2024 Drunk Thread

Mrs Whiggins

Cleaned out the fridge tonight so a little of this and a little of that and thus dirty Gibsons which go with pretty much errything. Gin was Eden Mill Original Scottish Gin. Two in and Wednesday is almost the weekend.

image.png.29a5ce8831ecb3938118f50d8d479e84.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Had some leftover salmon from another meal so tonight while cooking made a tequila sunrise while making salmon cakes with a dijon mustard sauce, salad, and a mashed carrots. Since the sauce uses white wine, well you know once you've opened the bottle then you've got to finish it off. Nice meal and we are full and feisty.

• Drool 1

Fucking hell. Spouse made Cosmopolitans during dinner prep and then finished with a Pegu Club and I am tipsy. But its Friday so whoooo. Oh, and using the Tanqueray Seville Orange Gin in a Pegu Club is not a bad way to construct the cocktail. But after the Cosmos can't say that my judgement is legit.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Hate said:

I guess most of Surly is already passed out?  I'm getting a little drunk tonight!

Not passed out as much as TMI.

But tonight is one martini followed by some bubbly because we were celebrating and gosh darn it, it's good to be married for a long long time. Nice to have some memories that go back decades. Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 1

Two cocktails on tap for this evening. The first is an Aviation (gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon, and topped with club soda) because I feel rather light while the second is a Spring Collins (gin, lemon, creme de violette, cherry liqueur) because last week was Dame Joan Collins' 91st birthday and she has a great quote:

Even when you win the rat race, you're still a rat...

The people who make Pierre Ferrand Cognac make Citadelle Gin in the off season in order to keep their still going when there are no grapes available to make their cognac. You gin connoisseurs might give it a try. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been way too busy to hang around much, but spouse made The Last Word as our pre-dinner drink and we had a little wine with our pasta (clams with a tomato sauce from our garden). Not a bad Wednesday at all at all.

The Last Word

3/4 ounce gin

3/4 ounce green chartreuse (good luck finding this now, its production has been scaled back--if you locate some, let me know where you found it sil vous plait, we're low)

3/4 ounce maraschino liqueur

3/4 ounce lime juice

garnish with brandied cherry (we used a couple of bing cherries we had on hand)

Shake with ice, strain.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...

My 17 year old daughter is busy being a 17 year old daughter.  Pour me another one, please!

(In all fairness, it could be tons worse.  She's a fantastic kid, but you know, girls gotta girl every once in a while!  And when they do, Old Fashioneds for everybody!)

• Like 2

Been painting my daughter’s old room today. Of course the wife OK’d her to paint an accent wall, prior to moving out 6 months later. Midnight Blue was the selection and I’ve spent all day putting Kilz primmer on that bitch of a wall. Multiple coats cutting in and rolling, just so I can actually paint the room tomorrow.

Wife asked me what I wanted to do after taking a shower and my reply was to pop a top in front of her. “What about dinner?” All I said was get something for yourself and don’t worry about me, as I had another beer in my pocket!

Hook’em!!!

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Got home from rehab this morning absolutely smacked rn. 

Ask Me Anything. 

Had a bad episode health-wise last Thursday that kept me in the hospital over the weekend. No more drunk thread for me. Jumped straight over onto the wagon. Adios my drinking friends. May your health remain well and enjoy them for me.

I started drinking right after work today as I am WFH right now. I got drunk and passed out. My wife woke me up to fill the generator for the night so now I get to get re-drunk!! Hell yes!

I have become a huge fan of Citadelle Jardin D'ete Gin. I fucking love it! I have added lemon juice and other juices to try and create the perfect mixer. I have found that it goes very well with Hibiscus tea. So my favorite mixture now is Hibiscus tea, the juice of fresh squeezed lemons and Ocean's Spray Watermelon Cranberry juice and you mix with Topo Chico. You go ahead and make a big pitcher of the mix sans the Topo and you put it in the fridge and add some fresh mint if you want to be a decadent bitch. The you fill a big glass full of crushed ice and pour a healthy jigger of the gin and add in from your pitcher. Shake or stir this bitch well, then  pour in your Topo to taste. FUCK!   This is the summer fucking drink that will make you and your taste buds soooo happy. Me and 30 Helens agree that this is what summer should taste like. You can get Hibiscus tea in places like some Mexican grocery stores but I just go to Cava and get some there in a 32 ouncer when they aren't looking. What? I am an asshole on a mission!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Hate said:

I'm already drunk on a Friday night. I may be on the road for a few weeks, so I'm soaking as much drunk time as possible.

I'm sitting here about 6 beers deep and a lot of thc just thinking about life and shit.

I've had a weird 20s. Kind of ready to have a career and a family. It's weird how genetically hardwired we all are.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

gotta run the BOAT to the shop, in the morning.  can't seem to not drink, out here

how it started

image.jpeg.1bc8ea1bada4e29f5096035a1c9ab0bc.jpeg

where we are:  whiskey, heb sour crack and onion, raisin bran (being old sucks)

image.png.c25b5a5e7c948f615ea25234d50ddb79.png

where we're going

image.thumb.jpeg.95f2234e99b1229a7fbbbecdd056e4b2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, wd40 said:

gotta run the BOAT to the shop, in the morning.  can't seem to not drink, out here

how it started

where we're going

Beautiful sunset.

7 hours ago, SamsCorner said:

Beautiful sunset.

that was the dregs, after I got back.  I was late getting down to the water, due to a meeting, but by the time I'd paddled out to the middle of the cove, the clouds all over the sky were lit up with various colors.

this is a better sunset shot.  the highlight of a rough night on water (engine quit).

image.thumb.jpeg.56b55eecd7951ff166e6bd615ea1b83a.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/19/2024 at 10:35 PM, wd40 said:

how it started

where we're going

In. I’m going to bed now. I’m drunk.