Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

See yall Saturday in the 1-0 game!!

What a great game against the best pitcher in college softball. Huge confidence boost 

TK is my hero. The stats don’t lie - 80% of champs start 1-0 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Yup and if she transfers to one of the top 5ish programs they will win the national title. 

Just say OU. They won’t be outbid 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There’s no way Canady stays at Stanford. She won’t win shit with this offense 

I know a team that lacks an ace (for now, Kavan looking like a beast in the making) 

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I guess it depends on whether she values a Stanford degree more than one from say … OU?

Jeez, what a downgrade.

Just now, OU Sucks said:

Nice replay of Bella easily making it in, then getting called out.

That ump should be embarrassed. 

And fired.

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Texas is probably more like Stanford than anyone else.

She isn’t going to be ace innings at Texas with CG, TK and the incoming top 5 freshman pitcher though. OU is graduating Maxwell and OKST is graduating Kilfoyl. She’ll go where she can both win and get the ace innings 

8:52 OKST/Gata

Posted (edited)

Yeah, unfortunately for us we're a tough sell to Canady based on the arms returning. 

We should still try to buy her if she transfers. We would be the national title favorites and it wouldn't even be particularly close. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

TK was 1 pitch away from throwing a no hitter. 

She was up 0-2 in the count in the first inning where the hit occurred. 

Yeah, Tree had 5 additional runners on base due to 4 free passes and 1 Texas error...

Glad Texas scored 2 more runs in 6th to take some pressure off TK.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She isn’t going to be ace innings at Texas with CG, TK and the incoming top 5 freshman pitcher though. OU is graduating Maxwell and OKST is graduating Kilfoyl. She’ll go where she can both win and get the ace innings 

8:52 OKST/Gata

I was referring to the school vibe.

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Mike White chose correctly tabbing TK for todays game 

I thought it would be Morgan since they didn’t see her much in our other 2 matchups but yeah, right call.  Freshman proved herself on the biggest stage 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Patty's got a locker and parking space reserved for her at Love field.  

Perhaps she stays 1 more year to finish her Stanford degree.  Patty may have the locker and space reserved, but OU loses 10 seniors. That’s a lot to replace 

Couldn't Texas presumably beat any NIL deal? Would seem just a matter of prioritizing it. OU of course has been outspending everyone else, but Canaday's the perfect player for us to make a statement with. She'd look pretty good in a Lambo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Couldn't Texas presumably beat any NIL deal? Would seem just a matter of prioritizing it. OU of course has been outspending everyone else, but Canaday's the perfect player for us to make a statement with. She'd look pretty good in a Lambo. 

OU has pretty much prioritized football, softball and women’s gymnastics for their NIL.  They can outbid anyone, period 

Texas has now won 6 consecutive WCWS openers and that’s 6 consecutive trips with at least one win. Only our 1998 team, the first to go, didn’t win a game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We are probably rooting for Florida here. Let Canady and Kilfoyl battle it out in the loser’s bracket. I don’t want to face 2 of the 3 POY finalists in back to back games. 

• Hook 'Em 2