Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

3 games so far in the wcws

no runs scored against us

From the highest scoring super regional in softball history to 3 straight shutouts in OKC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

From the highest scoring super regional in softball history to 3 straight shutouts in OKC

Shows you what a rivalry does to you. Hard to believe we were a few outs away from not even making it to OKC. Aggies were criminally underseeded. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

White looks like a genius.  We saw in game 1 that Stanford couldn't hit Kavan and he went right back to it. 

Yeah took guts... but great decision by Coach White to start TK.

And damn she pitched great!!! 🤘

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

ESPN opts to keep Florida/OU in the middle of the day instead of moving it into the nightcap For a bigger audience 

Is that an ESPN call or an NCAA call…

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

ESPN opts to keep Florida/OU in the middle of the day instead of moving it into the nightcap For a bigger audience 

Guess they want to give a little rest to winner.

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I would love to play Florida but we all know its going to be OU. Gonna be a wild championship series. 

I think this is pretty much a coin flip. 

Whoever has the better stuff between Rothrock and Maxwell. I actually think Florida's lineup > OU's lineup. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think this is pretty much a coin flip. 

Whoever has the better stuff between Rothrock and Maxwell. I actually think Florida's lineup > OU's lineup. 

I would agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I would agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.

The semis have been pretty much chalk. 

The top 3 teams in the country IMO are (Texas, OU, and Florida) and the 4th team has maybe the most dominant pitcher since Cat (Stanford). 

• Like 1

Texas really needed a game like this. You may have to grind out a win like today against Maxwell once or twice to beat OU in a series. Kind of like our two 2-1 wins. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Del Conte doesn't really miss on hires either. Not a good sign for David Pierce. 

Not a softball school and second champ series in 2 years. Pierce is so gone 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Texas really needed a game like this. You may have to grind out a win like today against Maxwell once or twice to beat OU in a series. Kind of like our two 2-1 wins. 

Definitely.  We can win close games; in many ways.  Not just that, we HAVE won close games. 

I really like our depth and versatility.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, bschoolprof said:

Definitely.  We can win close games; in many ways.  Not just that, we HAVE won close games. 

I really like our depth and versatility.   

This is a team built to beat OU in a champ series. 3 legit starters and a good bullpen arm. Power and speed up and down the lineup. We are a younger version of OU 

And Mike built that team within 2 years of OU embarrassing us in an unexpected champ series 

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The semis have been pretty much chalk. 

The top 3 teams in the country IMO are (Texas, OU, and Florida) and the 4th team has maybe the most dominant pitcher since Cat (Stanford). 

Florida has a good offense, but they aren’t on par with OU with depth, power or experience. Gasso inexplicably sat Maxwell today and her team paid for it, and now they are in must win mode. Anything can happen, but if Florida wins it doesn’t mean they are more talented than OU.

also, Canady is good, but she is not the most dominant pitcher since Cat. There is one like her almost every year. Barnhill, Bahl, Fouts, Trayna, Ricketts, etc. All of them were dominant.