Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Biden has found ways to forgive billions in student loans. With a B. And even with those he's fighting conservatives because they are taking him to court AND taxing the individuals for receiving a govt benefit. But it's true that he cannot forgive as much as he wants.

I do find fault with him that I never hear him go after the real culprit: rising college costs. He might say that we need to make school more affordable but I haven't seen him do anything. I'm sure there is plenty of Biden support in higher education so it's not easy to go after their money.

Not the root cause (tuition) but he’s trying 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2024/01/10/college-tuition-junk-fee-regulations/72163465007/#:~:text=President Biden wants to cut,financial buck on to students.&text=The Biden administration is considering,such as food and textbooks.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Words have meaning. If the WH itself says we will respond at the time of our choosing, it is by definition not an emergency situation. If there is time to get the matter in front of congress, it should follow the appropriate constitutional process.  

We don't do declarations of War with Congress anymore, you're a smart cat who should know that.  We didn't even declare war after 9/11 and NATO still invoked Article 5.  It's not a convenient coincidence that we discharged the charade of Congressional War Authorization after Korea when television became ubiquitous.  Run Silent, Run Deep.  We are operating in multiple venues every single day of the year with no oversight and more importantly, no reporting.  The shit we are doing in Ukraine is an absolute masterclass that will be revered for decades.  What's already been happening in Iran and Gaza and Yemen was sculpted months ago and we will never know the half of it.  But I'm sure Trump has yuge opinions on it all...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

We don't do declarations of War with Congress anymore, you're a smart cat who should know that.  We didn't even declare war after 9/11 and NATO still invoked Article 5.  It's not a convenient coincidence that we discharged the charade of Congressional War Authorization after Korea when television became ubiquitous. 

Afghanistan and Iraq had AUMFs, approved by Congress. Now I think that the 2001 AUMF has been overly applied and should be repealed at this point, but that is a different discussion. The problem is not specific to the Biden administration, it has spanned multiple administrations and reflects a systematic consolidation of power to the executive branch, which Congress is happy to continue enabling.

Well yeah, but the AUMF is largely unconstitutional.  Fuck, even Alberto Gonzalez admitted it.  They enable it, as you pointed out, precisely because of the monetary gain to those they represent and get lobbying dollars from.  We're under less external threat than almost any other era in a 75 years.  Money gotta come from somewhere.  And as you say, both parties are ridiculously guilty of over-empowering the Executive Branch.  Which is a fucking crime that our children will pay for dearly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Now I think that the 2001 AUMF has been overly applied and should be repealed at this point

At this point, shit it never should have happened in the first place

I didn't realize it until I just looked it up, but both the 2001 and 2002 AUMFs are still active. For some reason I thought that 2002 (Iraq) had already been shut down.  

Edited by Anastasis

On 1/30/2024 at 8:25 AM, cactusflinthead said:

It's not like they're hiding it.

Is parody not allowed? Do I really have to give away the joke before it's told?

PresidAnt Biden should give it away if you ignored the "Parody by Rub" byline and Can 29 for the date

Job report out due tomorrow. Either way it goes is a win. It’s always a win. With revisions, still a win. 

How will you be celebrating the 14 million jobs created, with the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, rising wages and all time stock market highs? 

Im gonna mix one cranberry Mikes harder lemonade with an original Mikes harder lemonade, and hit on the 50 year olds at the pool.

The ONLY way to celebrate the greatest economy the developed world has ever seen.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Annual inflation 3.4%

Unemployment 3.7%

Stock market at all time highs

This sucks.

The GOP will be telling voters to not look at their paycheck or brokerage statements. Instead eggs are more expensive than they were in 2017. #1 issue.

seriously with the GOP not being able to run on the economy, they will continue to focus on immigration. Be prepared for them to find a young, pretty blonde woman killed by an immigrant with a dark complexion. Her mother and father will be on the GOP convention stage with Trump.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The GOP will be telling voters to not look at their paycheck or brokerage statements. Instead eggs are more expensive than they were in 2017. #1 issue.

seriously with the GOP not being able to run on the economy, they will continue to focus on immigration. Be prepared for them to find a young, pretty blonde woman killed by an immigrant with a dark complexion. Her mother and father will be on the GOP convention stage with Trump.

Or just cast actors and say it’s a true story. Their sheep won’t question it 

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump 2024: Um, Taylor Swift? Elmo, or something? 

This should be a layup for the dems. Things are generally humming along and the Rs are going to be running a convicted felon. I look forward to watching the ways they screw it up. 

