Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

From the rulebook

. If the ball is merely held in the fielder’s arm(s) or prevented from dropping to the ground 
by some part of the fielder’s body, equipment, or clothing, the catch is not completed until 
the ball is in the grasp of the fielder’s hand(s) or glove.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Mo Horn said:

From the rulebook

. If the ball is merely held in the fielder’s arm(s) or prevented from dropping to the ground 
by some part of the fielder’s body, equipment, or clothing, the catch is not completed until 

Strange rule but okay. Not sure if Mia fucked up the throw or Cap fucked up the catch, but glad it didn’t hurt us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

From the rulebook

Okie dokie

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

From the rulebook

Interesting….I have never seen that called before and I don’t understand the difference between a batted and thrown ball.

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Interesting….I have never seen that called before and I don’t understand the difference between a batted and thrown ball.

I was just speculating on battex v thrown.  probably never see that because if a fly ball is trapped by a player it eventually gets to his/her hand.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

No stress on tree from our offense for a 2nd straight inning.  Not sure why we aren't taking more pitches and making their pitcher work.

Suks

You have to be aggressive early in the count against Canada…if she gets ahead, she is almost unhittable 

Texas winning scoreboard, but Tree applying a lot more stress in ABs than Horns.

Glad Texas is up... lots of mistakes made so far by Longhorns.  

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

You have to be aggressive early in the count against Canada…if she gets ahead, she is almost unhittable 

Yeah, but letting her throw so few pitches is terrible... 

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Difference would be that on a batted ball the out is not official until it held by the hand or glove. On a tag up situation the tag up is on first contact of the ball. On this particular play 2b needed to have the ball in her hand or glove prior to runner touching 2nd base

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas winning scoreboard, but Tree applying a lot more stress in ABs than Horns.

Glad Texas is up... lots of mistakes made so far by Longhorns.  

They're facing the best pitcher in the country. This is how Texas was gonna have to win tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That’s stupid that doesn’t count as possession. What’s the difference between your glove and pinning the ball to your body?

True but as the 2nd baseman you have one job there, get the out. She must make that catch, cleanly. 

Stewart needs to trust what she sees. She's plenty athletic to react, her confidence is visibly low at the plate and field.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

They're facing the best pitcher in the country. This is how Texas was gonna have to win tonight. 

If you think our ABs in last few innings are quality ABs, then we are just in disagreement I guess.  Lead off fast runner with 2-0 count should not be swinging for Texas.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If you think our ABs in last few innings are quality ABs, then we are just in disagreement I guess.  Lead off fast runner with 2-0 count should not be swinging for Texas.

Canady does this to everyone. 

Her ERA is 0.65 and she leads the country in strikeouts for a reason. She's filthy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Canady does this to everyone. 

Her ERA is 0.65 and she leads the country in strikeouts for a reason. She's filthy. 

We only scored 3 on her in Austin too

• Like 1