Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

38 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Baseball is popular enough and has been where fan bases travel and will buy up tickets ahead of time.  Softball is nowhere close to that, so the closer you are the more you’ll obviously have, especially if it’s 20 minutes away in the middle of your fan nest.

That being said it’s a moot conversation, just win baby.

Yea I agree it helps ou even more but they’ve put together a dominant roster for awhile that has way more to do with them winning than the location. Now the location matters even more because in this setting they seem unbeatable. I’m more frustrated with how we will curb stomp every other team in okc worse than OU will but then play OU and play like we’re a middle school team that can’t hang. Gotta get over the mental hump tonight and ride that to a game 3 win. And fuck ou and there fat nasty fanbase.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I mean damn... I just want people to contribute to TOF and I got one of the creators shitting on me lol. It's all good though

Emotions were running high, all is well. Just a reminder to please donate what you can!

I read it wrong, had probably one manhattan too many, and was a pissed as anyone about the game. My bad and I apologize for the misdirected angry take.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I read it wrong, had probably one manhattan too many, and was a pissed as anyone about the game. My bad and I apologize for the misdirected angry take.

IMG_1806.thumb.png.e3b371d92bf999ff56a3dbd330981de9.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Your ass better profess an OU win tonight and again in game 3. It's entirely your fault we're matched up with these fucks and not blowing Florida out a second and third time, and no one can convince me otherwise.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hard Times said:

At least I learned 1 thing last night. Right down the middle 5" above the knee is a ball. Texas pitcher isn't supposed to be throwing a pitch in that location.

And then 6" inside is a strike.  We've gotten some shitty umps, but that was one of the worst.  Him squeezing TK into a ridiculously small zone in the early innings while letting Maxwell live on the corners was bad.  Then once OU got a big lead, he magically started giving our pitchers a bigger zone to work with.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

The more I watch college softball, the more I wonder where the ideal power-speed balance is. Fast, sure-handed outfielders obviously are no defense against balls that clear the fence. And with the strength and skill of many modern hitters, the parks are getting a little snug. Oppo homers hit on a line are common any more, and it's not just the big girls who are hitting them. 

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I hate it’s in okc every year but in Omaha no one bitches because Nebraska sucks and hasn’t taken advantage of their state hosting it. OU has taken advantage of it by creating an unbeatable team, Okie lite has the same advantage and it didn’t help at all. 

Yeah if Nebraska was in Omaha all the time it would be a problem. Fortunately, they suck. The few times they did go to Omaha though it was kind of BS how the crowd was basically a red sea. 

But anyway it was just especially obnoxious last night when we were sucking. Hopefully we silent that crowd tonight.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah if Nebraska was in Omaha all the time it would be a problem. Fortunately, they suck. The few times they did go to Omaha though it was kind of BS how the crowd was basically a red sea. 

But anyway it was just especially obnoxious last night when we were sucking. Hopefully we silent that crowd tonight.

The main problem is how it influences the strike zone. Our pitcher gets a call on the corner, everyone starts booing. Their pitcher is outside by 6", everyone starts booing. Even the most unbiased of umps starts thinking, hmm, maybe Texas' pitch was outside...calls the next one in the same spot on the corner a ball.  And same thing with OU's pitcher....maybe that one was on the corner, so he calls the next one 6" off the plate a strike.  That leads to our pitchers having to serve up fat balls right over the heart of the plate just to not walk anyone, and their pitchers getting us to swing at anything, worrying that they're going to get rung up looking at a pitch off the plate.  TDLR; Umps suck, not having home field advantage sucks, send in the robots.

Edited by OU Sucks

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

The more I watch college softball, the more I wonder where the ideal power-speed balance is. Fast, sure-handed outfielders obviously are no defense against balls that clear the fence. And with the strength and skill of many modern hitters, the parks are getting a little snug. Oppo homers hit on a line are common any more, and it's not just the big girls who are hitting them. 

Pretty soon after I started watching a couple of years ago I thought everything needs to be moved back 10 to 15%.  Mound, bases, fences.   

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Basically Texas wasn't ready for the moment in Gm1, and Texas hitters didn't make adjustments till late in the game.

This was what happened last night. Plain and simple. Kavan got rattled early. The defense made tons of errors. It was a circus.