2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

This is really gonna hurt.  Like getting your heart cut out... with a SPOON.

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why a spoon?  Why not an axe?

Because it’s hard as shit to cut out a heart with a fucking spoon, given the cartilage and bone you have to go through.  Not even a grapefruit spoon helps much.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Because it’s hard as shit to cut out a heart with a fucking spoon, given the cartilage and bone you have to go through.  Not even a grapefruit spoon helps much.

I believe the answer is was looking for was "Because it's dull, you twit, it will hurt more."

ea6ec5eb-efa9-4f97-beed-4fd89acdebf9_tex

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

75.4 degrees. Steady rain. nap time.

Meth man, I am telling you. We can smell it in San Marcos when the wind is right.

You don't need to tell me, the dude that lives at the corner down the street stays up 24/7 making SeaDoos into 4 wheel land vehicles.  Saw him out there a few weeks ago at 3am with his blowtorch goin' full tilt.

A few months ago, on Nextdoor Canyon Lake, was a story about how some meth-head stole somebody's golf cart and the Comal Co PoPo had to pit him into a ditch to get 'em to stop.

I'm crapping you negative.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cajun said:

You don't need to tell me, the dude that lives at the corner down the street stays up 24/7 making SeaDoos into 4 wheel land vehicles.  Saw him out there a few weeks ago at 3am with his blowtorch goin' full tilt.

A few months ago, on Nextdoor Canyon Lake, was a story about how some meth-head stole somebody's golf cart and the Comal Co PoPo had to pit him into a ditch to get 'em to stop.

Dad?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

KXAN is saying it should rain at my house for at least the next 6 hours.

We are laughing.

It’s rained since 3:00pm at ours. Still raining now.

15 minutes ago, Updawg said:

This just keeps coming to sw austin.

And central.  It’s died down for a bit here and then, even stopped briefly, but picks back up.  Right now is probably the heaviest it’s been. Unfortunately will probably be over soon I’d the radar is right.

13 hours ago, Cajun said:

These posts are…troublesome.   We’ve been keeping it as a “maybe” area so we can gtfo of Houston. How tf is a bunch of ~1m homes filled with methy OU lineage?

@fattyflattieDo not despair FF, it's really not an issue.  Are there the methy types around?  Yup.  Are they really a big problem?  Nope.  I moved here from SA about 2 yrs ago and haven't had one issue with crime since the move.  Nothing.  During the last 2 yrs I lived in SA (Alamo Fucking Heights for that matter) I had 4 break-ins and had tens of thousands of dollars of stuff stolen.

There are shitloads of Comal Co Sheriff's deputies all over the place 24/7 here.  Many live in whatever neighborhood you'd be bound to buy in.  To get from Startzville to my house (about a 2 mile drive), you see 5 cruisers parked in driveways and that's not even mentioning the undercover 5-0 that live all around the lake.  Get busted in Comal Co and you've got problems.  That's all I'll say to avoid CR'ing this thing up.  On top of the 5-0 factor you have a ton of retired military here.  Sheeeeiiiiit, Fort Sam Houston out of SA has their own resort on Canyon Lake just reserved for them.  The lake was created by the Army Corps of Engineers and is still controlled by them.   A lot of those folks are also acting or former LEOs and even if they're not, they are watchful, vigilant, and not to be trifled with and the Joe Dirt types seem to understand that (with the occasional humorous exception).

Like most any lake there are some areas of missing teeth and tank top types, but I used to see just as many up Lake Travis and LBJ way.  Just like those spots, they are held in check here.  It's not a big thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Dad?

Nah, that's my old neighbor in Houston. If he wasn't working on a lawnmower at 2 am, he was playing the goddamn drums or getting in yelling matches with his gf about dildos while they threw N-bombs back and forth (they were white).

• Haha 3