USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

51 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Substitutes: 18-Ethan Horvath, 25-Sean Johnson, 2-Cameron Carter-Vickers, 4-Tyler Adams, 6-Yunus Musah, 9-Ricardo Pepi, 11-Brenden Aaronson, 12-Miles Robinson, 14-Luca de la Torre, 16-Shaq Moore, 17-Malik Tillman, 19-Haji Wright, 23-Kristoffer Lund, 24-Mark McKenzie, 26-Timmy Tillman

On 5/20/2024 at 3:25 PM, alincoln said:

Auston Trusty for sure instead of Robinson.

i haven't had time to pay attention to our guys individually this season but i do know he played all but 5 or 6 games this season - albeit for the worst team in the prem - but this guy is a potential gooch or brooks and it just pissess me off to no end that he's not even on the fucking squad!

FUCK YOU GERGGGGGGG

and speaking of brooks, checking in on hoffenheim, he played 1500 minutes for a solid mid-table bundesliga side and at age 31 should absolutely be the "veteran guy" (who scored in a fucking world cup!) instead of .....  checks the lineup again just to be sure ....  FUCKING 36-YEAR-OLD TIM FUCKING REAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WE'RE NOT STARTING A 38-YEAR-OLD AT ANY POSITION IN A WORLD CUP!

just shoot me now

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Antonee Robinson showing his defensive third defending prowess. 
🙄

He has speed going forward, but he is scary in the defensive third (or really “defensive first quarter”) and he is a crapshoot when it comes to the final offensive quarter.

EDIT; Jedi has actually had two good crosses so far. Perhaps his offense is as steady as his defending is nerve-wracking!

Edited by Napoleon

10 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

It’s gotta be at least 70% yellow (checks notes) in the nations capital 

federation dna:

schedule friendlies against central and south american opposition AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to those populations, and do nothing to promote grass-roots local (US) distribution

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

40 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it was on a wednesday afternoon, and the dipshits living below my apartment called the cops because of my celebration over the own goal

You know who they called in Colombia for that own goal?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

While the goal allows sucked, they look better going forward, much quicker and direct less pass pas pass pass pass pass pass pass pass cross to nobody. 

Are they?  I've been mostly ambivalent to Beerholder, but my biggest complaint is that his teams will go HUGE chunks of time without a chance on goal.  If you look at the last round of qualification, we had games with very few shots on goal.

Oh good.  2-0.  Well done guys.

Just now, RamjetFDO said:

So this summer is going to suck. Does that clear Gergg out of here?

Maybe a total flameout will get his ass out.

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

That was a gorgeous goal.
But holy shit our defense is horribad. Stupid mistakes, not able to get clearances.
And our attack ain’t much better.
Goddamn, this is bad.

And "bad" at a a time when the US has some serious international equity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Are they?  I've been mostly ambivalent to Beerholder, but my biggest complaint is that his teams will go HUGE chunks of time without a chance on goal.  If you look at the last round of qualification, we had games with very few shots on goal.

not happening

the cabal doesn't care about winning

they only care about making money - and the players and supporters are blind to it - especially the mls fanbases who think the are watching actual competition

• Hook 'Em 3

euronats minutes in highest divisions this season: https://tinyurl.com/4jumw4s3

#5 on the list: Lennard Maloney, FC Heidenheim, ami, already captied, bundesliga: 27 starts / 29 appearances, AGE FUCKING ONLY TWENTY FUCKING FOUR, and riding the karma wave of a promoted side playing in the smallest stadium in it's league, written off for cannon fodder in it's first year up ever, that turntables and makes the europa conference league play-in

how is this guy not in camp?

mother of god

• Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

ream is so good. 

Except for when he passed it straight to a Colombian who then spazzed and kicked it right back to us, Ream is usually a steadying influence.

Colombia has been in our 3rd for about 5 total minutes, but has 2 goals.  We don't have a shot on goal other than the fluke header.  Again, this is my concern about Beerholder.  If we were getting outshot by Colombia I wouldn't be too concerned, but once again, nothing positive going forward.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

22 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

This is Gregg Ball - possession for the sake of possession. Completely aimless passing with no real attack. If that sounds like Austin FC, guess who Wolfe learned under?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Colombia has been in our 3rd for about 5 total minutes, but has 2 goals.  We don't have a shot on goal other than the fluke header.  Again, this is my concern about Beerholder.  If we were getting outshot by Colombia I wouldn't be too concerned, but once again, nothing positive going forward.

Almost a carbon copy of the Netherlands game. Greg probably going to say we were the better team in postgame. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Johnny has looked pretty good. 

I give him a pass on the play where Scally knocked him away from the headed challenge before the second goal. 

Pulisic & Gio have looked fine, but basically the team looks like it should be losing 2-0.

(And we just nearly gave up #3.)