Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?

StassneyHorn

Also Trump only calling for them to be extended when he would be in office was predictable so he’s not POTUS when they go up. As predictable as them sunsetting in 2025 when it would have been his successor’s problem after his second term 

Oh shit am I stuck in a simulation?

S&P 500, Nasdaq post closing record highs after CPI, Fed

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/futures-tread-water-ahead-inflation-data-fed-outlook-2024-06-12/

Allow me to be the first to offer President Joseph Biden a heartfelt congratulations on building the greatest economy ever molded by humans.

5 hours ago, softlynow said:

I'm guessing the WSJ is using some wild contortions to show how "61% of Americans" would be affected by tax increases on the folks in the top tax bracket.

That's not possible, everybody knows the WSJ is a librul rag.

On 6/10/2024 at 1:56 PM, StassneyHorn said:

S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite both finish the day at all time highs, again. Job report on Friday showed unemployment at 4.0, tying the longest period of time at or below 4% since it has been tracked.

So please, allow me to be the first, to congratulate Joe Biden on building the greatest economy the developed world has ever seen.

4x

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I love dogs but if all these stories about Commander biting folks are true, he needs to be kept at home or put down

Seriously?  He is already at home.  This is old news.  Also, I have less of a problem with Commander given the bullshit that has come out about super Trumpy secret service agents.  

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Seriously?  He is already at home.  This is old news.  Also, I have less of a problem with Commander given the bullshit that has come out about super Trumpy secret service agents.  

Just keep him in Delaware.  A quick google search says he's bitten folk over 20 times.  That's a dangerous dog who doesn't need to be close to anyone but family.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Also, I have less of a problem with Commander given the bullshit that has come out about super Trumpy secret service agents.  

Did I miss this?  Link?

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

New ad this morning:

Going where?  The truth?

I know in this stupid world, truth is a weird thing to run into, but this is what they should be doing.   I don't understand how this is controversial AT ALL.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

New ad this morning:

They’re dropping $50m to air this one, with a bunch earmarked specifically for minority voters.  Swing states and cable news

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Going where?  The truth?

I know in this stupid world, truth is a weird thing to run into, but this is what they should be doing.   I don't understand how this is controversial AT ALL.

I don’t think he meant “going there” to be controversial in tone. 

Is that what you got?

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t think he meant “going there” to be controversial in tone. 

Is that what you got?

The implication is that maybe they wouldn't, or maybe they shouldn't. Which are both insane. 

But I'm sure this will be the new question for the panel on CNN. "Is it unfair for the Biden campaign to refer to Trump as a convicted criminal?" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

But I'm sure this will be the new question for the panel on CNN. "Is it unfair for the Biden campaign to refer to Trump as a convicted criminal?" 

Oh, you know they will.  Surely one of them will have the temerity to respond "is it OK to refer to Trump as an elderly white man?"

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, you know they will.  Surely one of them will have the temerity to respond "is it OK to refer to Trump as an elderly white man?"

“Is Biden out of bounds by referencing Trump’s mental decline?”

You know it’s coming. For fuck sakes, Maureen Dowd said something about how Biden needs to run a more low key campaign like Reagan 84 instead of a high energy campaign trying to “look” energetic. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

CNN: “Did Biden go too far in saying Trump’s name today? Kaitlin Collins will have that report coming up at 10.”

CNN: "Everyone got richer, healthier and laid today. How can Joe Biden's reelection bid possibly recover?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There's just SO MUCH material to work with. I guess the concern would be flooding the zone to the point where the "undecideds" just start checking out.

Like, Trump is the only president to be impeached twice. That may not even make it into an ad.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

There's just SO MUCH material to work with. I guess the concern would be flooding the zone to the point where the "undecideds" just start checking out.

Like, Trump is the only president to be impeached twice. That may not even make it into an ad.

I like operation Let Him Speak. Run ads that look like a Trump ad. It's just him talking, but highlight / replay the truly unhinged bits and the parts where his dementia is on display. Then close the ad with Biden doing the Jim Halpert camera look.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

The "new" CNN pearl-clutching is infuriating.  I'm under no delusion that they were particularly unbiased over the last couple of decades, but now they're avoiding truth to try to appeal to everyone.

The reality is that right wing media twists facts and often outright lies.  I don't advocate any media source do either, but soft-peddling bad behavior is infuriating.  I saw a clip this weekend of Biden engaging with some paratroopers, and FOX or whatever had managed to use a camera angle and cut the frame to make it look like he was wandering off from the main group that was there for the event.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but here we are, and the base eats it up.

