Texas Football Roster 2024 -- "You never lose a game if the opponent doesn’t score" DKR

LTtxfan

List of Guys in Portal (5/8)   

• S'Maje Burrell            LB
  • Payton Kirkland         OL       Colorado
  • Billy Walton III            edge    SMU
  • J'Mond Tapp              edge    Ariz State
  • Zac Swanson             DL        Ariz State
  • Savion Red                 RB
  • Terrance Brooks         DB       
  • Austin Jordan             DB       TOADS
  • Kendrick Blackshire    LB  

Screenshot_2024-05-08-11-27-17_kindlephoto-2084979.thumb.png.80cd20049b158ef0fed703c984b3c7c3.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Cross posting for those that missed other threads:

There are a lot of tabs in that file (quoted link) depending on your interest. If you enjoy memory lane, there's a tab for where things stood at the end of each season since 2011. There are Texas by Class and Aggie by Class tabs which shows what happened to every recruit since 2017. The Aggie Grid is an alternative to the depth chart/class style I use for Texas. It shows each recruit by class (rather than remaining eligibility) and their player rating. I don't track depth chart for Aggie since I don't follow them close enough and Ourlads.com does a better job of tracking than I could do. The Roster tab is a dump from the Texas web site and is used by formulas in the 2024 tab to update the jersey numbers. The player positions and depth chart in the 2024 tab is based on what I read on Surly, which includes a lot of speculation. When the season starts, I'll update them based on the official depth chart each week.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 11:06 AM, Danimal said:

Ratings:

1. Liability/Unknown
  2. Some Holes / Struggle Often 
  3. Average / Serviceable (UDFA talent)
  4. Good (Draftable Talent)
  5. Great/Elite (1-3 Round Draft Talent)

Ratings are two numbers: (floor / potential)

Offense

QB: (4/5) - Quinn hopefully performs as a RD 1 QB; Arch Manning is ready

Our third year QB who is the favorite for the Heisman and took us to the playoffs last year isn't 1-3 round draft talent?

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Our third year QB who is the favorite for the Heisman and took us to the playoffs last year isn't 1-3 round draft talent?

QB got a rating of a floor of 4 and high of 5. So, yes, he does have that potential. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why wait until Georgia? Michigan DL is every bit as good as theirs

Are they? I don’t know much about what they have returning

Just now, Nope said:

Are they? I don’t know much about what they have returning

They probably have the top two D Tackles in college football . We will definitely know where we stand after that game 

• Like 1

List of Guys in Portal (5/12)

• Terrance Brooks         DB       Illinois

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

List of Guys in Portal (5/12)

Good luck to him, but that was a HUGE addition by subtraction in our secondary.

• 2 weeks later...

List of Guys in Portal (5/25)

• Savion Red                 RB
  • Kendrick Blackshire    LB        Utsa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2024 at 1:38 PM, LTtxfan said:

List of Guys in Portal (5/25)

• Savion Red                 RB

Any updates on Savion Red ??

List of Guys in Portal (6/20) 

• Savion Red                 RB        Nevada
  • Kitan Crawford           DB       Nevada
  • Ky Woods                    RB       Nevada

Former Texas RB Savion Red transfers to Nevada

image.png.da79faa0b6a17658ed594babdfc8d732.png

The versatile running back from Grand Prairie, TX, in the DFW Metroplex joins Jeff Choate and Nevada entering the 2024 campaign.

By Andrew Miller | 12:09 PM CDT| June 20th

Former Texas football sophomore running back Savion Red has transferred to the Nevada Wolfpack, a move confirmed by Inside Texas' Joe Cook on June 20. Red joins multiple former Texas players who transferred to Nevada this offseason, joining new head coach Jeff Choate.

Choate, the former Texas co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach, left Austin for the head coaching job at Nevada early this offseason.

Red joins senior safety Kitan Crawford and former walk-on running back Ky Woods among the former Longhorns who linked up with Choate at Nevada via the transfer portal this offseason. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

Red entered the transfer portal after spring football for Texas a couple of months ago.

