USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Prediction: Colombia’s #20 is getting a goal today. 

Well, #20 for the assist on the 4th goal. 

Maybe that’s as close as he will come. 

EDIT: And the 5th goal.

😂

Edited by Napoleon

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This team is perhaps the worst USMNT team I’ve ever seen.
We’re going to get sodomized in the Copa, and we’re shitty enough that we’ll enjoy having our rectum ripped.

It's certainly the worst coached team we've put forth. We've taken a step back since the World Cup - and we weren't good then.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

We will not win a match in the Copa... We may not even score a goal.

and what’s truly fucked up is that this is the best case scenario. we *need* our boys to get their teeth kicked in lest we trot out this garbage for our own world cup. so asinine to be in this position. there’s nothing quite like the feeling of needing your own team to get obliterated in important games, knowing that otherwise the program will only continue to slowly die until there’s total upheaval. gregg has to have his KU loss or his Abilene Christian debacle or nothing will change. we have to root for that now. the USSF has been fucking the fans for too long. i hope we lose 0-20 on aggregate in the Copa.

Edited by definitely not derka
  • Like 1

This is really embarrassing. 

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

i used to think the large us companies that are the top global sponsors of soccer would eventually demand accountability from the federation

nah

We need a Mercury Project, but for soccer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

And just this week younger USMNT “stans” were laughing that anyone would consider the 2002 USMNT better than the 2024 squad.

Who’s laughing now, dumbasses?

😂

Anyone that doesn't think we are fielding the greatest team in the world and that Gregg isn't the greatest manager that soccer has seen is being too negative.

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Gregg isn't a 1/10th the coach that BJ is.

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

We’re not a real federation with this MLS u-13 club head coach

That's an insult to MLS U-13 coaches.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

greatest federation fuckup since the 09 orocopa final at the swamp - and this time with top flight european talent

paging cindy parlow cone - you fucking gutless bitch - whether or not it was your decision - it's your title - you own it - step down or fire yourself - or fire gergg and call juergen

it's like driving TOWARDS the greatest cloud cover in the path of your once-in-a-lifetime shot at eclipse totality

we are hosting a goddamn world cup - you get the chance once every 40-to-50 years - and we're going with a guy whose dutch opponent said "our strategy was just to wait for them to fuck up"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Anyone that doesn't think we are fielding the greatest team in the world and that Gregg isn't the greatest manager that soccer has seen is being too negative.

It looks like Gregg Henson from the Happy Fun Ball Show is coaching this team. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Nestor Lorenzo, Colombia's manager, is an Argentine. @Napoleon bring him to the US!

I’ve always said: “When in doubt, sign an Argentine attacking player. And if you can’t do that, sign an Argentine manager.”

I will talk to people, but the stupid belief that the national team manager MUST speak English is fucking ridiculous!

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

image.jpeg.1d5c1a7fcd9d5744f1d83f7b04e7308c.jpeg

Morocco didn’t have their full team AND they had only been in the US about 2 days after a long travel day.

Jet lag and a less-than-full roster was our friend. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Morocco didn’t have their full team AND they had only been in the US about 2 days after a long travel day.

Jet lag and a less-than-full roster was our friend. 

All that and none of it was an excuse - they still fired their coach.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I was looking for a way to send the federation a nicely worded email and found a page that was for "reporting a concern" which seemed to be specifically if you knew a kid was getting diddled by a  coach or something. I was going to send them a report that Gregg was seen maniacally raping America's soccer future, but I got distracted for a bit. The page is now down, which tells me others had the same  idea, lulz. Fucking pussies.

https://www.ussoccer.com/report-a-concern

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Playing is a bit of a stretch, at least for Gio and Turner. 

And a coach who was fired from a second tier Swedish club for his “lack of attacking play.”

USMNT 24-26: The Wasted Years

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

25 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

And a coach who was fired from a second tier Swedish club for his “lack of attacking play.”

USMNT 24-26: The Wasted Years

More like 20-26. I think  We had a chance to do something special in 2022 both in results and frankly getting that young team some experience. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Look, I have never been a GGG fan, but he did some good things in building a young roster coming off 2018. I think he deserves credit for that. 2022 was an adequate result, but we all felt it could have been better. 

In no way, shape, or form did he do enough to get an extension. And then add to the fact he went out of his way and stated the Gio drama in the press, it was such a no-brainer to move on. It was so obvious this was going to happen. It's almost like we did this before with Arena, Bradley, and Klinsman. Nobody should get a 2nd cycle unless they achieve amazing results--and even then it usually doesn't work out. 

I'm going to Copa America and I'm going to cheer my ass off, but damn if it isn't always going to be in the back of my mind if it wouldn't be better for us to get run out of the tournament to get a real coach before 2026. 

If anyone is in town got the Bolivia game our supporter group barra 76 is hosting some shit

Saturday June 22nd-
1pm lunch meet up at Hutchins BBQ 
Hutchins 
1301 N Tennessee St, 
McKinney, TX 75069
Afterwards we will head over to Tupps Brewery 
402 E Louisiana St, 
McKinney, TX 75069

At 7:30pm
Night before Party at Green Door
Green Door Public House
600 S Harwood St, 
Dallas, TX 75201
We will chill and meet everyone and around 9:30 this place gets wild with djand what not.  Texas trap and cumbiss all night

Sunday June 23rd
Tailgate is lot 11.  We want to get there as early as 12/1pm to set up
We will be on the corner of Collins and Cowboys Way
After the game we will head back to the tailgate to hang then head over to Texas Live for those that still want to hang out 
Texas Live
1650 E Randol Mill Rd, 
Arlington, TX 76011

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Look, I have never been a GGG fan, but he did some good things in building a young roster coming off 2018. I think he deserves credit for that. 2022 was an adequate result, but we all felt it could have been better. 

In no way, shape, or form did he do enough to get an extension. And then add to the fact he went out of his way and stated the Gio drama in the press, it was such a no-brainer to move on. It was so obvious this was going to happen. It's almost like we did this before with Arena, Bradley, and Klinsman. Nobody should get a 2nd cycle unless they achieve amazing results--and even then it usually doesn't work out. 

I'm going to Copa America and I'm going to cheer my ass off, but damn if it isn't always going to be in the back of my mind if it wouldn't be better for us to get run out of the tournament to get a real coach before 2026. 

Nah, fuck all that.

Did he birth all these players? No.

The 2022 team was going to happen with or Gregg. And the results would be better without him.