Ultimately, we have two old dudes running for POTUS, and one is evil.  He isn't the guy currently in the Oval Office.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The "new" CNN pearl-clutching is infuriating.  I'm under no delusion that they were particularly unbiased over the last couple of decades, but now they're avoiding truth to try to appeal to everyone.

The reality is that right wing media twists facts and often outright lies.  I don't advocate any media source do either, but soft-peddling bad behavior is infuriating.  I saw a clip this weekend of Biden engaging with some paratroopers, and FOX or whatever had managed to use a camera angle and cut the frame to make it look like he was wandering off from the main group that was there for the event.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but here we are, and the base eats it up.

Ultimately, we have two old dudes running for POTUS, and one is evil.  He isn't the guy currently in the Oval Office.

Look at the "Trump bump" for every network between 2015 and 2017.  You are kidding yourself if this isn't the #1 topic of conversation in every single network leadership meeting leading up to this election.

image.png.dcf98c6deb7aa06d5c65d756b234e1c6.png

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

New leadership trying to grab some of the Fox viewership.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

New leadership trying to grab some of the Fox viewership.

Just bumping channels the other day, and within about two seconds of landing on CNN I heard them asking if it's maybe a good thing for team Dotard that he was convicted on 34 felony charges.

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Look at the "Trump bump" for every network between 2015 and 2017.  You are kidding yourself if this isn't the #1 topic of conversation in every single network leadership meeting leading up to this election.

image.png.dcf98c6deb7aa06d5c65d756b234e1c6.png

Well, 2020 had several important things going on that contributed to that bump, but yes, the overall point is correct.

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

New ad this morning:

I feel like that is voiced by the actor who plays Rawls from the Wire. I'd rather he just have an ad that is doing this to Trump

tenor.gif.7b87e4d961f2d4f895713e938b8f8e3b.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So I know a week ago I made a comment about there being an echo chamber in the CR librul cabal, in regards to the S&P 500 and Nasdaq being at all time highs.

Well, it turns out Echo is actually the name of the Reuters reporter. I shit you not

S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record closing highs ahead of data, Fed comments

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

So I know a week ago I made a comment about there being an echo chamber in the CR librul cabal, in regards to the S&P 500 and Nasdaq being at all time highs.

Well, it turns out Echo is actually the name of the Reuters reporter. I shit you not

S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record closing highs ahead of data, Fed comments

Because it’s a simulation

10 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Just keep him in Delaware.  A quick google search says he's bitten folk over 20 times.  That's a dangerous dog who doesn't need to be close to anyone but family.  

Checked your search, and not only SS agents, but also staff and Navy personnel. At least 11 bites required medical attention. So, I agree Commander is a threat to others.

Which sucks. But it could be a national teaching moment. I was really hoping that lesson would be instructions in how to not trigger a protective dog. And, to be clear, there has always been, and I think there still should be, a place in our society for protective dogs. A protective dog owner bears full responsibility to manage both dog and reasonable interaction between the dog and others. So, the Bidens should make their responsibility to others crystal, and keep Commander away from normal interaction with other people. Should have happened long ago.

The distinction in the case of this dog is that it's not particularly feasible to isolate the dog to family only when Secret Service is constantly present.  We have a dog who (fortunately) is the size of a shoe but she has been fiercely protective of our family from hour one.  It doesn't matter much who comes and goes, maybe she'll calm down a few days after a visitor arrives, but it's hit or miss.  Commander is probably a victim of instinct and there might not be much that can be done without drastic measures.

Well instead of just throwing their fat sausage fingers in a dog’s face or doing some dumbass sniff test with your palm up or down, show some positive body language, get on their level and show yourself talking to the handler.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Well instead of just throwing their fat sausage fingers in a dog’s face or doing some dumbass sniff test with your palm up or down, show some positive body language, get on their level and show yourself talking to the handler.

If that’s what happened, then I would change my opinion.

Edited to say that I think they added Commander to the family soon after taking office, and I doubt Joe had the time to socialize and train. If there is a handler, they are piss poor at doing the job. Still, it could be the dog. It happens.

Edited by Willfully Horn

Posted (edited)

Is this really what we are doing in the Biden appreciation thread?  I mean, if this is what people are really concerned about, a dog behaving badly and somehow that’s a reflection on the president, I guess it could be worse. 

To be honest, this ranks behind Hunter Biden for me and I could give two flying fucks about  what Hunter Biden does. 

It’s a dog. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Where Art Thou?