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This should be a layup for the dems. 

2016 looked like a layup too.

Run up the score to guarantee victory. Biden wants to reform border security but the House isn't letting him. Do it anyway. Is the House going to sue Biden for increasing security without full authorization. Biden needs to get border crossings below Trump admin levels and then highlight it.

Take away every issue that has even the slightest legitimacy. And ask Americans if they are personally better off today than 4 years ago.

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Something happened around the vertical line:

image.png.92d93eacedf66890b1f903d944efd2f5.png

the election was stolen from Trump, leading to his secret, shadow govt that has led to the greatest prosperity for everyone?*

* except for anything negative. That's Joe's fault.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

the election was stolen from Trump, leading to his secret, shadow govt that has led to the greatest prosperity for everyone?*

* except for anything negative. That's Joe's fault.

On one of those Jordan Klepper type shows where they talk with Dotard fans, one of them said there are currently two governments. One is the Trump one and is responsible for everything awesome. The other one is the Biden government, and it's responsible for everything shitty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

On one of those Jordan Klepper type shows where they talk with Dotard fans, one of them said there are currently two governments. One is the Trump one and is responsible for everything awesome. The other one is the Biden government, and it's responsible for everything shitty. 

As a wacky as Trump is, he definitely gets his message out to his core followers. Some even run ahead of his crazy statements by coming up with crazier ideas. Very remarkable.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's very funny to read conservatives still pretending as if the New York Times and Washington Post are super politically liberal publications when they're both pretty much openly rooting for Trump.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

It's very funny to read conservatives still pretending as if the New York Times and Washington Post are super politically liberal publications when they're both pretty much openly rooting for Trump.  

Don’t forget CNN

"What Biden *really* says about Trump behind closed doors"

"Sick fuck" and "fucking asshole"

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/west-wing-playbook/2024/02/01/what-biden-really-says-about-trump-behind-closed-doors-00139178

President JOE BIDEN has a reputation for salty language behind closed doors. But it nearly slipped out in public during his speech at Valley Forge last month to mark the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection. Animated and angry, he derided DONALD TRUMP and his followers for drawing glee from political violence.

“At his rally, he jokes about an intruder, whipped up by the Big Trump Lie, taking a hammer to Paul Pelosi’s skull,” Biden said.

“And he thinks that’s funny,” the president continued. “He laughed about it. What a sick …”

Biden let his voice trail off as the crowd cheered and chuckled.

In private, he doesn’t stop short.

The president has described Trump to longtime friends and close aides as a “sick fuck” who delights in others’ misfortunes, according to three people who have heard the president use the profane description. According to one of the people who has spoken with the president, Biden recently said of Trump: “What a fucking asshole the guy is.”

The White House declined to comment.

The epithets may cut against the image Biden often projects as someone eager to take down the level of incivility and acrimony in politics. But they also illustrate a core anger he has developed toward the man he ousted from office and may very well face again.

Biden has long been troubled by what he has perceived as Trump’s encouragement of political violence, which the incumbent believes is a direct threat to the nation’s democracy and deeply un-American, according to the three people familiar with his private conversations, who were all granted anonymity to describe them. His disgust toward Trump has never been a secret but has only grown in recent months as the former president tightens his grip on the GOP nomination.

The Trump campaign chided Biden for his remarks.

“It’s a shame that Crooked Joe Biden disrespects the presidency both publicly and privately,” said CHRIS LACIVITA, a senior Trump campaign adviser. “But then again, it’s no surprise he disrespects the 45th president the same way he disrespects the American people with his failed policies.”

Biden believes Trump has grown only more loathsome with time. The ex-president’s jokes about the attack on PAUL PELOSI, the 83-year-old husband of former House Speaker NANCY PELOSI, particularly gall Biden.

A hammer-wielding man who was radicalized by right-wing conspiracy theories broke into the Pelosi family’s San Francisco home in October 2022 looking for the former speaker. He attacked her husband, fracturing his skull. In the aftermath of the assault, a series of salacious rumors about the encounter took hold on the hard-right, which Trump used as laugh lines for his rallies.

“We’ll stand up to crazy Nancy Pelosi, who ruined San Francisco — how’s her husband doing, anybody know?” Trump said to a raucous crowd of California Republicans at a state party convention in September. “And she’s against building a wall at our border, even though she has a wall around her house — which obviously didn’t do a very good job.”

