Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

If Mac goes 7 innings tomorrow and Texas wins, game 3 is going to be a tough call. Most likely will have to give Kavan a second chance.

of course you would.. but at the first sign of trouble, they will have to pull her and throw in Czech

Play better. That starts by not putting pitches on a tee. It continues with playing defense. It ends with putting solidly hit balls into play every inning. Do all that and you win. Tonight we did none of them. 

Got punched in the face early. But too many mistakes throughout the game.

Get em tomorrow hopefully. 🤘

(on another note...what does that stadium hold? Pretty BS they get to play every year they go in front of a crowd that has to be 90% oU fans)

Just now, TonyTexas said:

NIL allocation for softball seems cut and dry. Give a huge part of the pot to an ace and ride that horse hard. 

we are at that point.  we can realistically claim you can win one here if you come.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

2022 we lost first game 16-1 to OU in the finals....so.....I guess you could say we are getting better?

ha. scored 3x the runs and only gave up half the runs.  so tomorrow is 9-4 win.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Only thing to say is--

https://www.texasonefund.org/

Yeah we all love football but the other sports need love, too. 

Ignorant take a negged. TOF isn’t only focused on football. OU organized for softball ahead of every other program and kudos to them, but plenty are doing work and TOF and other Texas efforts are putting in work. If you want to step in and back stop Texas softball NIL to match OU, please fucking do it. Otherwise, go fuck yourself. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Here's a big shout out to UConn's men's baseball team....who went into Norman and won that Super Regional....all is not lost.

Actually they won the regionsl to advance to the Supers.  But sgee with your premise.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Ignorant take a negged. TOF isn’t only focused on football. OU organized for softball ahead of every other program and kudos to them, but plenty are doing work and TOF and other Texas efforts are putting in work. If you want to step in and back stop Texas softball NIL to match OU, please fucking do it. Otherwise, go fuck yourself. 

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

I interpreted that post as saying donate to TOF, not being critical of TOF

Same.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ugh, we were out tonight so I recorded it again. Near campus the Tower was orange. Not willing to search why I mistakenly assumed… believed a comeback was happening all the way up until stranding 2 in the bottom of the 6th, that’s when I knew it was a hoax. 

fuck ou. 

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Gasso saying they felt like the underdog.....yea, right.

I told yall, she is like Kirby Smart. Any slight, she will use to make her team of 3 time champs who basically live at OKC in May/June into the plucky underdog 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He told people to donate to TOF and you lose your shit while telling him to donate to TOF. Genius!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I told yall, she is like Kirby Smart. Any slight, she will use to make her team of 3 time champs who basically live at OKC in May/June into the plucky underdog 

You knew that as soon as White mentioned rotating the WCWS she'd spin that into telling her girls, "Texas thinks you only win because you get to play in OKC every year. They think they're better than you." 

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

9 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I interpreted that post as saying donate to TOF, not being critical of TOF

7 hours ago, troph said:

Same.

I mean damn... I just want people to contribute to TOF and I got one of the creators shitting on me lol. It's all good though

26 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

He told people to donate to TOF and you lose your shit while telling him to donate to TOF. Genius!

Emotions were running high, all is well. Just a reminder to please donate what you can!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

You knew that as soon as White mentioned rotating the WCWS she'd spin that into telling her girls, "Texas thinks you only win because you get to play in OKC every year. They think they're better than you." 

If that’s enough to beat you then they are better than you. My message to the team would be … “Toughen up buttercup.”

“mia you mad? You look mad. You should be mad. Fucking okies whipped yo ass, why you not mad?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

NIL allocation for softball seems cut and dry. Give a huge part of the pot to an ace and ride that horse hard. 

Not sure I can agree when the past 2 games have produced 5 runs in total. Plus, most "student athletes" dedicate themselves to their respective sport so it's only fair to get them a little something. 

57 minutes ago, Js1 said:

MW needs to spin it the other way . . . they get every built in advantage there is; no one thinks we can take out the champ, etc.  Instead, we come out playing like shit.  I'd like to see more poise and more intensity.

Whatever White does in big non-elimination games, he needs to pull a Costanza and do the opposite.  We rarely come out playing well.  We're either too relaxed or too tight.  

24 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Anyone know where I can donate to the softball team? 

negged

56 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I mean damn... I just want people to contribute to TOF and I got one of the creators shitting on me lol. It's all good though

Emotions were running high, all is well. Just a reminder to please donate what you can!

GO FUCK YOURSELF. 

lmao 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 6:58 AM, bureaucrat said:

ESPN has a lengthy article up by Bill Connelly breaking down the championship series 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/softball/story/_/id/40280109/2024-wcws-national-championship-softball-oklahoma-texas

Went back to review this article, and it is on point and mentions how Atwood struggles vs Maxwell.  It also seems that blOU has more HR hitters spread throughout their lineup.  Their starting pitcher and catcher are big advantages too.

Screenshot_20240606-092430_kindlephoto-1432970.thumb.png.8b21a73aa12c79816f3a383dab07c64d.png

Screenshot_20240606-092518_kindlephoto-1475801.thumb.png.ddd8131c00901e1a6e2c433a5a183a7e.png

Final paragraph:

Screenshot_20240606-092647_kindlephoto-1565310.png.f6dfe3d838caaddbbaa100b4d8bf4c58.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hate it’s in okc every year but in Omaha no one bitches because Nebraska sucks and hasn’t taken advantage of their state hosting it. OU has taken advantage of it by creating an unbeatable team, Okie lite has the same advantage and it didn’t help at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Not sure I can agree when the past 2 games have produced 5 runs in total. Plus, most "student athletes" dedicate themselves to their respective sport so it's only fair to get them a little something. 

Well, that's what happens with a dominant pitcher.  We score like crazy against non-dominant pitchers, so does blOwU, last night being Exhibit A.

But, like you, I am a tad uncomfortable with "giving it all" to one player.  Seems like a recipe for locker room unrest.

30 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I hate it’s in okc every year but in Omaha no one bitches because Nebraska sucks and hasn’t taken advantage of their state hosting it. OU has taken advantage of it by creating an unbeatable team, Okie lite has the same advantage and it didn’t help at all. 

We used to bitch mildly about Omaha when Corn was actually pretty good under DVH.  We still pretty much owned their ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Baseball is popular enough and has been where fan bases travel and will buy up tickets ahead of time.  Softball is nowhere close to that, so the closer you are the more you’ll obviously have, especially if it’s 20 minutes away in the middle of your fan nest.

That being said it’s a moot conversation, just win baby.