Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Wooooo Thursday night drunk posting by Ana! College football is def back 

But think about all the engagement!

My initial comment was benign and personally experienced. When some of you take a breath and touch grass, you will come to grips with the real life sentiments of Americans  outside the toxic political pond. Granted, it will probably be after Nov 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

All I said initially was that "There is not a single person I talk to in real life that thinks the current climate is winning. YMMV."

This triggers some posters here. But I cannot be held responsible for that. Some of them have a long history of being triggered when confronted with common sense observations.  

“How could Nixon have won?! I don’t know anyone who voted for him!”

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

You should go into political consultancy. Nobody that I talked to today was stupid by any measure, objective or subjective. Again, politics breaking brains.  

What exactly are they unhappy with? Has any tax policy changed since Trump administration? The Fed is an independent body and has kept interest rates high. Other than Trump fucking up all of my deductions with his bullshit tax reform, that’s the main thing that affects me.

Inflation has been an issue, but it is finally coming down. I’m not sure how any other president would’ve had an effect on that, especially since our inflation has been much better than other developed nations.

The Trump tax cuts are in effect through 2025 at least, and Harris is only going to change them for folks making over 400 K a year, which may affect me depending on how many deductions and exemptions I get back on the business side

In short, what would Trump do differently that would have us in any other position than what we are in right now? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

What exactly are they unhappy with? Has any tax policy changed since Trump administration? The Fed is an independent body and has kept interest rates high. Other than Trump fucking up all of my deductions with his bullshit tax reform, that’s the main thing that affects me.

Inflation has been an issue, but it is finally coming down. I’m not sure how any other president would’ve had an effect on that, especially since our inflation has been much better than other developed nations.

The Trump tax cuts are in effect through 2025 at least, and Harris is only going to change them for folks making over 400 K a year, which may affect me depending on how many deductions and exemptions I get back on the business side

In short, what would Trump do differently that would have us in any other position than what we are in right now? 

Have you talked to any of your staff recently about their day to day economic and financial pressures?

Just now, Anastasis said:

Have you talked to any of your staff recently about their day to day economic and financial pressures?

Yes and the main issue is cost of goods. Again, I ask you what policies could the Republicans put in place to decrease inflation?

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Yes and the main issue is cost of goods. 

Do they feel like they are winning?

Step back from the very politically engaged perspective. I get it.  But do you think they feel like they are winning?

Maybe cross reference immamac's post?

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah dude, stupid people are stupid. Water is wet. 

Yes and the main issue is cost of goods. Again, I ask you what policies could the Republicans put in place to decrease inflation?
Pass a 5th major tax cut since 2001 and have more money floating around the economy? I don't know. I'm just spitballing republican logic here.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Do they feel like they are winning?

Step back from the very politically engaged perspective. I get it.  But do you think they feel like they are winning?

Maybe cross reference immamac's post?

Why don't they feel like they are winning? How could they feel better if so?

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

TARIFFS! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

He wants to know what bonuses and raises you have given out sawbonz.

Yeah, that wasn't my angle. But I understand for your broken brains everything has to be personal. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

It's kinda amazing the fantasy land that some of you create around posters. 

Holy shit.  "Irony" doesn't even begin to describe this post.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

Holy shit now anecdotal evidence is all that counts?  Fuckin a’.   My anecdotal evidence is all the people I talk to are kicking ass, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong here.

Gladiator Russell Crowe GIF - Gladiator Russell Crowe Wheat - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

You talk to people with broken brains. I am in an industry that is an absolute north star for the economy and I have never seen anything like I have seen in the last month. Money is flowing and confidence is high. From the mega corps to the small time folks. I deal with them all and the floodgates have opened. 

It's funny, our investment banker always calls us his canary in the coal mine. I've mentioned before, but I'm in housing development, which is the leadingest of all leading indicators, and he always asks me how our backlog is as one of his main data points. We have had several very good years, and now it's to the point we are having to turn down serious amounts of work from even some of our best and longest term clients.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, G650 said:

It's funny, our investment banker always calls us his canary in the coal mine. I've mentioned before, but I'm in housing development, which is the leadingest of all leading indicators, and he always asks me how our backlog is as one of his main data points. We have had several very good years, and now it's to the point we are having to turn down serious amounts of work from even some of our best and longest term clients.

This.  I think you’re in construction, so just downstream from where I am, but I can’t take on many of the clients trying to hire me now.  There is such a shortage of housing that homebuilders are really trying to get ahead and build some lot inventory.  

Couple that with the trend of NIMBYism moving across suburbs in Texas (don’t laugh, I promise it’s real) and housing is still set to increase in pricing.  We’re literally not making headway on housing shortages because, despite what most people things, it’s really hard to produce new developments.

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

This.  I think you’re in construction, so just downstream from where I am, but I can’t take on many of the clients trying to hire me now.  There is such a shortage of housing that homebuilders are really trying to get ahead and build some lot inventory.  

Couple that with the trend of NIMBYism moving across suburbs in Texas (don’t laugh, I promise it’s real) and housing is still set to increase in pricing.  We’re literally not making headway on housing shortages because, despite what most people things, it’s really hard to produce new developments.

Yep, I'm a site contractor.

And 100% this. I have told people for years I have zero confidence that housing policy in this country will improve in my lifetime.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, still laughing at this idea that Ana goes to random bars, grabs a beer, sits down next to a bunch of strangers and goes "so how do you feel about the economy????"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also, still laughing at this idea that Ana goes to random bars, grabs a beer, sits down next to a bunch of strangers and goes "so how do you feel about the economy????"

Same energy as walking into a liberal coffee house in the big city

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You should go into political consultancy. Nobody that I talked to today was stupid by any measure, objective or subjective. Again, politics breaking brains.  

You say that, but there's a scary number of """smart""" people that are fucking insane. A senior VP at a F500 customer of mine went from telling us an anecdote from when he was at Raytheon and had to deal with working in a SCIF, to telling us about this great colloidal silver nasal spray hes been using to stay safe from COVID. 

Smart people can be really REALLY fucking stupid, dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, I am laughing at that idea as well.

Looks guys, everything is awesome. Bidenomics is winning. It's all very sustainable. .Just stay the course.  

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Maybe just ask them. 

I do, and I guarantee you my sample of socioeconomic demographics is much, much broader than yours. Many are terrified of Republican policies. Others are rich and choose the party with policies good for humans over self interest - terrified for others.  Others don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves and their tax rate. My wealthy clients cut both directions. And yes there are some middle and upper middle class folks that blame democrats for everything - we do tend to hear and talk to them at bars or in the lake/boating environment out here I’ll give you that. In some of my volunteer efforts I work with middle class, lower middle class and young people who are generally dyed in the wool democrats for humanitarian and self interested motivations combined. It’s a mixed bag and the idea there is a silent super majority of conservative Trumpers is idiotic. Talk about an echo chamber.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1