USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

Just now, alincoln said:

SK also worked us and Germany were shit in 2002 and just rode a fortunate draw to the final.  Look at their results. Everything fell for us in 2002 and Friedel was insanely good.  Saved 2 PKs.

When you are making excuses for a world cup runner up and saying that Ollie Kahn and Michael Ballack Germany were shit, you have lost the plot. Good God

• Haha 1

Just now, dieucla98 said:

Woah, just noticed the lead ref didn't shake CPs hand. Not entirely sure CP offered but he definitely shook the hands of the refs on either side. 

CP was yelling and pointing at him before heading back over to them.  i was wondering what was happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, alincoln said:

Look at the performances dipshit.  Were you even around back then?  

Makes me think you were not. That Germany team was stacked. I got up at 3 AM to watch the fucking game. Stop discounting the work that 2002 US team did as "flukey" or whatever. You are what your record says you are. They made the deepest run in USA history, they are the gold standard until someone matches/beats their mark. Period.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So you think Pulisic has great international results? Everyone anoints him the chosen one and puts him on billboards with Mbappe and Messi. But what has he really done to earn that? Not much. 

I think "his" results been severely hamstrung by his coach. 

What the fuck do billboards have to do with this?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Makes me think you were not. That Germany team was stacked. I got up at 3 AM to watch the fucking game. Stop discounting the work that 2002 US team did as "flukey" or whatever. You are what your record says you are. They made the deepest run in USA history, they are the gold standard until someone matches/beats their mark. Period.

And now your ridiculous stance all makes sense. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

ballack and kahn were god level in 02.  that german team was wow. and we gave em a game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Great, hope he steps it the fuck up with his new coach and proves me wrong. Not like Arena and Bradley were excellent coaches either. 

I would take Bradley over this clown 100x over. 

Arena.... Meh.... 

No no, @dieucla98 said they were dogshit and got a lucky draw to the world cup final. You are completely wrong. 

Did I?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CurlyDumps said:

Hopefully this image gets him fired. Not since Frank Beamer has anyone been so excited to score zero.

20240701_203128.jpg

This was so bad on so many levels. So he was trying to hype up his team that Panama just got scored on... which would make them think a draw is good enough. When they should've already been playing to win. Informing them of the score could literally only backfire. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

This could have been a program defining win for the US and Gerg absolutely shit the bed as a coach.  He has to go.

To be fair, Gregg's had this chance how many times? A LOT. And never won.

In the World Cup we played Wales, England, and the Netherlands - drew 2, lost 1.

Dude can not get it done. We've got the receipts.

• Hook 'Em 4

A lot of bitching about GGG (from me, I know) but fuck, what happened to our goalie pipeline? Keller to Howard to Steffen V1 to Steffen Vshit to a guy that kicks a ball (ya know, a key skill in soccer) about as well as a skinny gorilla can.... And next up is a guy that is better at dodge ball than stop the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Paraguay, USA, SK

Unquestionably the easiest path to the final in  World Cup history and all 1-0 wins.  

Was unaware style points mattered when making your way through a series of knockout wins in the world cup. 

2010 World Cup champion Spain is going to be awfully disappointed when they find out that their series of 1-0 wins in the R16, QF, SF, and F all dont count because @alincoln didn't think they won convincingly enough. 

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

Fuck all these pundits like Lalas who are just now jumping on the GGG out bandwagon 

It is good they are jumping on though. That is a sign that the winds are finally changing. He is done. 

1 minute ago, dieucla98 said:

A lot of bitching about GGG (from me, I know) but fuck, what happened to our goalie pipeline? Keller to Howard to Steffen V1 to Steffen Vshit to a guy that kicks a ball (ya know, a key skill in soccer) about as well as a skinny gorilla can.... And next up is a guy that is better at dodge ball than stop the ball. 

Turner is a servicable keeper.  He's not the problem.  We are tactically poor, can't mount a cohesive attack, and are generally poor at adapting to a match.   That's not the keeper.  Thats the coach.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Turner is a servicable keeper.  He's not the problem.  We are tactically poor, can't mount a cohesive attack, and are generally poor at adapting to a match.   That's not the keeper.  Thats the coach.

I agree on all points. It's just... Sad? That we went from two world class keepers to Matt Turner. 

22 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

When you are making excuses for a world cup runner up and saying that Ollie Kahn and Michael Ballack Germany were shit, you have lost the plot. Good God

While you are sitting here throating Gergg.  Fucking Gergg.  Gergg with three G’s.  Gargle gargle bitch.  

Just now, dieucla98 said:

I agree on all points. It's just... Sad? That we went from two world class keepers to Matt Turner. 

There's talent behind him.  Goalkeeping for the US is the wide receiver room at Texas.  Keeper isn't the issue.  Everyone on the US team performs at a club level.  This is squarely on Berhalter.  It has been for years.  Now that his fucking brother isn't the CEO of US Soccer he should be done.