Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Just now, HuntinHorn said:

We are so lost at the plate. Florida had a better showing than this.

BlowU looked totally unfocused against them until they had to pull it out. They expected to cruise into the finals. They weren't going to be unfocused in the finals, and against us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

No offense, but not sure if that question deserves an answer.

The #1 seed going potentially 0-2 in the championship is confusing. I've never been a kool-aid person though so I understand your apprehension. It's ok to say they're better. Doesn't make you a bad fan to be honest with yourself. 

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

The #1 seed going potentially 0-2 in the championship is confusing. I've never been a kool-aid person though so I understand your apprehension. It's ok to say they're better. Doesn't make you a bad fan to be honest with yourself. 

You’re confused easily huh? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Their pitching has been better against our young hitters than ours has against their vets. And our D hasn't matched theirs. So we've really done nothing to say we "should" be winning either game. 

Yep. Our young pitching against their experienced hitting. Their experienced pitching against our young hitters. Their more fundamentally sound defense 

Gotta bring your A+ game to beat OU 2/3 times. We barely brought our C game 

• Rage+1 1

Ok, y'all win. This is blasphemous, Texas is clearly the better team. I can't believe the umps are cheating our girls out of a title like this! 

It's a thin line.   One or two plays made the difference in this game.   The advantageous calls add up to influence those plays.   No wer are not better but it's a stacked deck.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

I wonder what this game looks like with computers calling balls and strikes.

Exactly why we'll never get that. Wouldn't be able to influence games anymore.

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

It's a thin line.   One or two plays made the difference in this game.   The advantageous calls add up to influence those plays.   No wer are not better but it's a stacked deck.

That's all I was trying to say. Objectivity has never really been welcomed on the shag. No idea what I was thinking. 

3 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Ok, y'all win. This is blasphemous, Texas is clearly the better team. I can't believe the umps are cheating our girls out of a title like this! 

They’re the better team. They’re really good. What’s to be confused about? 

• Hook 'Em 2

That's all I was trying to say. Objectivity has never really been welcomed on the shag. No idea what I was thinking. 

It's like you don't understand how rankings work in sports. The better team isnt always the higher ranked team. So shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Mitch Hedberg said:

That bitch watches too much Juan Soto. All that dragging the feet and showboating deserves a beanball

Agreed, but in today's game that gets you ejected. Should go back to letting teams take care of things on the field

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1