Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

The issue isn’t that Biden “lost” the debate. It’s that he looks and acts like everyone’s great-grandfather just before you have to take away the keys.

People don’t want to vote for that person to be the president for four years. Luckily, they’re running against the worst possible candidate imaginable.

I have no problem whatsoever voting for that person. None.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Red Five said:

The issue isn’t that Biden “lost” the debate. It’s that he looks and acts like everyone’s great-grandfather just before you have to take away the keys.

People don’t want to vote for that person to be the president for four years. Luckily, they’re running against the worst possible candidate imaginable.

I mean yeah, this is a referendum against Trump, just like 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023 All of them democrats significantly overperforming the polling. We want to throw all that away? I don't like Biden I want to beat Trump 52-53% of the country is the same.

This was not the case in 2016 back then Trump then was an blank page.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Biden-Wins-Debate-in-CNN-Instant-Poll-12

Again that was not the talking head consensus, Trump was given a low bar of not ranting and raving, Plus that debate was in October and Trump got way more than 39%, Debates are meaningless. 

44 minutes ago, linux said:

Trump also won the second debate in 2020, the polls did not show it but he set the bar so low acting like a raging lunatic in the first debate that him just being measured in the second one with Biden, was the low bar the talking heads awarded him with a victory.

No he didn’t 

51 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i was just thinking about that Romney/Obama debate! i knew there had been one where consensus was Obama got his clock cleaned 🤔 i felt terrible that night too lol

People were sharing Gagnum style memes of Romney dancing over Obama in an elevator the first debate where he lied about every position he ever had. Obama was called within the first hour of that cycle.

No I won’t take 20 minutes to do your survey

IMG_0535.png

You guessed it… more all time highs for the Nasdaq and S&P 500.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/futures-edge-higher-ahead-key-payrolls-data-2024-07-05/

Please take some time out of your busy schedules demanding Biden step aside for being old, ignoring his opponent has 34 felony convictions and won’t withdraw, and be the first to wish the man a “Happy Greatest economy ever.”

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/28/2024 at 12:44 AM, David Dennison said:

I have no problem whatsoever voting for that person. None.

You’re not the target demographic. It’s the swing voter in the swing states. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You guessed it… more all time highs for the Nasdaq and S&P 500.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/futures-edge-higher-ahead-key-payrolls-data-2024-07-05/

Please take some time out of your busy schedules demanding Biden step aside for being old, ignoring his opponent has 34 felony convictions and won’t withdraw, and be the first to wish the man a “Happy Greatest economy ever.”

Happy greatest economy ever Joe

Now GTFO

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You are all tired of winning.

S&P 500, Nasdaq close at all-time highs ahead of inflation data and second-quarter earnings reports

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/07/07/stock-futures-open-lower-as-investors-await-inflation-data-this-week-live-updates-.html

Are you under the impression that NASDAQ winning correlates with us winning somehow? Are you one of those trickle down economics guys? I mean I guess “yay for businesses!” “Hooray for nvidia!”

Edited by Vegas64

22 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Are you under the impression that NASDAQ winning correlates with us winning somehow? Are you one of those trickle down economics guys? I mean I guess “yay for businesses!” “Hooray for nvidia!”

I believe a lot of this is tongue-in-cheek from the MAGAs spending 2017-2020 exclaiming BEST ECONOMY EVER!!!! bc of record high stock market and 401ks, but now saying the economy is terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

no, it's his schtick

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I believe a lot of this is tongue-in-cheek from the MAGAs spending 2017-2020 exclaiming BEST ECONOMY EVER!!!! bc of record high stock market and 401ks, but now saying the economy is terrible. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

no, it's his schtick

whynotboth.gif

Not sure where to put this, but former Oklahoma senator Jim Inhofe has gone to see Beelzebub. Granted he's a former senator, but he still supported Trump so that makes him a piece of shit.

https://apnews.com/article/republican-senator-jim-inhofe-obit-2a3ac758737845c0aa2e05ae2036005b

Does Biden have anything to do with this? Maybe, maybe not, go fuck yourself Jim Inhofe.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

no, it's his schtick

‘member when trump said the market would crash if Biden gets elected?  Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

‘member when trump said the market would crash if Biden gets elected?  Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

I remember when he said that if Biden wins then we won't have a country anymore. 

It's almost like nothing he says or does matters. How on earth did we get here.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I remember when he said that if Biden wins then we won't have a country anymore. 

It's almost like nothing he says or does matters. How on earth did we get here.

the internet happened. it has broken a lot of brains. there is a huge segment of our population who simply cannot handle the responsibility of being online. and plenty more who exploit that for their own game. rinse/repeat

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s not shtick to alert the board to all time highs in stock market indices under a Dem. There is a sizable chunk of people in the US who don't know we’re at all time highs and think Dems are bad for their portfolio. It’s not shtick to let everyone know we just had the longest period of 4.0% and below for unemployment levels since it has been recorded. It’s not shtick to let everyone know CPI is has fallen from 9.1 to probably 3.1 tomorrow. A rate cut will happen. It’s not shtick to remind Boomers this is their reason for voting R.

It is shtick to say he does it alone. Single-handedly. All by himself. Light a candle.

So yea, celebrate. When all of you continue to participate in doom posting, doing Republicans jobs for them, you don’t get to participate in your “Why don’t Dems run ads that show xxxxxx accomplishments?” posts that get beaten to death.

