USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

If we draw I don't see any way he gets fired

Not advancing out of the group stage with THIS team as host of Copa America would be the biggest embarrassment in modern USMNT history. Worse than losing to Iran in the 1998 World Cup and not qualifying in 2018. We’re not serious about being a power in this sport if we don’t make a change.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

How so? How do we expect to compete in the world cup if we cant get out of a group with the likes of Bolivia, Panama, and Uruguay (actually decent). 

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I would ask why? When you know you basically had to win and you can't get that done in a game/tournament as high profile as this one, you gotta get the done.

He'll be able to say he would have advanced if not for Weah's dumbass red card and that will be enough for a fed that doesn't want to fire him

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Not advancing out of the group stage with THIS team as host of Copa America would be the biggest embarrassment in modern USMNT history. Worse than losing to Iran in the 1998 World Cup and not qualifying in 2018.

I'd still rate missing the WC as worse, but if this golden generation can't get 6 points from Panama and Bolivia, then it's hard to feel like we've made any progress in my lifetime, and I'm getting fucking old.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1