2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sunday forecast:

• Everything up to 2pm:  Clear skies
  • 2pm - 5pm: Fucking downpour and lots of lightning when my son has some Pokemon Go event that he wants to walk around for
  • 5pm and after: Clear skies

image.gif.c53c08f6b042d90cf257a2d2ab0f77a8.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If it going to miss, better that it misses west rather than east.

True. But all the rain went into the Buchanan watershed while very little fell in the Travis watershed. Forecast went from 1.5 inches this morning down to about a quarter of an inch for Austin. Although it looks like another round is supposed to come later tonight, so fingers crossed...

Forcefield activated strong just now.  Clouds were darkening, pressure dropping, and wind getting weird.  

Now sun is out, humid as balls, and just a steady 5mph breeze.  tomorrow looking like a similar fate.  

I'm happy we get 2" between now and Saturday as modeled.  But shit, we got 2" in 90 minutes last Thursday.  
Overall, hadn't been a bad July like last few years.  But we ain't even at the turn for the back half of Summer yet for another two weeks.

So our sewage line apparently busted and clogged up late last night and can only be cleared through the clear out line from the roof which of course the plumber won't do because it's the only rain that we've ever had in Texas in late July. It's officially never going to stop raining, so I hope y'all are happy with my sacrifice.

I haven't gotten a drop. Watching a nice lightning show as it passes over wilcox's house on the other side of town. 
Highest our pool has ever been near 46 and 281. 2 hours of a gully washer.

Edit: 2 cars trapped in high water on 46 east if 281.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

not gonna bitch too much. We've gotten plenty of rain - my grass is lush... just annoying watching a storm pass by my hood like 2 miles away and not a drop. 

We needed it this time, so go play with the soggy grass....  :)

Absolute prodigious amounts of rainfall along the upper Llano River watershed, with Johnson Fork of the Llano now running at 28K cfs.  And it is still coming down out there, all along the Llano.  We're going to see some wild streamflows along that river by the end of the day heading down to Lake LBJ.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

It is accurate. I saw some photos posted on FB from the sheriff showing the Johnson Fork. Holy shit it is high. Pretty sure I cant get to my ranch if I wanted to and it looks like we are at 10+ inches of rain in 48 hours out there.  Crazy turn of events.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, hornbri said:

If that gate on the llano is accurate that should be a good injection into Travis in the next 24 hours. 

image.jpeg

Yeah--it's now up over 60k cfs, and there's no sign that the rain is going to stop over the next couple hours.  For the moment, it looks like it may be intensifying a bit right there over Rocksprings.

39 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--it's now up over 60k cfs, and there's no sign that the rain is going to stop over the next couple hours.  For the moment, it looks like it may be intensifying a bit right there over Rocksprings.

It peaked at 62k. Coming down now. Great plug of water for Travis though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1