Here’s some more you ungrateful heathens today

S&P 500 and Nasdaq notch record highs as Nvidia gains

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/futures-higher-megacaps-chip-stocks-rise-ahead-powell-comments-2024-07-09/

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s not shtick to alert the board to all time highs in stock market indices under a Dem. There is a sizable chunk of people in the US who don't know we’re at all time highs and think Dems are bad for their portfolio. It’s not shtick to let everyone know we just had the longest period of 4.0% and below for unemployment levels since it has been recorded. It’s not shtick to let everyone know CPI is has fallen from 9.1 to probably 3.1 tomorrow. A rate cut will happen. It’s not shtick to remind Boomers this is their reason for voting R.

It is shtick to say he does it alone. Single-handedly. All by himself. Light a candle.

So yea, celebrate. When all of you continue to participate in doom posting, doing Republicans jobs for them, you don’t get to participate in your “Why don’t Dems run ads that show xxxxxx accomplishments?” posts that get beaten to death.

Here’s some more you ungrateful heathens today

S&P 500 and Nasdaq notch record highs as Nvidia gains

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/futures-higher-megacaps-chip-stocks-rise-ahead-powell-comments-2024-07-09/

Nevada gonna have abortion on the ballot in 2024 and looks like Arizona will too. Only helps Dems. Gonna be on the ballot in Florida but needs 60%.

The issue could drag Nevada and Arizona into Dem victories, increase numbers in important Florida areas, and possibly help with Montana’s 1st district.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2024-07-10/which-states-could-have-abortion-on-the-ballot-in-2024

11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Nevada gonna have abortion on the ballot in 2024 and looks like Arizona will too. Only helps Dems. Gonna be on the ballot in Florida but needs 60%.

The issue could drag Nevada and Arizona into Dem victories, increase numbers in important Florida areas, and possibly help with Montana’s 1st district.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2024-07-10/which-states-could-have-abortion-on-the-ballot-in-2024

I don’t know what most swing states are going to do, but the Arizona polls seem the most insane and wrong. You’re a Gallego/Trump voter?  Really?  Yeah, that’s a unicorn. And with abortion on the ballot, if Arizona isn’t blue by at least 6-7 points I will be blown away. If it goes red, well, we never had a chance in this election anyway. 

It's not uncommon for people to vote on a ballot measure one way and then vote for a candidate that wholly opposes their vote on the ballot measure. Dems need to make it clear that votes to protect abortion at the state level won't be enough to protect it if Trump is elected.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It's not uncommon for people to vote on a ballot measure one way and then vote for a candidate that wholly opposes their vote on the ballot measure. Dems need to make it clear that votes to protect abortion at the state level won't be enough to protect it if Trump is elected.

Yep.  We do not need a 2022 House scenario where safe Blue states like NY and CA felt like it was okay to vote for the GOP candidate because their state was protecting abortion.

Your state level abortion measure won't hold up against a national ban.  

Edited by Js1

Wall Street Journal waking up this morning a bit chippy

The Journal's survey, conducted July 5-9, received responses from 68 professional forecasters from business, Wall Street and academia. Of the 50 who answered questions about Trump and Biden, 56% said inflation would be higher under another Trump term than a Biden term, versus 16% who said the opposite.

https://www.wsj.com/economy/economists-say-inflation-would-be-worse-under-trump-than-biden-263bc900#

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Awesome obviously but I worry about poor people just seeing their grocery bills going up and barely having any money in the market. Not that it's any shade towards Biden. Just spit balling the election.

Except prices actually dropped this month.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Except prices actually dropped this month.

My feelings don’t care about facts!

The WSJ is no friend to the Democrats and even their economists say inflation will go up under Trump. 

Dow Jones and S&P 500 close at all time high. Pales in comparison to what’s happening in Small Caps right now, up 11% in 5 days.

Big business, small business, monkey business. Joe is twisting and turning every knob magnificently.

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Dow Jones and S&P 500 close at all time high. Pales in comparison to what’s happening in Small Caps right now, up 11% in 5 days.

Big business, small business, monkey business. Joe is twisting and turning every knob magnificently.

NEW YORK, July 15 (Reuters) - Wall Street closed higher on Monday, building on Friday's rally as increasing expectations of a second Donald Trump presidency in the wake of a failed assassination attempt raised hopes of a looser regulatory environment.

NEW YORK, July 16 (Reuters) - Wall Street closed higher on Tuesday, building on Monday’s rally as increasing expectations of a rate cut mark a beginning of a outflow of investment in fixed income and into more attractive underpriced small cap equities.

I can do that too.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I do like that he wants to do that sort of stuff now, two years after he had a unified congress and far too close to the end of his term to get legislation done on it anyway.

That was never going anywhere with Manchin and Sinema.

10 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

That was never going anywhere with Manchin and Sinema.

It's amazing how many people do not get this.  Just because a POTUS has a trifecta does not mean they have carte blanche to do whatever.

Obama had to deal with a party switcher in Specter, Biden has to deal with party switchers (to independent) Manchin/Sinema.  Both of them had to prioritize economic recovery bills from the 2008 recession and COVID in their 2 year trifectas.

The Obama 60-vote Senate was also extremely conservative - some of those Southern and upper plains Dems make Manchin look like aBernie Bros.  It was unlikely they were ever going to have the votes to do anything related to Roe.  Just the abortion issue in the ACA was contentious and nasty within the Dem caucus. 

Manchin/Sinema were too feckless to go for filibuster reform.  There just wasn't the votes.  Only so much you can do via reconciliation. 

Even Trump's 2 year trifecta didn't do anything major except tax cuts.   They couldn't even get rid of the ACA. 

• Hook 'Em 2