After training at wide receiver during his first year at Texas, Red converted to running back to take advantage of his versatility and add depth to the RB room entering the 2023 season.

The third-year running back from the DFW Metroplex saw action in 21 games for the Longhorns over the last two seasons. Red contributed on offense and special teams for the Longhorns the last two years.

On special teams, Red returned a handful of kicks last season while contributing to the kick return unit as a blocker as well as the coverage units.

In 2023, Red registered 131 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown on 30 carries. He was often utilized in short-yardage and goal line situations in the "Redcat formation", picking up multiple first downs as the ball-carrier last season.

Most of the action Red saw over his nine games played during his true freshman campaign in 2022 came late in games. He registered six catches for 34 receiving yards and no touchdowns in 2022.

Red was a late-cycle flip for the Longhorns in the 2022 class. The three-star recruit from Grand Prairie (TX) High School in DFW was originally committed to the SMU Mustangs before the Longhorns offered him a few weeks before signing day late in the 2022 cycle.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Fall roster just dropped I believe

https://texaslonghorns.com/sports/football/roster

key notes imo:

Tyanthony Smith listed at 220

Silas Bolden at 5’8 160 - doesn’t matter he’s a DUDE

Zina at 6’5 260

Akana at 6’4 220

Cam Williams at 335, impressive 

DJ Campbell at 330

Jordan Washington at 6’4 250

Sydir listed at 350 - Big time news there 

Niblack at 6’4 245, gained weight 

Norton at 6’6 335

Ewers at 210 is 15 lbs heavier than last fall

Trey Owen’s was 238 in spring, down to 220

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 6

Some interesting things to me:

-I’ve stood next to Ewers. I’m 6’2”. That one is a little stretchy, I think. 

-Wingo is bigger than most of the backs. He’s going to be a fucking beast.

-Niblack seems way bigger than I remember him while watching Bama in person and on tv last year. 

-I think there is some serious height inflation going on but that is probably true everywhere. 

-Kobe Black didn’t come to Texas in CFB shape, which isn’t a surprise or big deal, but he’s allegedly taken like a duck to water with the S&C program. 

-Michael Kern is a big dude at P. His coiffure may represent 20% of his body weight. 

-Max Merrill is still just a junior. Dude is big and rich. I guess he’s going nowhere because he’s going to be pussy slaying on that roster for two more years. Christ.

-Man, if Mitchell has everything sorted health-wise and is getting his weight under control, that would be big.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Some interesting things to me:

-I’ve stood next to Ewers. I’m 6’2”. That one is a little stretchy, I think. 

-Wingo is bigger than most of the backs. He’s going to be a fucking beast.

-Niblack seems way bigger than I remember him while watching Bama in person and on tv last year. 

-I think there is some serious height inflation going on but that is probably true everywhere. 

-Kobe Black didn’t come to Texas in CFB shape, which isn’t a surprise or big deal, but he’s allegedly taken like a duck to water with the S&C program. 

-Michael Kern is a big dude at P. His coiffure may represent 20% of his body weight. 

-Max Merrill is still just a junior. Dude is big and rich. I guess he’s going nowhere because he’s going to be pussy slaying on that roster for two more years. Christ.

-Man, if Mitchell has everything sorted health-wise and is getting his weight under control, that would be big.

You don’t include the man bun when measuring 

• Haha 3

On 5/8/2024 at 11:32 AM, LTtxfan said:

On 5/8/2024 at 12:49 PM, AP101S said:

Cross posting for those that missed other threads:

There are a lot of tabs in that file (quoted link) depending on your interest. If you enjoy memory lane, there's a tab for where things stood at the end of each season since 2011. There are Texas by Class and Aggie by Class tabs which shows what happened to every recruit since 2017. The Aggie Grid is an alternative to the depth chart/class style I use for Texas. It shows each recruit by class (rather than remaining eligibility) and their player rating. I don't track depth chart for Aggie since I don't follow them close enough and Ourlads.com does a better job of tracking than I could do. The Roster tab is a dump from the Texas web site and is used by formulas in the 2024 tab to update the jersey numbers. The player positions and depth chart in the 2024 tab is based on what I read on Surly, which includes a lot of speculation. When the season starts, I'll update them based on the official depth chart each week.

