Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Can't you courtesy run for the Catcher?  Why is Reese's slow ass on the base paths?

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Saving a pinch runner option for Reese later in game probably???

6 minutes ago, Hondo said:

I thought I read in the rules a courtesy runner for the catcher isn't limited.  Limited to 2 per game for anyone else.  Could be wrong and I'm not looking it up again.

I looked it up.

A courtesy runner is different than a pinch runner. A coach can substitute a courtesy runner at any time for a pitcher or catcher whenever those two players reach base. The pitcher or catcher can re-enter the game without any penalty, and the coach can substitute the courtesy runner back in for a pitcher or catcher as many times as necessary. The only exception is that the same courtesy runner can’t be used for both a catcher and a pitcher.

Edited by Hondo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

I looked it up.  A courtesy runner is different than a pinch runner. A coach can substitute a courtesy runner at any time for a pitcher or catcher whenever those two players reach base. The pitcher or catcher can re-enter the game without any penalty, and the coach can substitute the courtesy runner back in for a pitcher or catcher as many times as necessary. The only exception is that the same courtesy runner can’t be used for both a catcher and a pitcher.

My bad... forgot about the catcher rules.

Thanks...

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

BlOwU definitely better at the little stuff. Experience. 

I'm hoping Henry grows out of it. She has the physical tools to be a multi-year All-America if she works hard on the details.