Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

7 minutes ago, royiv said:

I don’t understand the (racist) argument here. Are you insinuating that we should do away with government subsidized housing?

Why is this racist (aside from it's something you don't agree with)?

No, unfortunately, we will always be stuck housing cant get rights.  Just hunting the data @Brisketexan says is clear.  The anecdote of the kid raised by a college educated father who worked in oil and gas and provided his kid private school until college, who then received free college, who turned out to make it.  What a story.  Crazy to think kids raised by college educated parents who work in a well paying field, and then attend private primary school can make it as long as they get help with free college.  I'm sure that's what turned that worm. 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What the hell is wrong with you people? 
Why do you insist on wasting a Friday afternoon going round and round with someone who isn’t going to change their mind and LOVES these back and forths? He gets off on it.

tenor(25).gif.06f118ec994e1091da1e637ca3766ef8.gifsissy-and-bud-fine-forget-it.gif.a0679cc88df8e4f3512b5881a155e8d2.gif

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Why is this racist (aside from it's something you don't agree with)?

No, unfortunately, we will always be stuck housing cant get rights.  Just hunting the data @Brisketexan says is clear.  The anecdote of the kid raised by a college educated father who worked in oil and gas and provided his kid private school until college, who then received free college, who turned out to make it.  What a story.  Crazy to think kids raised by college educated parents who work in a well paying field, and then attend private primary school can make it as long as they get help with free college.  I'm sure that's what turned that worm. 

"College educated parents."  You mean my dad, who ended up at A&M by a fluke?  And who didn't actually make any real money (he was in a gov't job my whole childhood) until well after I was out of the house?  And my mom....who was lucky to graduate high school, and didn't have a pot to piss in till she lucked into marrying my dad (it helped that my mom was a knockout, helped her get a good fella)?  The parents who raised me in an entry-level shit house at the end of a barely paved road (well, it got paved when I was in high school)?  The ones who sacrificed like hell to put me in those schools?  THOSE parents?

But nevermind my story.  Check out the actual data I linked.  It's fucking obvious and intuitive, but maybe that will get through your sociopathy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"College educated parents."  You mean my dad, who ended up at A&M by a fluke?  And who didn't actually make any real money (he was in a gov't job my whole childhood) until well after I was out of the house?  And my mom....who was lucky to graduate high school, and didn't have a pot to piss in till she lucked into marrying my dad (it helped that my mom was a knockout, helped her get a good fella)?  The parents who raised me in an entry-level shit house at the end of a barely paved road (well, it got paved when I was in high school)?  The ones who sacrificed like hell to put me in those schools?  THOSE parents?

But nevermind my story.  Check out the actual data I linked.  It's fucking obvious and intuitive, but maybe that will get through your sociopathy.

Yes, your college educated father (parent, my bad) who worked in oil and gas and struggled to put you into private schools.   I'm sure the educated family and superior primary education you received wasn't a factor at all in your success.  It was very obviously the taxpayer funded stuff.  I understand you like this anecdote, but it's not your strongest argument.  

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

When rich people pretend they aren’t rich

I wish.  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes, your college educated father (parent, my bad) who worked in oil and gas and struggled to put you into private schools.   I'm sure the educated family and superior primary education you received wasn't a factor at all in your success.  It was very obviously the taxpayer funded stuff.  I understand you like this anecdote, but it's not your strongest argument.  

I wish.  

Wait, you think you are poor? 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

you know, maius bonum

Or, to go capitalist: dividends and returns.

Take it next level: calculate the COSTS of the failure to invest.

I'd rather spend $6k a year for public school education for a kid than $40k a year for incarceration of that kid when he becomes a failed adult because he wasn't educated.  Failure to invest leads to multiplied costs to mitigate the harm caused by that lack of investment.

Don't invest in new factory equipment?  Spend more both when it eventually breaks down, and lose money when you've suffered lower sales because of your shitty equipment for years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I wish.  

How about the mother who might not have even been alive but for gov't subsidized housing and gov't cheese that kept her alive, because she happened to be born to an abusive father her alcoholic mother had to flee?  No fault of my mom's - she was a fucking child.  But without that government help, she wouldn't have even been around to raise a positive economic input (me).

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Wait, you think you are poor? 

No?  I quoted Bozo saying that I was not rich.  As I'm certain you are aware, there is a wide berth between the two.  What post gave you that impression I feel poor?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

How about the mother who might not have even been alive but for gov't subsidized housing and gov't cheese that kept her alive, because she happened to be born to an abusive father her alcoholic mother had to flee?  No fault of my mom's - she was a fucking child.  But without that government help, she wouldn't have even been around to raise a positive economic input (me).

Well, I've known your online persona for long enough to know you have an anecdote for any situation - I shouldn't be surprised.  

There's no doubt we have to take care of kids (and unfortunately) their sometimes bad parents.  That's not in the same stratosphere as purchasing lifetime votes from college educated adults who didnt "meet their potential".     At a minimum, it's picking winners and losers.  But it's actually using everyones dollars to purchase millions of lifetime voters.  You're full of shit to claim otherwise. 

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

In that case you are likely rich in every meaningful sense of that word, except spirit.

I feel fine.  We just have different ideas of our "community"

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Please provide.  I'd love to see the lifetime net benefit we receive in tax dollars from welfare recipients.   

Each dollar of initial spending on Medicaid expansion for children yielded $1.78 in future tax revenue and savings on government transfer programs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=return+on+dollar+spent+on+welfare&oq=return+on+dollar+spent+on+wel&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBggGECEYFTIGCAAQRRg5MgcIARAhGKABMgcIAhAhGKABMgcIAxAhGKABMgcIBBAhGKABMgcIBRAhGKABMgYIBhAhGBXSAQkxNTg3OWoxajeoAhSwAgE&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1&sbfbu=1&pi=return on dollar spent on welfare

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I don’t know if you’re a piece of shit or not, but you sure do say a lot of things that only pieces of shit say.

