2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

8 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Ironically, I looked at the forecast last night and rolled the dice... turned off the irrigation system.  Usually it bites me in the ass... this time we got a great soaking.  Time to play the lottery.

Exactly. Told a friend today to get tickets. it rained on his birthday!

Only reason I did was will be on the road. I keep the vegetable garden watered and all my tropical potted plants, but fuck grass during a drought.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Exactly. Told a friend today to get tickets. it rained on his birthday!

Only reason I did was will be on the road. I keep the vegetable garden watered and all my tropical potted plants, but fuck grass during a drought.

Technically you are not in a drought. Your area is abnormally dry….like your mom.

IMG_1872.jpeg

Edited by Hate

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

The way the sage bushes are blooming I’d say we’re gonna get some good rain. Just drove around town and they are thick with purple.

If there were bike riders around those bushes, would they be riders of the purple sage?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If there were bike riders around those bushes, would they be riders of the purple sage?

I understood that reference.gif

Currently reading Bill Bryson’s book 1927 and he devoted a chapter to the most successful writers in the early 1900s and it was interesting to see that none of the ones we associate with that era now (Fitzgerald, Hemingway, etc) were even close to best sellers at the time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I understood that reference.gif

Currently reading Bill Bryson’s book 1927 and he devoted a chapter to the most successful writers in the early 1900s and it was interesting to see that none of the ones we associate with that era now (Fitzgerald, Hemingway, etc) were even close to best sellers at the time. 

Cool. What does that have to do with the rain? 

• Haha 1

There's a Riders on the Storm reference in here somewhere if Jim Morrison has the courage to kill himself again.  

Wednesday will barely top 80 I bet.  Gonna be muggy as fuck, but this is awesome for late July.  Obviously we will all pay dearly in September.  PSA:  dump all the standing water in a week's time.  Mosquitoes started out slowly this season but they are fucking pissed.  

2 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

When is it suppose to rain?

Sunday forecast:

• Everything up to 2pm:  Clear skies
  • 2pm - 5pm: Fucking downpour and lots of lightning when my son has some Pokemon Go event that he wants to walk around for
  • 5pm and after: Clear skies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

thank you squish.  Near-in SW austin.  air is getting stiller, barometric pressure is dropping every-so-slightly, and humidity ticking.  Clouds are about the same but coloring is changing.  I figured this for later tonight, not mid-afternoon.  Intermittent gusts suggest it is speeding up 

any word on hail on this deal?  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

any word on hail on this deal?  

why you thinking about becomming a roofer?

getting thunder, semi steady wet things from the sky for the last 45 mins or so in 78757

not huge amounts but enough to see sitting water in tiny little pools in multiple places in the yard

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

thank you squish.  Near-in SW austin.  air is getting stiller, barometric pressure is dropping every-so-slightly, and humidity ticking.  Clouds are about the same but coloring is changing.  I figured this for later tonight, not mid-afternoon. 

Don't know about your particular neighborhood, but we're already at 0.72" near 360/2222.  Don't quit your day job(s).

• Like 1

I like roofing.  I don't mind the asbestos.  I put mustard on it, I eat the fuckin' shit.  

We're near 2244/1, coming up on .8" already.  Radar shows forcefield kicking in about 90 minutes though despite that massive deep orange/red wave coming from the NXNW. 

This is the first of many that could come through the Hill Country this week.  It sure would be nice to get a few more + feet to go into the last bit of summer.  There could also be more tropical trouble in August or early September.