Paul Pelosi’s attacker was convicted of attempted kidnapping and assault. That incident is not the only one which has prompted Biden to privately spit expletives about the likely Republican nominee.

Biden’s fury has also been triggered, according to the people who spoke to him, by accounts of Trump cheering on the Jan. 6 rioters from the comfort of his private dining room off the Oval Office. In addition, Trump’s declaration that there were fine people on “both sides” of the racist clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, as well as his warm words toward VLADIMIR PUTIN have been known to set off the president.

Biden grew particularly incensed by reports of Trump refusing to visit a military cemetery in the rain and by stories that he has mocked the sacrifices of fallen American soldiers. Biden believes his son BEAU died of brain cancer that developed after being exposed to burn pits while serving in Iraq. And, as with the case of the Valley Forge speech, his fury on this front has spilled out into public view, including last weekend in South Carolina.

“[Trump] referred to those heroes, and I quote, as ‘suckers’ and ‘losers.’ He actually said that. How dare he say that. How dare he talk about my son and all like that,” Biden said. “Look, I call them patriots and heroes. The only loser I see is Donald Trump.”

• Hook 'Em 4

“It’s a shame that Crooked Joe Biden disrespects the presidency both publicly and privately,” said CHRIS LACIVITA, a senior Trump campaign adviser. “But then again, it’s no surprise he disrespects the 45th president the same way he disrespects the American people with his failed policies.”

The disconnect boggles the mind.  It shouldn't, but it does.

Thanks a lot, Joe:

Our Chart of the Day is from YCharts, which shows that US oil production has surged to a new record high of 13.3 million barrels a day last week.

The prior record was 13.2 million barrels a day hit in November, and is above the pre-pandemic high of 13.1 million barrels reached in February 2020.

America's steady rise in US oil production has helped put a cap on prices, with the commodity down 8% year-to-date even amid a flare-up in geopolitical tensions in the Middle East, and as the US economy remains on solid footing.

That's been great news for drivers, with the average price of gas steadily falling to $3.12 a gallon, according to the most recent data from AAA.

The US is the largest oil producer in the world, surpassing Russia's 9.5 million barrel a day production rate, and well ahead of Saudi Arabia's daily production rate of 9.1 million barrels a day.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chart-day-us-crude-oil-044740808.html

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Thanks a lot, Joe:

Our Chart of the Day is from YCharts, which shows that US oil production has surged to a new record high of 13.3 million barrels a day last week.

The prior record was 13.2 million barrels a day hit in November, and is above the pre-pandemic high of 13.1 million barrels reached in February 2020.

America's steady rise in US oil production has helped put a cap on prices, with the commodity down 8% year-to-date even amid a flare-up in geopolitical tensions in the Middle East, and as the US economy remains on solid footing.

That's been great news for drivers, with the average price of gas steadily falling to $3.12 a gallon, according to the most recent data from AAA.

The US is the largest oil producer in the world, surpassing Russia's 9.5 million barrel a day production rate, and well ahead of Saudi Arabia's daily production rate of 9.1 million barrels a day.

Where are all your “I did that” gas pump stickers now you dumb motherfuckers 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Don’t forget CNN

Yep. CNN jumps on every poll that shows Donnie winning, no matter how shitty it is.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I had to watch that twice. They should stop reading economic news live as is comes in. And for the guy who said this was a good as it gets, I hope he enjoyed his last Fox News appearance.

The evening crew will continue to call it an "economic disaster" that needs saving from lord trump. Book it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Thanks a lot, Joe:

Go post this in the oil baron thread where they like to talk shit about Biden killing the energy industry.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Where are all your “I did that” gas pump stickers now you dumb motherfuckers 

I seriously had someone tell me that they went around putting those stickers on gas pumps. The story ended with "But then gas prices dropped, so I stopped doing it."

(blank stares, awkward silence)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I seriously had someone tell me that they went around putting those stickers on gas pumps. The story ended with "But then gas prices dropped, so I stopped doing it."

(blank stares, awkward silence)

It’s the clearest anecdote I have seen of how fucking stupid those people are.  I know several people who did it.  And these are people who also believe anyone disfiguring a private business with graffiti and shit should be shot.

But it really is amazing to me how every major policy complaint about Biden from those fuckers has been addressed.  Inflation.  Boom, fixed.  Dependence on foreign oil.  Boom, fixed.  Economic growth.  Boom, fixed.  And now he’s got congress agreed to a deal to address the border.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again
  • immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?