Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

3 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

This is a message that should get out to all minorities, whether by race, sexual preference, or religion.  You think those MAGA assholes are your friends and treat you as equals?  Hell no.  As soon as you turn your back on them, they're making fun of you and just waiting for a way to beat you down.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

Did you know about this? Did you hear about this? The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ both hit all time highs today.

I for one, would like to congratulate Joey Numbers, Mr Up and to the right, Day-Trader Joe, on concocting the single greatest economy the world has ever seen. 

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

On the one hand, being in a non-battleground state means I'm not inundated with campaign ads, and that is nice. On the other, I have no sense whether the Biden campaign is trying to put the positives in front of voters. It would be nice if he was actively messaging on the economy, bypassing the media who have seemingly no interest in doing anything other than covering everything Trump or occasionally saying Biden is old. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Another Jobsgiving coming in “too hot” for our experts. Liberal math has unemployment rate hit 4% though. 4.1% wage growth in the year outpacing inflation. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/06/07/jobs-report-may-2024-us-job-gains-totaled-272000-in-may.html

U.S. adds a much-better-than-expected 272,000 jobs in May, but unemployment rate edges up to 4%

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Another Jobsgiving coming in “too hot” for our experts. Liberal math has unemployment rate hit 4% though. 4.1% wage growth in the year outpacing inflation. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/06/07/jobs-report-may-2024-us-job-gains-totaled-272000-in-may.html

U.S. adds a much-better-than-expected 272,000 jobs in May, but unemployment rate edges up to 4%

Imagine how much better those numbers would be if our president wasn't really old.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'm reading how Muslim voters and non-Muslims voters are dissatisfied or even pissed with Biden's stance on the Israel-Palestinian war/conflict/genocide/whatever term. And that some are considering Trump to punish Biden and the Dems. Biden needs to start highlighting that Trump has switched to using the word Palestinian as a synonym for terrorist. And if they still want Trump after understanding his position, then they get something other than Biden.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

some are considering Trump to punish Biden and the Dems

You know, if they want to "punish Biden" by punishing themselves, i.e., forced deportations after protesting, more Muslim bans, watching Palestine get glassed, then you know what, we deserve what is coming

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm reading how Muslim voters and non-Muslims voters are dissatisfied or even pissed with Biden's stance on the Israel-Palestinian war/conflict/genocide/whatever term. And that some are considering Trump to punish Biden and the Dems. Biden needs to start highlighting that Trump has switched to using the word Palestinian as a synonym for terrorist. And if they still want Trump after understanding his position, then they get something other than Biden.

I honestly don't think talking about it at all can help Biden, his position is just a huge fucking loser with part of the base and he's got to figure out another way to deal with it. "Trump will be worse on it" isn't very persuasive to people who think Biden is supporting a genocide. Maybe he can message it somewhat orthogonally by highlighting the threat Trump and his base pose to all other religious and non-religious people who don't align with them, but even that I think is fairly unlikely to persuade these people. The good news is they're only really a substantial voting block in Michigan (and maybe to a smaller extent in Wisconsin?) and hopefully their loss can be offset with some white working class gains by highlighting all the success his policies have had bringing jobs back.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The good news is they're only really a substantial voting block in Michigan (and maybe to a smaller extent in Wisconsin?)

Go talk to some young kids in college.  White kids, Black kids, Asian kids.  Biden has a problem on his hands.

Fortunately, most of those kids don't vote, and Roe v Wade may tilt the vote anyway.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Go talk to some young kids in college.  White kids, Black kids, Asian kids.  Biden has a problem on his hands.

Fortunately, most of those kids don't vote, and Roe v Wade may tilt the vote anyway.

disagree. I chat with my kids and their friends regularly. its a really diverse group. I don't think Gaza makes the top 5 for most of these kids. its an issue but when they run through the options and trump is over there promising to bomb Gaza on behalf of Israel, it gets really clear, really quick. just because they are concerned or protesting doesn't mean they won't vote for Joe.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

disagree. I chat with my kids and their friends regularly. its a really diverse group. I don't think Gaza makes the top 5 for most of these kids. its an issue but when they run through the options and trump is over there promising to bomb Gaza on behalf of Israel, it gets really clear, really quick. just because they are concerned or protesting doesn't mean they won't vote for Joe.

Agree to disagree.  I've had these conversations with many kids of college age.  Totally different response than what you report -- Gaza is more important to them than abortion.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Please don't make me explain how the electoral college works. 

41 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Agree to disagree.  I've had these conversations with many kids of college age.  Totally different response than what you report -- Gaza is more important to them than abortion.

Im sure there are some out there that feel that way. its great to know they will end up voting for Joe as Trump and RFK plan to bomb the ever living shit out of Gaza. Again, its fine to protest and be unhappy with the ways things are but eventually you have to consider the alternatives and they are much worse for their #1 issue.

46 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The kids you talk to are stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

If you vote for Trump to punish Biden for his policies on Israel/Palestine, when Trump will cancel all the visas to all your family members. 