Bumping... great stuff

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fall roster just dropped, key notes imo:

• Tyanthony Smith listed at 220
  • Silas Bolden at 5’8 160 - doesn’t matter he’s a DUDE
  • Zina at 6’5 260
  • Akana at 6’4 220
  • Cam Williams at 335, impressive 
  • DJ Campbell at 330
  • Jordan Washington at 6’4 250
  • Sydir listed at 350 - Big time news 
  • Niblack at 6’4 245, gained weight 
  • Norton at 6’6 335
  • Ewers  210  15 lbs heavier than last fall
  • Trey Owen’s 238 spring, down to 220

Good stuff... didn't realize Norton was that big.  Great to see Cam at 335

• Hook 'Em 2

Screenshot_20240714-210504_kindlephoto-12916503.thumb.png.c3009dba03f8a9851a2f8efbf44332d5.png

Ahead of Southeastern Conference Media Days, the Texas Longhorns updated heights, weights, and some jersey numbers for members of the 2024 roster. Here are the new numbers for Longhorns who were with the program in the spring and for those who arrived on the 40 Acres at the start of the summer.

Screenshot_20240714-210615_kindlephoto-12986665.thumb.png.3a4816cd937b285752d51c74033afc05.png

Screenshot_20240714-210813_kindlephoto-13104109.thumb.png.39a22cf950010e3ef0168ce862009f51.png

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/roster-updates-include-new-numbers-for-texas-longhorns-veterans-freshmen/ar-BB1pYGXn?ocid=BingNewsSerp

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fall roster just dropped I believe

key notes imo:

Tyanthony Smith listed at 220

Silas Bolden at 5’8 160 - doesn’t matter he’s a DUDE

Zina at 6’5 260

Akana at 6’4 220

Cam Williams at 335, impressive 

DJ Campbell at 330

Jordan Washington at 6’4 250

Sydir listed at 350 - Big time news there 

Niblack at 6’4 245, gained weight 

Norton at 6’6 335

Ewers at 210 is 15 lbs heavier than last fall

Trey Owen’s was 238 in spring, down to 220

Trey added an apostrophe to his last name?

Interesting... 🤔

Sydir down to 350 is awesome. #99 being a solid piece in the rotation would really elevate this team. He could split snaps with Lole and Norton. It goes a long way in shoring up the middle going into next season too. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Screenshot_20240716-074316_kindlephoto-2965726.thumb.png.72f13c5d2d5cda85a44b6f343e971e81.png

Head coach Steve Sarkisian and three Texas Longhorns are preparing for their appearance at SEC Media Days in Dallas on Wednesday while the rest of the team prepares for the start of preseason camp in two weeks.

With the program’s first season in the SEC looming, the school released an updated football roster on its recently-unveiled website on Monday.

Some takeaways:

Sophomore linebacker Anthony Hill Jr. was listed at 243 pounds during the spring, nine pounds heavier than the weight that he played at last season, but is now back down to 235 pounds.

The summer goal for redshirt junior quarterback Quinn Ewers was to gain five pounds, a goal he’s accomplished, according to the team website, as he’s now listed at 210 pounds.

Junior UTSA transfer edge Trey Moore switched from the No. 31 he wore in spring to No. 8, previously worn by now-departed cornerback Terrance Brooks.

Junior Alabama transfer tight end Amari Niblack is now listed at 245 pounds after enrolling at Texas at 231 pounds.

Early enrollee running back Jerrick Gibson is down six pounds to 205.

Senior Oregon transfer wide receiver Silas Bolden will wear No. 11 and is listed at 5’8, 160 pounds.

Early enrollee edge Colin Simmons is listed at 245 pounds, up from 236 pounds during the spring.

