Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

Joe's trip to Austin/LBJ is back on.  July 29th (Monday).  More truncated, no Lester  Holt interview.  Still talk of a smaller fundraiser with Luci Baines and Ian on behalf of Kamala with Joe being the Guest of Honor, but trip will likely just be the majority of the day and then back to D.C. that night.  

Hard to believe sitting in the 60th anniversary shadow of the Civil Rights Bills at LBJ Library, Joe Biden reflecting on his work to improve the lives of people of color on his watch, with a woman of color now running for President...that all of it combined doesn't hold a candle to what Donald Trump did for 'the Blacks.' 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Joe's trip to Austin/LBJ is back on.  July 29th (Monday).  More truncated, no Lester  Holt interview.  Still talk of a smaller fundraiser with Luci Baines and Ian on behalf of Kamala with Joe being the Guest of Honor, but trip will likely just be the majority of the day and then back to D.C. that night.  

Hard to believe sitting in the 60th anniversary shadow of the Civil Rights Bills at LBJ Library, Joe Biden reflecting on his work to improve the lives of people of color on his watch, with a woman of color now running for President...that all of it combined doesn't hold a candle to what Donald Trump did for 'the Blacks.' 

image.png.ce426cf71043bd7a7ee0f72dbbb10c97.png

Joe only has six more months to come and take all our guns like all my MAGA associates declared.  What's he waiting on?  I was told he'd be coming for 'em.  

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Joe only has six more months to come and take all our guns like all my MAGA associates declared.  What's he waiting on?  I was told he'd be coming for 'em.  

Democrat presidents are the best thing to happen to the gun industry. Every time it looks like a Democrat is going to win, they start up the "hEez GonnA tAke ur GuNz!!" and the price of an AR jumps 20%

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I can see the reflection of the teleprompter in the window behind him. 

Took me a second but i see it now 

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And? Do you think he's doing this extemporaneously?

No, there’s nothing wrong with him using the teleprompter. Every president does. It wasn’t a comment on him, it was a comment on the production. That’s not his jurisdiction.

It was just an observation. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

He is twice as orange as Trump. 

Dude, everybody wears TV makeup.  Especially the single camera that tight.  You’d know if your ugly mug was ever asked to be on TV. 
Where you don’t wear makeup is to play golf, crash weddings, and hang around teen pageant locker rooms.  

• Haha 2

Was a good speech. Laid it out on the table. Only got tripped up once but like, damn he’s old. Older than he was before he got Covid 

• Hook 'Em 4

Actually think he got tripped up twice. Sounded like he was going to say those who oppose you or whatever are friends, but then he said fellow Americans instead 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Meanwhile, Scott Jennings on cnn is a fucking chode. 

Reince Priebus is on ABC complaining that Joe didn’t address “the elephant in the room,” (ironic choice of words, Reince,) and say why he decided to drop out. Then he said we all know why he decided to drop out, that it was a political decision. Then he bitched again about Joe not addressing the elephant in the room.

Fucking dolt.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Can’t help but get a little emotional for him. I mean shit, he just stepped away from the possibility of a second term. Would it have happened? Probably not. But people at his level don’t give up power all that willingly. Look at the dinosaurs still roaming the Senate. If the good guys win and our democracy manages to survive, I think he’ll be mentioned in history books along with Washington in holding up the ideals of our country

Totally. They say power corrupts. Joe’s proven to be incorruptible. Trump otoh is the most corrupt individual ever to hold office and he would never in a million years willingly give up power. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Reince Priebus is on ABC complaining that Joe didn’t address “the elephant in the room,” (ironic choice of words, Reince,) and say why he decided to drop out. Then he said we all know why he decided to drop out, that it was a political decision. Then he bitched again about Joe not addressing the elephant in the room.

Fucking dolt.

Joe Biden doesn’t owe anyone that decision except himself. We all know 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

All they fucking do is whine, and complain, and bitch about everything. They are just the fucking worst

I’m so sick of it. Just a constant airing of grievances. Fuck off already!

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m so sick of it. Just a constant airing of grievances. Fuck off already!

They hate everything about America. Yet they’re “patriots”. Like just fucking go to Hungary or Russia and get fucked

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fucking dolt.

i mean he said exactly why he was dropping out and yes it was totally a political decision. 

giphy (1) (3).gif

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean we know it was a hard decision. We know it wasn’t easy. We know he wanted to run. I thought his speech was nice. Jill is the one with the fire and she has the right to feel that way. Read b/w the lines and it’s how they feel. To those who were not loyal🖕🏼 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Joe Biden doesn’t owe anyone that decision except himself. We all know 

Yep. And if Joe had given an explanation then Reince would’ve criticized the explanation. He was there as a naysayer, nothing more. He’s a craven political hack. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well said.  I just want to be clear, the slogan shouldn't be contracted "We're", it should always be spelled out in ads and banners as "WE ARE not going back."  

We are a flawed nation of mistakes and sins.  Sometimes we take 5 steps forward, and then another 5 forward.  Sometimes we take 5 steps forward and 6 steps back.  Just how history works for any country run by humans.  

And when my daughter sees that slogan for the first time in the coming days, and asks "Why doesn't she want us to go back?."  the solemn answer will simply be, "Because we can't."  

Then I start on my rant about how the people trying to take us back aren't skipping a day, so neither can we.  That's about the time my wife usually walks through the room and rolls her eyes like "again with this shit?"  She doesn't despise Trump as much as I do, but she certainly hates him.  But I know deep down she was disappointed that her family never embraced Joe's faith (they are devout rural midwestern Roman Cathholics), and his sense of decency; and their flippant support of Trump.  I don't bring up anything about my admiration of Joe nor condemnation of Trump around them, which works out well because nobody can hear me with FoxNews on at Volume 80/100 every fucking waking minute at the holidays.  November with them gonna be lit.  

Thank Joe, your long watch is coming to end.  Feel free to fuck some shit up on the way out, we got you fam.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Meanwhile, Scott Jennings on cnn is a fucking chode. 

Scott Jennings looks exactly like one of my assistant baseball coaches back when I coached Little League. He was not only an aggy but a corp aggy. He was actually a decent guy but such an aggy dork.

I was in Austin for work fairly often back then and when I would tell him I was going to be running late for a practice he would refuse to use the word Austin in the conversation. Plus he always tried to implement corp team bonding exercises which I always shut down.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

r/BlackPeopleTwitter - Biden as "ally," a matter of words vs deeds

3 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Can’t help but get a little emotional for him. I mean shit, he just stepped away from the possibility of a second term. Would it have happened? Probably not. But people at his level don’t give up power all that willingly. Look at the dinosaurs still roaming the Senate. If the good guys win and our democracy manages to survive, I think he’ll be mentioned in history books along with Washington in holding up the ideals of our country

these two posts, plus some shit he got done, best describe why he is the best president of my lifetime.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The single greatest GDP report in American history. 2.8%. Gepetto Biden continues to pull all the right strings, and our puppet master puts on a masterful display of economic big-brain activity. Waiting on this upcoming recession has been mighty impressive by some individuals.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/07/25/us-gdp-q2-2024.html

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

The single greatest GDP report in American history. 2.8%. Gepetto Biden continues to pull all the right strings, and our puppet master puts on a masterful display of economic big-brain activity. Waiting on this upcoming recession has been mighty impressive by some individuals.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/07/25/us-gdp-q2-2024.html

Initial jobless claims declined by 10,000, while durable goods orders unexpectedly plunged.

what does this mean? that people aren't hoarding as much?