2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, hornian said:

I'm not on twitter anymore, but my boy Avery also posts on FB which I am still on for some reason. 

Fuck him and his doomsday prediction for this summer that I said from the jump was complete and utter shit.  

4 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Looks like the world's about to end outside my office window. Was planning to grab lunch off campus today, but may reconsider if it starts storming as hard as it looks like it's getting ready to.

Well, did it rain or what?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

So rain decided to wash the cow shit smell out west and say fuck the rest of Texas?

I'm out in my hometown at my deceased parents' house and just drove my sister over to the Midland airport for her flight back to Denver. The one-hour drive back from the airport took almost two.

The rain is pretty heavy and constant. It's been coming down almost constantly for the past several hours on top of heavy rains earlier this weekend. So, the flooding is starting to get close to biblical over in Midland-Odessa because it's so flat and there's nowhere for the water to go.

At least here, it's fairly hilly but the creek you have to pass over with a small bridge to get into the neighborhood where I grew up looks like it's getting full and might soon top the road. So far as I know, that kind of flooding hasn't happened here since the mid-1980s when I was starting high school, and Clifford Antone organized a flood-relief concert for the community featuring Stevie Ray Vaughan, Willie Nelson, and the Fabulous Thunderbirds from the local federal prison where he was serving out his sentence.

Edit: Just found the poster for that event.

WILLIEComTrailMAR87WC.jpg

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Got drenched at my kids soccer practice in SW NB. Called my wife on the way home... "nope it's sunny here" ... like 5 miles away. 

Maybe you shoudl wash your car. Water the lawn overnight. Plan to go to the river tomorrow.

Don't feel bad, we got nothing north of you.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

We had a three day weekend with the kids home, so of course it will rain hard tomorrow around 7:30am, and then around 3pm.

If you complain about it we will find you.

• Haha 1