Welcome to the Leopard Eating Faces Party

Let me get my popcorn 

I never said these kids would vote for Trump.  They just might not vote.

I mean, go to a fucking college campus -- there's a huge one downtown -- and talk to people instead of making up stories in your addled aging brains.  This is not a new problem.  It's classic hyper-liberalism "because".

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump also moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem, which should give them an indication of his position regarding Palestine.

But voters are stupid, so who knows.

You can stop reading also

FAFO....do that and they'll see how well it works out for them. 

S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite both finish the day at all time highs, again. Job report on Friday showed unemployment at 4.0, tying the longest period of time at or below 4% since it has been tracked.

So please, allow me to be the first, to congratulate Joe Biden on building the greatest economy the developed world has ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I think it's fair to say that there are more "big issues" this cycle for young people than there usually are w/r/t Gaza, Student Loan Forgiveness, Abortion, DEI/LGBTQ+, and Jobs.  I'm sure that'll all result in maybe a 5% uptick in turnout in their demographic.  

But they haven't tilted an election since 1972, I doubt this one will be any different in the end.  I would wager heavily that half the young people at these protests aren't even registered to vote and don't even know in many of their states, the deadline to do so has already passed.  

49 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite both finish the day at all time highs, again. Job report on Friday showed unemployment at 4.0, tying the longest period of time at or below 4% since it has been tracked.

So please, allow me to be the first, to congratulate Joe Biden on building the greatest economy the developed world has ever seen.

image.png.3b3cbf0dff15359c34df20561afe50b1.png

32 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

First, you make a roux?

dibs on Electoral Roux for my new alt.cajun band.  A lot of our catalog is politically edgy.  

I really wouldn't focus on the youth vote, one way or the other.  Every cycle, they talk a big game and come out in more and more pathetic numbers save for 1 of 2 outliers since Vietnam/voting age amendment.  I wouldn't worry about RFK or No Labels, those people are gonna spite to spite.  I wouldn't worry about changing the mind of somebody who has proudly voted straight ticket GOP (so many states still allow it) no matter who is on the ballot.  I wouldn't worry about the 25mm rare/never hardcore MAGA voters, they're dug-in and all-in.  It's the other group.  Shame them too hard and they break for Trump to 'show you who is boss.'  Like anything in marketing, gotta just nudge 'em enough so they come to the conclusion on their own.  And a few million stay home.  Their turnout, or lack thereof, is gonna tilt this thing.  Not a few thousand college kids showing up to protests mostly just to be edgy and possibly get laid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Somehow, a large segment of the population has become convinced that throwing a tantrum and punishing those in power is some advanced protest technique instead of what it really is: toddler shit.

You care so much about these people that you are willing to essentially sign their death warrant so that you feel warm and fuzzy on election night.  Well done, all around.

(Also, a bit besides the point, but I've yet to see anyone answer "how?" after confidently stating that punishing the Dems at the ballot will force the party to listen to their demands.)

• Hook 'Em 3

Just embarrassing that a U.S. President would go out for ice cream.

True Class and Statesmanship is hosting an official White House dinner catered by Burger King.  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Just embarrassing that a U.S. President would go out for ice cream.

True Class and Statesmanship is hosting an official White House dinner catered by Burger King.  

It was a lot classier than that, with an amazing array of choices (McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and Domino's).  Donald Trump loves America and football.

image.thumb.png.d2f97b80a1b6f92241a261fe8dcb0926.png

I mean, I can’t say that doesn’t appeal to me if I was stoned. But I can do that at home, not at the White House. Unless Bill is hanging around 

• Like 1

I can't follow every post in this thread, but had a question. Supposedly the Wall Street Journal published an article that the Biden tax plan would result in tax increases to 61% of the country. I think that has to do with not renewing the tax cuts that sunset in 2025. Does anyone have this article? It's paywalled. Also, I presume that Biden is running on a platform to raise taxes on a certain percentage of the country. Does his plan not renew the current taxes for a part of the 61% that would see an increase? Because if his plan doesn't reduce that 61% somehow, I'm not sure he gets re-elected.

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I can't follow every post in this thread, but had a question. Supposedly the Wall Street Journal published an article that the Biden tax plan would result in tax increases to 61% of the country. I think that has to do with not renewing the tax cuts that sunset in 2025. Does anyone have this article? It's paywalled. Also, I presume that Biden is running on a platform to raise taxes on a certain percentage of the country. Does his plan not renew the current taxes for a part of the 61% that would see an increase? Because if his plan doesn't reduce that 61% somehow, I'm not sure he gets re-elected.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/11/biden-trump-extend-tax-cuts-budget-deficit.html#:~:text=Trump wants to extend all,extensions for middle-class Americans.

Both Biden and Trump's stated policy would be to extend the TCJA cuts to everyone earning under $400k. Above that threshold, there would be some differences.

I'm guessing the WSJ is using some wild contortions to show how "61% of Americans" would be affected by tax increases on the folks in the top tax bracket.

I saw some other hit pieces saying Biden is calling for the TCJA to sunset entirely. Of course they're lying, but we know that GQP shitheels don't care.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?