Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

also, Canady is good, but she is not the most dominant pitcher since Cat. There is one like her almost every year. Barnhill, Bahl, Fouts, Trayna, Ricketts, etc. All of them were dominant. 

I think some are downplaying how dominant Canady is because of the broadcasters dick riding. 

She has a 0.68 ERA in two years on a team where they have to ride her arm. In 2 more years, Canady will almost certainly be one of the most dominant pitchers ever in softball. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We definitely want Florida though.

Avoid the rivalry nonsense, avoid OU having home field advantage, and Florida's top pitcher is a FR we already hammered. 

Jim Carrey Yes GIF

• Haha 1

My pulse is finally back to normal after that 7th inning closeout. I was fighting off this gut feeling that one of the final two Tree batters would guess changeup and creep one over the wall to tie it. Then...who knows? Glad those really bad ABs after the miracle rundown didn't end up costing us today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

fuck a one run game win.....I think Florida is who Texas wants and I think I am reading most here agree....that was a gutty win 1 run...

Yea I think most will take the team we just run ruled 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think some are downplaying how dominant Canady is because of the broadcasters dick riding. 

She has a 0.68 ERA in two years on a team where they have to ride her arm. In 2 more years, Canady will almost certainly be one of the most dominant pitchers ever in softball. 

she is crazy good.  If the wiki is correct, since they moved the mound back, 2012 I think, no pitcher has finished a 4 year career with an era below 1.00.  she is well below that.

We have a freshman that just force fed her back to back L's when it mattered most. I'll take Kavan over the pitcher who stomps like a circus clown after every strikeout. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

I would agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.

Actually think Florida's offense matches up against Maxwell really well. They take a lot of pitches, she is prone to walks, and quite a few that can take her deep. Now with that being said, not sure Rothrock can keep them under 7 runs tomorrow.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We have a freshman that just force fed her back to back L's when it mattered most. I'll take Kavan over the pitcher who stomps like a circus clown after every strikeout. 

Well, they weren’t pitching to the same lineup.  I’m pretty sure Canada could shut her own team down. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well, they weren’t pitching to the same lineup. 

I dont give a shit...our team and freshman pitcher beat the best to ever lace them up per espn. go talk to another fanbase about how great canady is cause im glad I don't have to hear it anymore from espn

• Hook 'Em 1

She’s basically their Cat 

2 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

I dont give a shit...our team and freshman pitcher beat the best to ever lace them up per espn. go talk to another fanbase about how great canady is cause im glad I don't have to hear it anymore from espn

This is actually a dumb argument 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hornsbay22 said:

Actually think Florida's offense matches up against Maxwell really well. They take a lot of pitches, she is prone to walks, and quite a few that can take her deep. Now with that being said, not sure Rothrock can keep them under 7 runs tomorrow.

I’m sure the first phone call Walton made was to his old teammate/former assistant who coached Maxwell for 3 years. A friendly little scouting report

The game being at 1 is a factor. Maxwell doesn’t like rosin and has issues pitching in the heat

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

she is crazy good.  If the wiki is correct, since they moved the mound back, 2012 I think, no pitcher has finished a 4 year career with an era below 1.00.  she is well below that.

The circle was moved back for college well before 2001, and I am pretty sure Osterman’s college career ERA was 0.5. High school moved to 43’ in 2012.  Her high school ERA was lower, but don’t recall exactly.

Edited by Lostman
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

😂

What a slide to beat this out. In real time, it looked like she would be easily out. Helped that the third baseman waited so long to get rid of it.

image.png.fd73fab890c3b411848ee8749e3ab423.png

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Lostman said:

The circle was moved back for college well before 2001, and I am pretty sure Osterman’s college career ERA was 0.5. High school moved to 43’ in 2012.  Her high school ERA was lower, but don’t recall exactly.

It is indeed 0.50 and the lowest since the circle was moved back. Tincher was .78 and Abbott .79

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

What a slide to beat this out. In real time, it looked like she would be easily out. Helped that the third baseman waited so long to get rid of it.

Some of us were begging for small ball today, and we ultimately won with it.

But let's not overlook what Joley Mitchell's bat has done lately to get us where we are. Her hit today was arguably the difference. She's really picked it up after a slow stretch. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Lostman said:

you are correct.  I was confusing the high school move back to 43.  looks like college was 1988

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Kavan is legit but it's not very comparable based on the lineups. Stanford may have 1 player that would start in our lineup. 

6 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

The difference between safe and out on this play looks to be about two onehundreths of a second.  If this leads to a title it is right up there in my book with VY's TD run and Street to Peschel.  Hook 'em.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

If you watch the full video she definitely baited the 3rd baseman to keep following her with the ball before bursting to the palte.

Somewhat overlooked in the praise of our pitchers in OKC is the team's tremendous defensive showing thus far. Scott's snag of that laser beam rightly is burned into our brains, but let's not discount yesterday's double play started by Kavan or the highlight catches we've seen this week from everyone in the outfield. We'll never know what might have happened if one of those had been a Boone-level misplay.

On another front, you have to figure everyone at aggy is grinding their teeth over how well they hit our staff in Austin and how competitive they might have been had they made it to OKC. Poor aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

Yes our defense has been very good minus a hiccup here or there, which all teams have. OF defense especially has been excellent at the WCWS. Team just hit a different level after aggy put the fear of god in us

If I’m Trisha Ford, I’m stabbing a voodoo doll everyday of the committee who seeded them 16. That was just such bullshit 

Edited by Js1

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Somewhat overlooked in the praise of our pitchers in OKC is the team's tremendous defensive showing thus far. Scott's snag of that laser beam rightly is burned into our brains, but let's not discount yesterday's double play started by Kavan or the highlight catches we've seen this week from everyone in the outfield. We'll never know what might have happened if one of those had been a Boone-level misplay.

On another front, you have to figure everyone at aggy is grinding their teeth over how well they hit our staff in Austin and how competitive they might have been had they made it to OKC. Poor aggy. 

Also something that isn't talked about is Bella is so much hotter as a blonde....since going Blonde her MWTF rating has quintupled. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 2

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes our defense has been very good minus a hiccup here or there, which all teams have. OF defense especially has been excellent at the WCWS. Team just hit a different level after aggy put the fear of god in us

If I’m Trisha Ford, I’m stabbing a voodoo doll everyday of the committee who seeded them 16. That was just such bullshit 

Texas played lazy and uninspired for most of that series with the ags. Ford and her team did not display that potent of an offense all year....take away Cannon's incredible run at the plate and a fluke dinger from Grimace, and we win convincingly. If Texas and the ags played 10 games, I would be shocked if the Horns didn't win 7-8 of them. Texas and OU are the two best teams in the country, and I don't think it is that close. Both can be beat if they play lazy and uninspired, or if the pitching has a off day, but they are by far the best two teams.