the cuff. 

Trump parroted the same lies over and over. He refused to answer substantive questions. There was a time when that would have hurt a candidate. These days, you can try to overthrow the government and still be viable.

I would have gone after Maga Republicans all night. I would have called Trump a whiner earlier. I would have tried to avoid repeating the same transitions over and over.

There is no comparison between the candidates. Biden is not a traitor. He's also too old for the job. At least he's not Putin's lapdog.

I spent most of the debate raging. Sad days for the republic.

Trump also won the second debate in 2020, the polls did not show it but he set the bar so low acting like a raging lunatic in the first debate that him just being measured in the second one with Biden, was the low bar the talking heads awarded him with a victory.

The issue isn’t that Biden “lost” the debate. It’s that he looks and acts like everyone’s great-grandfather just before you have to take away the keys.

People don’t want to vote for that person to be the president for four years. Luckily, they’re running against the worst possible candidate imaginable.

• Hook 'Em 1