USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

Starters or not the back 4 is a fucking mess. We have one consistently good player back there, a guy with a torn ACL and a guy that's 40 years old. The rest ranges from occasionally passable to completely unreliable. 

That's Poch's biggest task imo - figuring something out that works along the back line and getting them playing at a level that doesn't instantly take us out of games. 

I'm going to need to see a lot to be optimistic going into 2026. So many question marks in terms of quality and availability - feels like Antonee and Pulisic are the only two you can reliably count on. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I've seen it. Not that this is encouraging.

I'm concerned that the USSF didn't give enough time for an overhaul. 

But - also - we are seeing the same player pool issues that existed whether or not GGG was in charge. That I've been harping on for years now. 

I think that for his first camps, he wanted to see as many of the healthy regulars as possible. 

Like in NFL training camps vs preseason games or college senior bowl week, the coach was as focused or more focused on the practices than the actual game(s).

I didn’t really give a shit about the Mexico game and apparently our players and our coaching staff didn’t either.

I am more interested in who comes in for the next window that what happened in Mexico. After all, we play Mexico so much that unless there is a trophy on the line, it’s hard to give a fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1