Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If you think that that tweet posed a greater risk than the current geopolitical set of the board today, I am not quite sure what to say.  

I don't think that, and I didn't say that. You came in here bitching about people being scared about "mean tweets" starting a nuclear war as if you had some kind of gotcha. Apropos to what? I don't even know what you're alluding to. What's the relevance here and to Joe Biden? I do know you have a problem with the capacity to embed tweets on this site, but that's as far as I know.

What I do know is relevant to what's going on right now is that "disaster Twitter" actually used to be a thing. Yes, there have always been dickheads spreading disinformation, but before, those accounts weren't promoted by the site. Now, we've got lots of folks who maybe aren't bright enough to swipe over to the "For You" feed to see what reliable sources (if they're following any) are saying during a time of crisis and are getting fed a bunch of shit about FEMA confiscate their property if they accept aid. Local officials, governors of all political stripes, and federal recovery officials are all talking about how this disinformation is endangering lives.

I mean, to me, that's the bigger issue. The disinformation that's being promoted by right-wing trolls from Elon's algorithm. That's what I was calling attention to in my initial response to your vague complaint.

You harped some more on nuclear war fears, and so I then replied with the most immediate recollection of how there was an actual threat created by our past president using Twitter. At the same time, I called attention to the fact that it didn't really matter he was using Twitter, because he would've found a way to freak everyone out anyway.

So, yeah, I really don't know where this is going, and I certainly know that the Biden thread isn't really the place to have this off-topic discussion. So, I'm just going to bow out for the night. I hope that whatever's under your skin resolves itself.

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I don't think that, and I didn't say that. You came in here bitching about people being scared about "mean tweets" starting a nuclear war as if you had some kind of gotcha. Apropos to what? I don't even know what you're alluding to. What's the relevance here and to Joe Biden?

I know that you know who is supposedly the leader of our country currently. There were some posters in the CR very very vocally worried about the implications of mean tweets wrt nuclear outcomes. I just find it funny that you don't hear a peep from them when the world looks to be in meltdown mode at the moment and the intelligence agencies are supposedly raising their risk assessments by multiples. You probably know what president that played out under. But at least there were no mean tweets.  

• Fuck You 4

59 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I know that you know who is supposedly the leader of our country currently. There were some posters in the CR very very vocally worried about the implications of mean tweets wrt nuclear outcomes. I just find it funny that you don't hear a peep from them when the world looks to be in meltdown mode at the moment and the intelligence agencies are supposedly raising their risk assessments by multiples. You probably know what president that played out under. But at least there were no mean tweets.  

No One Cares I Dont Care GIF - No One Cares I Dont Care Idc - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I remember some posters losing their mind over, as they framed it, an unacceptable level of tolerance for any even infinitesimal greater risk of nuclear war, given the impact of the consequences. Meanwhile we sit here today in 2024 and the world looks like neon green neocon wet dream. Crickets, though. I understand. If you listen to some of Bolton's recent performances, they are indistinguishable from many of the posters here. And esp the state mouthpieces.   

Why would I give a flying fuck what Bolton has to say about anything?  He doesn't hold any office and won't hold any office for the rest of his lifetime.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Honest question:  do you understand that nobody actually comprehends any of the things you are trying to say?  I swear, I have never encounted anyone more deserving of a Shit Peddling gold medal.  What you spew, at least in this forum, is utterly incomprehensible bullshit.  The sad thing is you seem to think you're making great points.  Did you pay someone to write all your essays at UT?

I eagerly await your self-congratulatory nonsensical retort.  Please use some catch-phrases you recently harvested from some obscure egghead blog.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well shit

Here we are again. I’m writing how DEMOCRAT, Joe Biden, is faithfully and fearlessly leading the S&P 500 and Dow Jones into uncharted territory at all time highs. The economic gains, felt by EVERYONE who isn’t a fucking dumbass, is up 35% this year. The Dow fell upwards to 43k, but I never got a hat made for it. S&P 500 staring at 6000.

We don’t deserve it, but please continue to light your job creation candle for Joe and pray for the best economy the world has ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 6

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  It's the most cogent, relevant, and thoughtful post he's ever made on this board.  Time to wave to the crowd and walk off into the sunset.

It’s too bad that we lost some of those exchanges to the board transitions. There was lots of good content over there that would be interesting if not informative in hindsight today. 

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Do you mean like the 80-page thread speculating about how liberals were molesting children in a pizza parlor's fictional basement or how Hillary Clinton personally murdered Seth Rich on the mean streets of Georgetown? Yeah, that was quite the informative discourse. It's too bad most of the thread participants chose different handles when the changeover happened. 

It’s not like we don’t know who they are 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Do you mean like the 80-page thread speculating about how liberals were molesting children in a pizza parlor's fictional basement or how Hillary Clinton personally murdered Seth Rich on the mean streets of Georgetown? Yeah, that was quite the informative discourse. It's too bad most of the thread participants chose different handles when the changeover happened. 

Certainly. It’s amazing the quantity of totally absurd content we lost in the various switch overs.