2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Looking at a radar last night for the DFW, looks like round 2 coming tonight. In the early morning/overnight hours.

I work 10 - 6. Wunderbar.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

For a thunderstorm warning? 

Safety first. Actually there's a shitload of things I have to do, leadership to wake up and force them make the call so the heat is off my ass before the ball starts rolling.

Edited by RPM

23 minutes ago, texasdago said:

But for real, this looks great for the 7 day estimates.  I mean, take it as long as we can before the furnace turns on...

image.png.4e07fa28f97ed47ba39de144b168c7db.png

San Antonio:

Seinfeld Soup GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

But for real, this looks great for the 7 day estimates.  I mean, take it as long as we can before the furnace turns on...

image.png.4e07fa28f97ed47ba39de144b168c7db.png

Everyday we steal now is money in the bank. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Safety first. Actually there's a shitload of things I have to do, leadership to wake up and force them make the call so the heat is off my ass before the ball starts rolling.

Care to elaborate a bit? I don’t understand any system that requires moving 800 people because of a potential thunderstorm. I could understand a tornado warning, but every time it rains?!?

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Care to elaborate a bit? I don’t understand any system that requires moving 800 people because of a potential thunderstorm. I could understand a tornado warning, but every time it rains?!?

They live in Chinese lanterns.  When they get wet, they fall apart.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Why would you ever fly to Dallas? Just to miss Waco?

If DAL is your final destination, Vonlane is the answer. So much better than flying.

• Hook 'Em 3

Got about 2 inches in 45 minutes.  That's great.  What wasn't was that my wife ran over a nail about 5 minutes before it hit.  Fucking soaked.  Got some fix a flat in it, got it to Discount Tire. Walked in looking like a just went for a swim.  

Still not complaining 

56 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Got about 2 inches in 45 minutes.  That's great.  What wasn't was that my wife ran over a nail about 5 minutes before it hit.  Fucking soaked.  Got some fix a flat in it, got it to Discount Tire. Walked in looking like a just went for a swim.  

Still not complaining 

Yeah, that storm blew up like a bomb.  I went to a client’s house at 3:45 wearing my sunglasses, and 20 minutes later I’m telling them it looks like I better get going because it was black as night outside.   Then I had to stop and get gas and run through the dumping rain and hail to go pay since the pay at the pump was down.   

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Furk. Trying to fly to DAL. Flight just got cancelled, rebooked to late flight. F that. I’m driving.

I once drove to Dallas from Austin not paying attention to the weather up north before I left

Radar looking something like the below.

35 flooded/closed just north of Waco.

tried some back roads that were ok until I came around a corner and headlights hit what looked like a massive lake right in the middle of the road with a huge culvert turned perpendicular 

That was about my most terrifying night of driving . Right up there with driving in a 2 wheel pickup up a mountain in Colorado near Christmas as a blizzard was rolling in 

IMG_0676.png

• Hook 'Em 1

I once drove to Dallas from Austin not paying attention to the weather up north before I left
Radar looking something like the below.
35 flooded/closed just north of Waco.
tried some back roads that were ok until I came around a corner and headlights hit what looked like a massive lake right in the middle of the road with a huge culvert turned perpendicular 
That was about my most terrifying night of driving . Right up there with driving in a 2 wheel pickup up a mountain in Colorado near Christmas as a blizzard was rolling in 

IMG_0676.thumb.png.d0c10a9d2e39da71d69b806947d19568.png
Think I did that drive coming from Dallas to Austin. Was in a work truck and my boss called to ask where I was because he heard 35 got shut down due to water over the road north of Waco. I was already to Georgetown by that point so I didn't get stuck but it rained like a bitch all the way back.

Don't think the force field is going to stop this one:

1d3e8b6f29a5e171b7365489daf7f4ad.jpg

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Finally some good rainfall numbers in the Travis watershed!

Can you elaborate? I come to this thread for weather and I’m learning how to human traffic 

Killing Eve Help GIF by BBC America