Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Game 1: Mac

Game 2: Kavan

if necessary game 3: Kavan (until she fatigues) and then Citlaly/Mac/Czech

Hindsight is 20/20 but I think my gut feeling was more accurate than Mike White's. Mac is more fresh plus shes the upperclassman thats why I wanted her to start

That's not "gut feeling"; that's just smart.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

If Maxwell came out and looked like shit today, would that have been Patty’s fault? 

Maxwell is a Graduate Student and on the US National Team.  She's exactly who you put out there for Game 1, even if she's tired.  Because she's got the mental game.  We ran out a freshman on the biggest stage.  Talent aside, few freshman are going to be nails in that situation.  It's common sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

Maxwell is a Graduate Student and on the US National Team.  She's exactly who you put out there for Game 1, even if she's tired.  Because she's got the mental game.  We ran out a freshman on the biggest stage.  Talent aside, few freshman are going to be nails in that situation.  It's common sense.

She’d pitched 2 shutouts in OKC already, no reason to think she wasn’t ready for the moment to start. Definitely should’ve pulled her sooner though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, kingkoopa6 said:

Do these ou hoes get to sleep in they own beds? Or they gotta be in a hotel like everyone else?

Sleep in their own beds, get to use their own training facilities to recover, own batting cages and machines, etc....

Edited by Kel Varnsen

Why are they swinging at everything, sometimes with their eyes closed? Also, I am not a fan of Ashton Maloney's hitting style. How do you find the ball when you keep walking towards the ball? Seems like a guaranteed strike out or ground ball.

7 minutes ago, Hondo said:

That wasn’t the question 

i would have just said screw it.  now they will have seen both Mac and Kavan.   she's gonna throw maxwell 3 games(if needed).  we would need to win games 1-0 and 2-1 because Atwood has disappeared.

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Why are they swinging at everything, sometimes with their eyes closed? Also, I am not a fan of Ashton Maloney's hitting style. How do you find the ball when you keep walking towards the ball? Seems like a guaranteed strike out or ground ball.

She hits .400 because if she hits it she's already a third of the way to the bag.

Just now, HuntinHorn said:

Would be nice if our bats would improve with more practice against Maxwell.

I think they're getting flustered by this bitch behind home plate.  When you don't know if a ball is going to be called a strike, you start fishing for everything.