USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

Don’t know if the managing team will call in 30+ players, but there is no reason not to.  

I fucking hated when Berhalter would call in 23-25, and then when someone got hurt, he wouldn’t replace them. God he fucking sucked. 

Pochettino, if he ever signs, is so much stronger than Berhalter and won’t be afraid of competition for being the leader of the locker room. In fact, he supposedly doesn’t even enter the locker room. 

Berhalter was such a fucking worthless hack. 🤬

Chelsea doesn’t want to pay him and his staff the terms from the terminated contract. And if he signs new contract with US or another job they will use that salary as reason to not pay or minimize pay to him/staff.

The American owner of Chelsea needs to pay him for the good of his nation’s team. But Boehly is an internationalist and doesn’t give a fuck. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

I did nazi that coming!

Is he going to see the field?

That's an insane jump in the matter of 14 months.

Is Tyler Adams finally going to retire from the national team? Also, there's no one that Pochettino isn't going to call in a South American midfielder playing for Tottenham. Johnny could be out new permanent #6.

PS- Fabrizio Romano is a douche for spelling his name "Jhonny".

Edited by Napoleon

20 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I did nazi that coming!

Is he going to see the field?

That's an insane jump in the matter of 14 months.

Is Tyler Adams finally going to retire from the national team? Also, there's no one that Pochettino isn't going to call in a South American midfielder playing for Tottenham. Johnny could be out new permanent #6.

PS- Fabrizio Romano is a douche for spelling his name "Jhonny".

He's not joining THFC if I'm reading this correctly, at least not yet. Maybe in the "future". For now, he remains at Betis. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Sept roster dropped. No Jedi and no Weston. 

Makes sense to give Jedi a break. 

Trusty and Fossey are new additions 

As is Kochen. Young gk from Barca who has other choices. Good to get him in and maybe poch can informally talk to these guys. 

not sure why De La Torre is in when he’s been injured and doesn’t figure to be part of the team on celta de vigo. I like the McKennie did not get called in. He plays harder with something to prove. 

• Like 1

Here is that Sept Roster:

DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club/Country; Caps/Goals)

GOALKEEPERS (4): Ethan Horvath (Cardiff City/WAL; 9/0), Diego Kochen (FC Barcelona II/ESP; 0/0), Patrick Schulte (Columbus Crew; 1/0), Matt Turner (Crystal Palace/ENG; 44/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Auston Trusty (Celtic/SCO; 2/0), Marlon Fossey (Standard Liege/BEL; 0/0), Kristoffer Lund (Palermo/ITA; 3/0), Mark McKenzie (Tolouse/FRA; 13/0), Tim Ream (Charlotte FC; 61/1), Chris Richards (Crystal Palace/ENG; 21/1), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 11/0), Caleb Wiley (Strasbourg/FRA; 2/0)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Johnny Cardoso (Real Betis/ESP; 15/0), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 22/0), Aidan Morris (Middlesbrough/ENG; 5/0), Yunus Musah (AC Milan; ITA; 39/0), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 31/8), Malik Tillman (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 12/0)

FORWARDS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United/ENG; 42/8), Folarin Balogun (Monaco/FRA; 15/5), Ricardo Pepi (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 28/10), Christian Pulisic (AC Milan/ITA; 71/30), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 25/5), Haji Wright (Coventry City/ENG; 11/4)

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I was just reminded that we have a friendly at 3 pm after the Texas game.

Two questions:

1. Who the fuck is the manager going to be?

2. Should anyone care about anything that happens in either of these games?

Gonna be hard to care too much given college football.  We also play on TX/OU day IIRC.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

2. Yeah, there are guys getting a shot this go around - so hopefully they make a mark.

I just think until Poch has some time with the team and figures out what he wants to do it isn't very relevant how anyone plays. 

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Are we really going to trot out 39 year-old Tim Ream in '26?  If so, eesh.  If not, then why is he taking up PT during these games?

When you can take. The position from the palm of Tim Ream’s hand, it will be time for him to leave. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Help a non-soccer person out.  But is this the most fucking indirect group of players we've ever had on one team? 

Christ almighty.   

This team is kind of lost right now. 6 years with a brain dead slug as manager didn't prepare then for much. Injuries have taken away our most obvious first team players. And I gotta say, today's lineup .... huh? 3 strikers on the field at once?

image.thumb.png.c26cf4e5c59936cd1ba47c0fc265ba73.png

Poch can't get here soon enough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

With VAR, Pepsi’s goal doesn’t get wiped off. 

The team looked fine, especially with the players that were available.

PEPI 

Fuck my phone for changing it to a soft drink that I never mention!

🤬

PS- Reyna is out a few weeks with a groin pull that he suffered when first arriving to camp.

He must not put in any extra strength and flexibility work if he is getting injured this much.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Pep Guardiola dropping hints he might be interested in the USMNT role if Pocchetino doesn't work out. 

At least that's how I choose to interpret his comments that building up the USA program with its resources is "a very interesting project."

Comments like that make me think Pep would be interested in coming in POST 2026 and running the whole shebang of the USSF. Granted, I didn't see the comments or know the whole context, but that what I am hearing in that 4 word phrase.

On 9/11/2024 at 1:47 PM, Napoleon said:

PEPI 

Fuck my phone for changing it to a soft drink that I never mention!

🤬

PS- Reyna is out a few weeks with a groin pull that he suffered when first arriving to camp.

He must not put in any extra strength and flexibility work if he is getting injured this much.

What the fuck are you talking about. It's Pepsi.

16 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Comments like that make me think Pep would be interested in coming in POST 2026 and running the whole shebang of the USSF. Granted, I didn't see the comments or know the whole context, but that what I am hearing in that 4 word phrase.

Oh for sure I don't think we'd land him because I don't think the guys who run US Soccer would be willing to let Guardiola have full control.