Fair enough.  I'm sure I can check boxes on both sides of that ledger.  My problem isn't with charity, I've participated in some form or fashion my entire life.  My problem stems from it being forced, and what is purchased (votes) with it.  But it doesn't matter, only one opinion  of hundreds of millions that participate in this country. 

39 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

"Voluntary."

Is someone forcing student loans on people?  We should stop them from forcing student loans on people that would rather pay cash. 

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

No, I believe he is a bullshitter who is 80 years old and is in cognitive decline (you can decide how much).  Just like I don't believe he went to black, Puerto Rican, and (insert group in front of you here) churches growing up, as he often claims.  I don't believe most of the shit he says.  But I haven't believed shit from the president since I was a child. 

So, you don’t like bullshit? And that made you vote for Trump? Sound reasoning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Imma this is again what a troll pretending to be a moron looks and posts like

How is that?  Oh no, I simply cannot bear to hear an opposing opinion.  Please mod, come take care of this, even though an ignore function exists. I just cannot take it!!1!

• Fuck You 1

Fair enough.  I'm sure I can check boxes on both sides of that ledger.  My problem isn't with charity, I've participated in some form or fashion my entire life.  My problem stems from it being forced, and what is purchased (votes) with it.  But it doesn't matter, only one opinion  of hundreds of millions that participate in this country.  

Let's cut to the chase. Which subsidies are OK?

Is someone forcing student loans on people?  We should stop them from forcing student loans on people that would rather pay cash. 

There were a not unsignificant number of Americans who signed up to serve for five years minimum (per the agreement) teaching in low income schools for having up to $17,500 of their principle forgiven when they borrowed funds to attend school to become educators (Public Service Loan Forgiveness program). However, the former education secretary (DeVos) decided to make it onerous to not only file, but ultimately deny those applicants when they applied for the forgiveness, despite that being policy going back a number of years. DeVos claimed it saved money (well, no shit) but how does one put a value on 1) service to underserved communities and 2) providing financial opportunity to someone who cannot afford a college education to then discharge that opportunity to said community and raise their own standard of living? Seemed like a win-win to me. It took a lawsuit to determine the outcome.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How is that?  Oh no, I simply cannot bear to hear an opposing opinion.  Please mod, come take care of this, even though an ignore function exists. I just cannot take it!!1!

You aren't bringing a different opinion. You're bringing alternative facts and material misrepresentions of reality and insisting we accept them as true before you will engage. 

That is trolling my guy. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

sociopath, not psychopath. he has a murder dildo fetish and total disregard for other people, but he isn't violent and hasn't actually killed anyone. that we know of. yet. 😐

My interaction with @fattyflattie leads me to another conclusion. Which informs my judgement about his personality. (Not saying he is a murderer, but he is someone who implied violence would curb my comments).

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Citizens empowered the government to tax themselves to fund the entitlements at which you chafe. IMO, they did so because of Judeo-Christian morality.

I can accept legal efforts to rescind those decisions. I will not accept, for example, SCOTUS disregarding the ninth Amendment to shitcan abortion rights. It is the definition of patriot. Want to outlaw abortion? Pass an amendment. 

FTR, both of my daughters have and will earn their UT degrees, the balance of which my wife and I earned and set aside to meet. To their credit, we were saved full price. 

I vote in favor of social responsibility for the education of the following generations. In a perfect world, those costs would not be burdened by interest. Unfortunately, there are too many voters who are sanguine about profiting from education loans.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

My interaction with @fattyflattie leads me to another conclusion. Which informs my judgement about his personality. (Not saying he is a murderer, but he is someone who implied violence would curb my comments).

200w(20).gif.b6c584cbae163ba9130588a36f85be31.gif

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Bruh, I'm right here.

tenor(8).gif.c21c4246b9a40cd6accf99ed4f110cad.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

You aren't bringing a different opinion. You're bringing alternative facts and material misrepresentions of reality and insisting we accept them as true before you will engage. 

That is trolling my guy. 

Claiming “the data shows” without presenting data does not make it a fact.  That may even be construed as misrepresentation of reality, and insisting someone accept it. Accusations, confessions, rah rah. 

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

receipts or nah? 

1 hour ago, Hmbre97 said:

God forbid fatty or one of his family members gets cancer or some other horrific life-changing event happens that affects his ability to make a living and provide for his family. We'll see if he keeps that same energy when the shitty healthcare choices and social service cuts he continues to vote for come home to roost someday. 

Would my insurance disappear or something?  I’m employed. 

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

your vote is bought, fatty.  it's just bought with the blood of children in uvalde and sandy hook rather than a few measly dollars.

Oooh, that’s certainly a take.  

• Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Or the banks after 2008? Or all the mega corps after Covid? Or all the companies that escape their debts in bankruptcy? Nope, just the poors, fuck em.

Don’t forget automakers 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Claiming “the data shows” without presenting data does not make it a fact.  That may even be construed as misrepresentation of reality, and insisting someone accept it. Accusations, confessions, rah rah. 

Is this another thing where you're claiming I said something that I didn't? You're hittin the chick fil a too hard man, you're shadowboxin with ghost posts

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Is this another thing where you're claiming I said something that I didn't? You're hittin the chick fil a too hard man, you're shadowboxin with ghost posts

No, one of your teammates. Only pointing out you see what you want. It’s only a page or two back, easy to find. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Lucky you.

I believe you mean privileged. 

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Would my insurance disappear or something?  I’m employed. 

and if it's a stroke/other debilitative illness or a car accident that leaves you unable to work? You seem to have all the answers.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?