Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Posted (edited)

Even with maxwell throwing a gazillion pitches, this ain't gonna be easy.  They get the home crowd so we will have to win this one on the road in a hostile environment.  If it's May tomorrow, we have to jump all over her and leave no doubt.  

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, D3zii said:

lol seen that coming.  Florida just ain’t have enough 

These ou fucks seem to get what looks like shit pop ups that end up as home runs.

Do they have that much power?

juiced bats… deer antler spray… ?

14 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

These ou fucks seem to get what looks like shit pop ups that end up as home runs.

Do they have that much power?

juiced bats… deer antler spray… ?

image.png.7c9ebe374ad4411af12aa43d16b5cf03.png

Even though the WCWS is in OKC and OUsucks backyard, these games have been great! Really felt sorry for the Gator Freshman pitcher, asked to not only go three straight days, but into extras against the “machine.”

Gators’ had them on the ropes and congrats to them and their staff. They are very young and will be a future team to deal with.

Rest up Lady Longhorns, as the biggest test starts tomorrow evening! We can end the streak!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Looking at the TX-OU battles this year, it seems like Citlaly and Czech have had success against them maybe moreso that Mac/Kavan. And Citlaly has several wins against good teams. I didn't follow the early tournament games - is she in a slump right now?

9 minutes ago, BevoBae said:

Looking at the TX-OU battles this year, it seems like Citlaly and Czech have had success against them maybe moreso that Mac/Kavan. And Citlaly has several wins against good teams. I didn't follow the early tournament games - is she in a slump right now?

Yes, she's been having command issues, particularly in starting off games.  It might be a confidence issue.  My prediction is we see mostly Mac and TK from here on out. They have the hot hand and are locked in.  

22 hours ago, Js1 said:

Texas really needed a game like this. You may have to grind out a win like today against Maxwell once or twice to beat OU in a series. Kind of like our two 2-1 wins. 

Didn't we just have 3 of these with aggy?

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, BevoBae said:

I think we will see them if TK or MM struggle. Otherwise, they wont see much action. I think Texas wins this series in 2. We are hot and the sooners are running on fumes imo. 

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Didn't we just have 3 of these with aggy?

And then a game with Stanford that was pretty grindy as well. Texas is battle tested and ready for anything. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck these hoes. OU sucks. 

I'd love to fuck them, but girls mostly just point and laugh at me these days.

Oh wait, this wasn't directed towards me.

Edited by OU Sucks

this definitely has the feel of Texas/USC in the Rose Bowl.  that matchup was inevitable.  Texas trying to stop USC's threepeat in their backyard.

now, Texas is trying to stop OU's fourpeat in its backyard.

who is gonna be our VY?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess oddsmakers have blOU as favorites??

Yes, it's about 52/48 because basically they are the home team. On a neutral field it would be about 52/48 Texas. Just pisses me off they have the baked in HFA like that. How many NC's would Grasso have if the WCWS were in Omaha, Nashville, Dallas, Chicago?

If Maxwell pitches today, she's pitching game 3.  But she'd be pitching with no day off after throwing 148 pitches.

If she gets the day off, she's probably pitching game 2 and 3.  

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If Maxwell pitches today, she's pitching game 3.  But she'd be pitching with no day off after throwing 148 pitches.

If she gets the day off, she's probably pitching game 2 and 3.  

IMO I don't think Gasso cares about throwing her today because she rested her on Monday. She might try the same thing again that almost bit her.  I don't think she wants to risk going down 0-1 to us and not throwing her best.  Will be interesting.

28 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Yes, it's about 52/48 because basically they are the home team. On a neutral field it would be about 52/48 Texas. Just pisses me off they have the baked in HFA like that. How many NC's would Grasso have if the WCWS were in Omaha, Nashville, Dallas, Chicago?

The same amount. They have been the best team, by a wide margin, for the last 10 years. Homefield wouldn't have mattered in most, if not all, of those seasons.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

The same amount. They have been the best team, by a wide margin, for the last 10 years. Homefield wouldn't have mattered in most, if not all, of those seasons.

That wasn't really what I was implying. I should have stated it. Would be be able to consistently recruit the best players if the WCWS were in a different city?

26 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Someone on OTF's board said that they looked back and OU hasn't faced TK yet

They’d be wrong. They saw TK in the Sunday game of the series - 3.2 IP, 3 hits, 1 ER, 3 walk / 3 K

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Speaking of recruiting, are Brister and Salmon our only two HS signees for next season? I assume Hannah Wells stays a year later.  

Yes, we have a super small class because we only lose 4 seniors - Czech, Whitaker, Bella and Washington.  Still allows us to go into the portal for any needs (lefty bullpen arm, Bella replacement in the OF, power bat)

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes, we have a super small class because we only lose 4 seniors - Czech, Whitaker, Bella and Washington.  Still allows us to go into the portal for any needs (lefty bullpen arm, Bella replacement in the OF, power bat)

I think Mike may be able to bring 3-4 players out of the portal, as I expect some attrition on the Texas side into the portal. Ryan Brown is going to find somewhere to swing the bat, Sophia Simpson is an after thought on this roster, Cimuz will likely want to play every day, and I am hopeful we don't lose Citlaly as she seems to have fallen out of favor. Add in the one or two none of us saw coming, and there could be a few holes to fill next year.

My guess on the starting 9 next season looks like this:

Henry CF

Maloney RF

Scott LF

Atwood C/DH

Stewart 1B/C

ViVi SS

Goode 2B

Hunter 3B

Morgan/Kavan/Salmon/Citlaly

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

this definitely has the feel of Texas/USC in the Rose Bowl.  that matchup was inevitable.  Texas trying to stop USC's threepeat in their backyard.

now, Texas is trying to stop OU's fourpeat in its backyard.

who is gonna be our VY?

Isn’t it obvious

TK without a doubt 

MIA Scott is our most consistent so she can play David Thomas 

Atwood is Selvin Young 

Stewart is Romance Taylor 

lol

5 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I think Mike may be able to bring 3-4 players out of the portal, as I expect some attrition on the Texas side into the portal. Ryan Brown is going to find somewhere to swing the bat, Sophia Simpson is an after thought on this roster, Cimuz will likely want to play every day, and I am hopeful we don't lose Citlaly as she seems to have fallen out of favor. Add in the one or two none of us saw coming, and there could be a few holes to fill next year.

My guess on the starting 9 next season looks like this:

Henry CF

Maloney RF

Scott LF

Atwood C/DH

Stewart 1B/C

ViVi SS

Goode 2B

Hunter 3B

Morgan/Kavan/Salmon/Citlaly

This is my predicted lineup as well.  Mitchell as potential DP.  I hope Katy C stays, but wouldn't begrudge her at all for leaving.  For portal, I wouldn't mind taking on a hitter to push Goode or Maloney.  And of course if some Ace really likes us, consider that as well.