2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Increased (thermal) energy to our global system melting ice caps, and causing more convection of that fluid? Sound absurd!

Lol:

As the globe gets hotter, it is getting wetter too. Simply put, the warmer the air, the more water it can hold.

Scientists still don’t know whether this yearlong record global heat—and the downpours that accompany it—amounts to a statistical blip, or requires a recalibration to a warmer, wetter future that will test national infrastructure, raise insurance premiums and complicate global food production. 

Although questions remain about whether the rise in global temperatures will endure...

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, troph said:

Yeah waking up at 4:45am to thunder and lightening isn’t my favorite way to start a Friday. 

Come on troph, YOU of all people complaining about rainstorms????  Git yer head back in the game, lady.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah waking up at 4:45am to thunder and lightening isn’t my favorite way to start a Friday. 

The thing that made it better for me was going back to sleep realizing that I have the day off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Increased (thermal) energy to our global system melting ice caps, and causing more convection of that fluid? Sound absurd!

Yet clouds can block light and heat from the Sun, making Earth's temperature cooler. Weird.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yet clouds can block light and heat from the Sun, making Earth's temperature cooler. Weird.

I see you have swallowed this load of shit just like the majority of lemmings in this world. Those are not clouds, but weather and mind controlling chemtrail super clusters. They help the NWO keep all the gears turning for the Global Elite. 

open your eyes people!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The thing that made it better for me was going back to sleep realizing that I have the day off.

I was supposed to tee off at 7:30 in a golf tourney.  Now I'm stuck at work and the wife is hounding me.  And I'm tired as shit  

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

I see you have swallowed this load of shit just like the majority of lemmings in this world. Those are not clouds, but weather and mind controlling chemtrail super clusters. They help the NWO keep all the gears turning for the Global Elite. 

open your eyes people!

Lemming? I am a free thinker. I think we are assisting the world in aborting us. And I'm pro choice.

• Haha 2

So wait, are the clouds containing part of the chemtrails and them releasing them down onto us with the rain, or do the chemtrails ride the lightning down to control us?  How does this all work?  

One thing I love about this website is that there's a handful of dipshit conspiracy theory morons that believe in shit like this, but they're just smart enough (barely) to not post about it.  

Having said that, I'll be in the air today releasing chemtrails with JFK, Jr. in his plane 

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

That was about my most terrifying night of driving . Right up there with driving in a 2 wheel pickup up a mountain in Colorado near Christmas as a blizzard was rolling in 

we call those bicycles.

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Can you elaborate? I come to this thread for weather and I’m learning how to human traffic 

Killing Eve Help GIF by BBC America

image.thumb.png.36d971bcd7946b655786d547e7bba0b5.png

These numbers may still creep up a little more, but for comparison, at this time yesterday they were all running at 0-10 cfs

Screenshot2024-05-31at9_24_24AM.png.58598d69db61ba8a4cbfbfa5bf09d7ed.png

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

open your eyes people!

IMG_6411.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Come on troph, YOU of all people complaining about rainstorms????  Git yer head back in the game, lady.

you're right, i'm just surly about everything today.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

this is why. I don't have the day off but fuck it, i'm taking it at 1pm - done for the day.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

you're right, i'm just surly about everything today.

this is why. I don't have the day off but fuck it, i'm taking it at 1pm - done for the day.

I think 1PM is when the rain is suppose to start back up.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I think 1PM is when the rain is suppose to start back up.

1pm isn't 4:45am now is it?

plus i'll be on the massage table at 2pm snoozing through a deep tissue massage while it's raining before settling into a Texas baseball game at 6pm.

hashtag winning 50 year old style

• Hook 'Em 2

Well after having no power since Tuesday morning, it has finally returned. So the word of the day is gratitude. I'm thankful to the poor electric utility workers who have to working day and night to get things back up. I'm hoping those guys are getting tons of overtime pay. Had to toss out all our food from the fridge and freezer but it did allow me to get rid of stuff that's been sitting there too long and also give the fridge a nice deep clean. We were able to stash our teens with friends so they didn't really have it affect them other not getting to hang out at home.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 11:37 PM, Willfully Horn said:

Stronger magnetic fields lead to brighter, more active, auroras. 

