Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Just now, dcar00 said:

you have to have that one pitcher if you want to win it all.  we don't.  We have 4 very good pitchers.  Mike needs to go get an ace.

Would we win a title with Canady? We'd have a great chance. That's about what it takes, since the best teams you meet in the supers/WCWS will have someone elite to lean on. One true ace is worth much more than four good pitchers. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We haven’t out slugged ou ever. We’ve beaten them with excellent pitching and defense, and a couple of runs. 

Once we start making errors and playing tight . . . . 
yeah you know the rest

40 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

It’s not coaching. Patty rolled the dice with Maxwell and she is performing like a senior. Mike rolled out our ace and she performed like a freshman 

This time last year, Kavan was just graduating from high school....Maxwell is like 23 years old.....makes a difference.

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Welp, that was a new one for me.  Never seen that before.

Softball defenses (including ours) are frequently thinking there are two outs when there are three. Happens almost every week. That was a bad case of the other way around. But hey, get it out of your systems now. 

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

Good enough to get there, not good enough to win.  It's become our brand.

If Florida just managed to hold the lead for 6 more outs, it would be a totally different story. Our pitching and hitting easily overpowers Florida. Against OU, our pitching has to be near-perfect and our hitting would need to eek it out like we did against Stanford.

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Would we win a title with Canady? We'd have a great chance. That's about what it takes, since the best teams you meet in the supers/WCWS will have someone elite to lean on. One true ace is worth much more than four good pitchers. 

well of course.

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Then why did I just get subjected to Boris Durke and Beth Lawnmower saying OU was flirting with the run rule?

It appears that there is. 

What is the run-ahead rule for the NCAA DI softball postseason?

The run-ahead rule remains the same in the NCAA tournament and Women's College World Series, including the WCWS championship series

Just now, UTEE97 said:

Does Maxwell ever feel tired? She reminds me of Cat who could go on and on like an energizer bunny.

She’s 28. She’s a grown ass women with 8 years of weight room and nutrition 

she don’t get tired 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

It appears that there is. 

What is the run-ahead rule for the NCAA DI softball postseason?

The run-ahead rule remains the same in the NCAA tournament and Women's College World Series, including the WCWS championship series

I think they brought it back after we lost 16-1 in 2022

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Does Maxwell ever feel tired? She reminds me of Cat who could go on and on like an energizer bunny.

I think that's basically all of them. It is slightly unusual for a team to have one ace and no one else,so you don't see the heavy reliance like you did with Cat, Canady, and Maxwell.