Early enrollee quarterback Trey Owens is listed at 220 pounds, down 16 pounds from the spring.

Redshirt freshman quarterback Arch Manning is listed at 225 pounds, up from 212 pounds from last season.

Early enrollee linebacker Ty’Anthony Smith is listed at 220 pounds, up from 197 pounds during the spring.

Sophomore running back Tre Wisner is listed at 200 pounds, up 15 pounds from last season.

Summer enrollee cornerback Santana Wilson will wear No. 28 and is listed at 6’0, 190 pounds.

Super senior linebacker David Gbenda is listed at 235 pounds, down six pounds from the spring roster.

Summer enrollee punter Michael Kern, who is also listed as a kicker, will wear No. 39 and is listed at 6’3, 195 pounds.

Redshirt junior defensive tackle Vernon Broughton is listed at 305 pounds, up 14 pounds from last season.

Redshirt freshman edge Tausili Akana is listed at 220 pounds, up from 209 pounds last season, but could play at inside linebacker this season given the lack of depth and his continued efforts to gain muscle mass.

Summer enrollee defensive tackle Melvin Hills will wear No. 55 and is listed at 305 pounds, up 25 pounds from his listed weight last December when he signed with the Longhorns.

Junior offensive tackle Cam Williams has been working out hard this offseason — he’s listed at 335 pounds, down from 369 pounds last season as he prepares to take over for Christian Jones at right tackle.

Redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Malik Agbo will wear No. 67 this season, a possible indication that he will no longer serve as the team’s jumbo tight end, as he did last season while wearing No. 80.

Redshirt junior offensive lineman Max Merril is wearing No. 69 after wearing No. 73 last season and No. 79 in 2021 and 2022.

Early enrollee offensive tackle Brandon Baker is listed at 315 pounds, up 17 pounds from the spring.

Redshirt freshman offensive guard Connor Stroh is listed at 350 pounds, down from 372 pounds in the spring.

Senior tight end Juan Davis is listed at 235 pounds, up from 219 pounds last season.

A notable addition to the roster is walk-on tight end Ridge Barker, a 6’4, 250-pounder who played with early enrollee wide receiver Parker Livingstone at Lucas Lovejoy. Ranked as a three-star prospect by 247Sports, Barker held 12 offers, including Georgia Tech, Memphis, Tulane, UNLV, and Washington.

After drawing the ire of the coaching staff by weighing in at 372 pounds this spring, redshirt freshman defensive tackle Sydir Mitchell is down to 350 pounds.

Early enrollee defensive tackle Alex January is listed at 315 pounds, down from 324 pounds in the spring.

Senior Louisville transfer defensive tackle Jermayne Lole, the one-time Oklahoma commit who flipped to Texas this spring, will wear No. 99 and is listed at 6’3, 315 pounds.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2024/7/15/24199410/texas-longhorns-updated-football-roster-preseason-camp-2024

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2024 at 6:40 PM, closetojumping said:

Max Merrill is still just a junior. Dude is big and rich. I guess he’s going nowhere because he’s going to be pussy slaying on that roster for two more years. Christ.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Redshirt junior offensive lineman Max Merril is wearing No. 69 after wearing No. 73 last season

Nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2024 at 9:11 PM, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20240714-210504_kindlephoto-12916503.thumb.png.c3009dba03f8a9851a2f8efbf44332d5.png

Ahead of Southeastern Conference Media Days, the Texas Longhorns updated heights, weights, and some jersey numbers for members of the 2024 roster. Here are the new numbers for Longhorns who were with the program in the spring and for those who arrived on the 40 Acres at the start of the summer.

Screenshot_20240714-210615_kindlephoto-12986665.thumb.png.3a4816cd937b285752d51c74033afc05.png

Screenshot_20240714-210813_kindlephoto-13104109.thumb.png.39a22cf950010e3ef0168ce862009f51.png

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/roster-updates-include-new-numbers-for-texas-longhorns-veterans-freshmen/ar-BB1pYGXn?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Looks like our walk-ons all switched from Lacrosse to football with those names