USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

18 hours ago, Derka said:

we’ve had plenty of reasons to have longer, more strenuous training sessions over the past 14 years. we missed out on a world cup for christ’s sake. we got punked by a bunch of mid tier concacaf teams. the idea that a two hour training session is something we’ve never done before is wild.

not wild at all

fantastic to see

2 hours ago, Mittens said:

Never want to complain about getting national games in your own town, but this was terrible scheduling by USMNT.  That stadium is going to look brutal on tv tomorrow.

Doubt it. The kickoff is well after the final whistle in Dallas.

In addition, there are hundreds of thousands of sports fans in Central Texas with zero affiliation to the University of Texas.

It may not be a sellout, but my friend with 4 season tickets went to Tulane and then Colorado before going to SMU for law school.

Bigger issue will be ACL.

Still think that the stadium will be over half full. 

A weekend in October is always going to go up against college football & the NFL. They will be fine.

3 hours ago, Mittens said:

Never want to complain about getting national games in your own town, but this was terrible scheduling by USMNT.  That stadium is going to look brutal on tv tomorrow.

zero-situational-awareness-scheduling has been a federation staple since the '89 renaissance

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’ve seen more tonight that I saw in the entire tenure of Gregg. Adjustments, changes, dynamic play. I know we don’t have a “golden generation” but damn this team has talent that should have done far more than we ever did under that shit head. CHRIST they just showed Pepi’s goal- after the free kick, 3 touches and the shot. You never would have seen that under Gregg. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We just aren’t clinical.   The one thing I’ve always thought we could do is play a mid block press and fast break.   We had several this match.  I’m looking forward to a few windows from now when we are more healthy and the players better have a grasp on what MP wants them to do.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

We just aren’t clinical.   The one thing I’ve always thought we could do is play a mid block press and fast break.   We had several this match.  I’m looking forward to a few windows from now when we are more healthy and the players better have a grasp on what MP wants them to do.  

I would say we aren't clinical yet. This is our first match under a real coach. But damn watching everything else you said - it was like these guys got to play with the 20 lbs weights Gregg shackled on them finally thrown away. Watching this team play with a confidence and flow, it was beyond refreshing.

You see a guy like Sargent having his run. You see Balogun having his run. It's only a matter of time for us to get clinical with this team.

Until then, we build and we enjoy the process.