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/content/aurora-tutorial#:~:text=As geomagnetic activity increases%2C the aurora becomes brighter and more active.

At higher levels of the geomagnetic index, Kp, the aurora moves equatorward.”

No shit Beavis thank you for the most rudimentary explanation ever.

The difference was Carrington X45 vs a couple of X1-X6 flares.

I hope this helps 

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

I hope this helps 

You're still alive? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

I hope this helps 

II figured it ought be basic, as you were saying the exact opposite.

But, never admit a mistake, amirite?

local weather forecast said rain at 4:30.    I went outside 15 minutes ago to mow and five minutes later it’s a double bladder cow pissing on a flat rock world.  It’s coming down in buckets and it just knocked the power out.   

I made the mistake of fertilizing the crap out of my lawn three weeks ago and now it’s growing so damn fast I’m gonna have to start mowing it twice a week if it keeps raining this much.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

local weather forecast said rain at 4:30.    I went outside 15 minutes ago to mow and five minutes later it’s a double bladder cow pissing on a flat rock world.  It’s coming down in buckets and it just knocked the power out.   

I made the mistake of fertilizing the crap out of my lawn three weeks ago and now it’s growing so damn fast I’m gonna have to start mowing it twice a week if it keeps raining this much.

My front yard looks great.   My back yard is going to look like the Palo Duro canyon in 3 weeks if this shit keeps up.  The drought killed my backyard grass.   I have lost all the top soil to try and get it to grow back and I’m tired of spending money on new top soil at this point.   

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Get a sheep. Tell people he is a rare dog.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

My front yard looks great.   My back yard is going to look like the Palo Duro canyon in 3 weeks if this shit keeps up.  The drought killed my backyard grass.   I have lost all the top soil to try and get it to grow back and I’m tired of spending money on new top soil at this point.   

sounds like Cactus are in your future.

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Let me be the first to share the news about this new amazing invention called, “grass sod”….

On 5/31/2024 at 9:43 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Waco gets ~ 16" of rain in May, and the Austin area gets ~ 5".  Ain't that a kick in the pants.

The Baptists are building and ark and putting all the rapey animals on it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Let me be the first to share the news about this new amazing invention called, “grass sod”….

It’s rained so much that the soil underneath the sod washed out.  Now the sod is sitting on top of the clay.  Shitty 

It's frustrating. I had StA died last year. Now, finally my neighbors Bermuda has begun to take over.  And I'm letting. I have small gulleys in parts of my yard were the rain just washed everything away.  I still manage to nearly break my ankle stepping in the when I mow.  It's hard for my kids to play in spots on the backyard without tripping. It's been a perfect storm of suck.

Next spring I'm going to buy a load of sand and try to level it out the best I can.  

It’s rained so much that the soil underneath the sod washed out.  Now the sod is sitting on top of the clay.  Shitty 
Oh man, Trey, I’m so sorry to hear that.  
Could you MacGyver up some kind of soil retention barrier like they do in other places where Monsoons  take away the topsoil?
IMG_2778.webp.489a3cc38c1bb79ea456ca92d7543831.webp
Like every 10 or 20 feet across your yard you pound in some of this plastic edging stuff into the clay so that the replaced topsoil can’t wash out underneath the entire lawn - but is stopped multiple times by a barrier preventing the topsoil from washing down a hill?  
IMG_2779.jpeg.23a4a059fccc81a9a614505f0025fab3.jpeg
I’m about 300 yards from the Mississippi river and if you go down about 4-6 inches in my yard, you hit a layer of dense clay.   I use a lot of that border crap so I don’t lose more top soil than I do every year.   Best of luck.

edit: to be clear I’m not talking about terracing, I’m talking about trying to use something that would stop the flow of topsoil under your sod down a hill when it rains
  • Like 1