Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Judy Love loves OU softball and is worth $10.5 billion. She’s not going to get outbid by Texas

Once I figured out that business was owned by Sooners, I never stopped there again. Not that she noticed. 

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

I don’t care if Bucs is owned by isis. I have to have spotless bathrooms now on road trips. 

Choosing not to patronize a place because it is owned by someone from a rival school is very aggy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 5:57 PM, bschoolprof said:

I don’t care if Bucs is owned by isis. I have to have spotless bathrooms now on road trips. 

How can they keep up with 10 people tinkling and crapping every 20 seconds.  Bucees is an all-around miserable experience that is to be shunned.

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The U of H AD was just fired, and I see there’s a rumor it’s related to a softball scandal. “Unacceptable” behavior around coach Kristin Vesely and their program is what’s being said 

Piqued my attention because Nadia Taylor (one of my all time favs) is asst coach there.    Did not see anything on AD's behavior,  but the softball team has alleged internal issues.   Namely a player allegedly carrying a gun and threatening other players.    And Coach Vesely's failure to respond and treatment of players in other matters.    Just a guess the AD firing may have been because he was aware and did not take action.   Firing AD first step in litigation control.

A lot to digest, perhaps to take with a grain of salt.     Add to your Summer reading list if interested.    And of course we have to now worry about the SEC vs B12.

https://www.coogfans.com/t/ot-dangerous-toxic-culture-uh-softball/56378

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/19/2024 at 10:30 PM, Js1 said:

Interesting. Wonder how many players like Sam Landry follow him or go to the portal (cough OU)

Gerry is a really good coach and an even better guy. However, I think he is mid to late 60's so this is a short term hire. I hope Landry goes to OU tomorrow and pushes Canady to us, but I am guessing several of those players follow him to Lubbock.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The U of H AD was just fired, and I see there’s a rumor it’s related to a softball scandal. “Unacceptable” behavior around coach Kristin Vesely and their program is what’s being said 

12 hours ago, torre said:

Piqued my attention because Nadia Taylor (one of my all time favs) is asst coach there.    Did not see anything on AD's behavior,  but the softball team has alleged internal issues.   Namely a player allegedly carrying a gun and threatening other players.    And Coach Vesely's failure to respond and treatment of players in other matters.    Just a guess the AD firing may have been because he was aware and did not take action.   Firing AD first step in litigation control.

A lot to digest, perhaps to take with a grain of salt.     Add to your Summer reading list if interested.    And of course we have to now worry about the SEC vs B12.

https://www.coogfans.com/t/ot-dangerous-toxic-culture-uh-softball/56378

I have heard through the grapevine that the UH locker room was total chaos. Players carrying weapons, threats, and the coaches withholding meals between double header games when they lost. AD's around the country don't generally give a damn about non revenue sports and that lack of attention allows people like Vesely to remain employed far too long.

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

I have heard through the grapevine that the UH locker room was total chaos. Players carrying weapons, threats, and the coaches withholding meals between double header games when they lost. AD's around the country don't generally give a damn about non revenue sports and that lack of attention allows people like Vesely to remain employed far too long.

Allegedly that player with a gun threatened to use it on her teammmates and when told by several players, Vesely said player safety wasn't her concern.  I believe a player then went to Pez and she retaliated against them.  She allegedly was overruling the nutrition coach, in addition to withholding meals after losses.