USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

Man, salute to Tim Ream! After the first couple dozen or so caps he had for the US, I remember thinking, "Don't need to see anything more from him!"

But he continued to work on his game, went overseas, and distinguished himself for club and country. He's leaving some big shoes to fill, and that's sad because we've had ample time to develop replacement center halves.

And we better fucking fill those shoes because he's going to be close to 38 by the next Cup.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Man, salute to Tim Ream! After the first couple dozen or so caps he had for the US, I remember thinking, "Don't need to see anything more from him!"

But he continued to work on his game, went overseas, and distinguished himself for club and country. He's leaving some big shoes to fill, and that's sad because we've had ample time to develop replacement center halves.

And we better fucking fill those shoes because he's going to be close to 38 by the next Cup.

Ream sucked early on because they always played him at Left Back even though he had already started playing CB in England by around the age of 26.

Fuck our coaches since Klinsmann was fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Wasn't Tuchel partly responsible for Pulisic's lack of playing time at Chelsea? I know Christian was on-again, off-again hurt, but I thought Tuchel didn't favor him. If true, then he's too stupid for the job. If that's been blown out of proportion and they have respect for one another, then by all means, interview away ...

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Wasn't Tuchel partly responsible for Pulisic's lack of playing time at Chelsea? I know Christian was on-again, off-again hurt, but I thought Tuchel didn't favor him. If true, then he's too stupid for the job. If that's been blown out of proportion and they have respect for one another, then by all means, interview away ...

Tuchel at least could argue that there were players at Chelsea that deserved to start ahread of Pulisic. He can't put anyone ahead of him on the US squad.

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

I was hoping that Tanner would go to Florence.

I am kind of over Weston McKinnie. I am ready for him to make a big money transfer to the MLS and then turn into a blob that doesn’t make the final 2026 squad.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I was hoping that Tanner would go to Florence.

I am kind of over Weston McKinnie. I am ready for him to make a big money transfer to the MLS and then turn into a blob that doesn’t make the final 2026 squad.

One second after retiring from the sport, Weston is going to instantly gain 93 pounds.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Have to hope Gaga pans out.

In the meantime, we could honestly do worse than Turner. He gives us a decent floor.

Turner needs to go somewhere he is going to play, even if that means MLS. He is not the same keeper he was in the WC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Fat Boy may be staying out.

Juventus manager Thiago Motta hints at Weston McKennie stay

• Reuters
Aug 18, 2024, 09:28 AM ET

Juventus begin their Serie A season with a limited number of players available and considerable work to do in the transfer market, manager Thiago Motta said on Sunday, adding that United States international Weston McKennie, who looked to be on his way out of the club, could now return to the fold.

Four seasons without a league title after winning nine in a row forced Juventus into major changes, with Motta replacing Massimiliano Allegri as coach, but they have yet to bring in the players required to challenge for the Scudetto.

Motta goes into Monday's opening home game against promoted Como with his squad still a work in progress but said he appreciates what the USMNT midfielder brings to his squad.

"First of all, McKennie is a useful and functional player for our needs," Motta told a news conference.

"Tomorrow we have 19 players to face the game, only 11 can play. I have the possibility to make five substitutions, no more.

"We are in good shape, had good preparation, good training this week, with intensity, everything we want to see, and ready to face tomorrow's game."

McKennie, 25, looked set to leave Juventus this summer but sources told ESPN earlier this week that he held talks with Motta and rebuilt the relationship ahead of Monday's game.

image.thumb.jpeg.d35c29ead3374f7eb848e7fd3cacbfc3.jpeg

The former Leeds United player was left out of Juventus' squad for their final two preseason matches against Brest and Atlético Madrid along with Federico Chiesa and the since-departed Wojciech Szczęsny.

Juventus, heavily linked with the likes of Atalantamidfielder Teun Koopmeiners and Fiorentina winger Nicolas Gonzalez among others, have failed to bring in players targeted at the end of last season.

Defender Riccardo Calafiori went to Arsenal and Dutch striker Joshua Zirkzee, who played under Motta at Bologna, signed for Manchester United. They also need to offload forward Chiesa, who does not fit into Motta's plans.

"We are working hard to build a competitive squad together and today we are focused on playing a great game against Como. We will see the rest later," Motta said.

"The most important thing is that, even if you don't like to talk too much about the game, even though tomorrow we play a game, we are focused on playing well, doing our job well and getting the result we want, against Como.

"All the players who come tomorrow deserve to be there, whether they play from the start or come in during the game, they do so on merit."

Motta, who took Bologna to fifth place and Champions League football last season, will not be taking Como lightly as he looks to get his Juventus career off to the perfect start.

"Life is like football, nothing is taken for granted, we have to deserve it and we have to focus on ourselves and on tomorrow's game," he said.

"We are facing a team that has made it here from Serie B, they have won many games to get to this point, they have a lot of enthusiasm."
https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40904774/juventus-manager-thiago-motta-hints-weston-mckennie-stay-transfer-window

Edited by Napoleon

16 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Lulz.  Right about the time where we finally find some finishing and offense, we lose the ability to defend and have no reliable goalkeeper.

Take a deep breath. We have a real manager now.

28 minutes ago, dogbreath said:

Looks like Tessman fucked up and is not currently playing. Did his agents demand too much for the transfer to fiortina?
https://prosoccerwire.usatoday.com/2024/08/15/tessmann-out-of-project-venezia-usmnt/

Oh no not Tanner Tessman. What will we do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, dogbreath said:

Looks like Tessman fucked up and is not currently playing. Did his agents demand too much for the transfer to fiortina?
https://prosoccerwire.usatoday.com/2024/08/15/tessmann-out-of-project-venezia-usmnt/

He’s fine. 

The team is acting pissy because if he doesn’t move this summer, he will leave for free next summer.

If they freeze him out, then he and his wife eat at every trattoria in the greater Venice area while he trains alone and makes the same wage he would if he were playing before he leaves and gets a nice signing bonus because the team he signs with won’t have to pay a transfer fee.

The USMNT can call him in during each window so that he stays fit and keeps his morale up and then he has a year to kick butt and try to make the team.

Perhaps he works on taking set pieces in his spare time. 

While not ideal, this isn’t the first time a team has pulled this move. 

And like always, I say “Fuck ‘’em!”

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Mittens said:

This kid still have a chance to play for USMNT or no?  

Yes? He played in copa. 

Pulisic scored a sitter off of a nice Leao run at the goalie but Milan loses 2-1. Not a great start to the season for the Rossoneri.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yes? He played in copa. 

Pulisic scored a sitter off of a nice Leao run at the goalie but Milan loses 2-1. Not a great start to the season for the Rossoneri.

This match was on regular TV (Channel 21) in the Dallas/FW area. No Paramount+ needed. (No cable/streaming needed actually.)

I recorded it to o watch later. I will still watch it even if their destiny is already written.