Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

No one ever say again that having every game in Oklahoma doesn't make a HUGE huge difference.  It makes a tremendous difference when every game you have 15,000 of your fans pumping you up.  And it damn sure influences the umps too.

At least next year and for the foreseeable future they will have to leave home for thr SEC tournament.    They literally have not left the OKC/Norman areas in years for post season play of any kind.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

When they did the in game interview the OU coach she had all the confidence in the world and White looked scared shitless the whole game.  That is the difference right there.  

Edited by chemHORN
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this is Mike White's fault pure and simple.  our baserunning has been shit for years and he hasn't had an ace since the chick left during Covid with her girlfriend or whatever.

Kavan is an ace. As a freshman she is doing incredible things. Cat Osterman is mentoring her. She is legit. 

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Can we please stop bitching about the game on OKC. The men have been in Omaha for years and it's never been an issue. 

True....their coach is the biggest difference, but having this tourney 20 miles from your campus just might help, ya think?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this is Mike White's fault pure and simple.  our baserunning has been shit for years and he hasn't had an ace since the chick left during Covid with her girlfriend or whatever.

Yeah well, he got us there. That is worth something.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mentally destroyed. So with the number of really young players we have, I think the off-season starts with rebuilding that side of it. Too many girls played far too timidly for me to call it just a "bad couple nights."

Of course, you also must throw the house at Canady. There's a good chance we'd have won with her despite our overall funk. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The people bitching about the home field advantage arent showing up to OKC to cheer on the girls. You are on your computer. Show up and do something about it. 

If the game was in Georgetown or San Antonio everyone would and that's the point.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Mentally destroyed. So despite the number of really young players we have, I think the off-season starts with rebuilding that side of it. Too many girls played far too timidly for me to call it just a "bad couple nights."

Of course, you also must throw the house at Canady. There's a good chance we'd have won with her despite our overall funk. 

Pass on Canady. I do not like her circus antics every time she gets a strikeout. Hard hard pass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I have never understood sitting around watching someone else celebrate.  If we're not shaking hands, I am immediately out of there.  Hit the showers, get a beer, get the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

At least next year and for the foreseeable future they will have to leave home for thr SEC tournament.    They literally have not left the OKC/Norman areas in years for post season play of any kind.  

that really doesn't matter for them.  the SEC tournament means shitall.  it is a huge recruiting advantage.  White hasn't out recruited them yet.  the game is different now.  you need to go get ace transfer pitchers to win and have a decent(not horribad like stanford)lineup.

1 minute ago, DigDug said:

I have never understood sitting around watching someone else celebrate.  If we're not shaking hands, I am immediately out of there.  Hit the showers, get a beer, get the fuck out.

Two four six eight who do we appreciate? 

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The people bitching about the home field advantage arent showing up to OKC to cheer on the girls. You are on your computer. Show up and do something about it. 

No one likes you.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DigDug said:

This. Losing a championship to arch rival. Fuck no, I'm out instantly. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As big an upgrade as White has been, he's either got a ceiling or some more growth/learning to do. 

He has seemed to overcome some of his limitations thus far. 

That 2022 team that made it never should have been in OKC.

This team is like a bunch of varsity HS kids against an NCAA team. Way more experience and leadership. 10 seniors versus a team made up of mostly freshmen and sophomores. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

True....their coach is the biggest difference, but having this tourney 20 miles from your campus just might help, ya think?

I'm sure I'll get negged, but I don't think it matters all that much. I doubt recruits really care where the championship is played when they're picking a school. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Pass on Canady. I do not like her circus antics every time she gets a strikeout. Hard hard pass. 

crazy.  we win the title with her.  she's not slamming bats after walks.  take her every day and twice on sunday.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

WTF? Ok first of all, we are all on the same team and secondly the Men had a great year. 

Yeah wtf is this shit. We are all on the same team here. There arent even that many sports to compare. What a dumb take. 

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

No one likes you.

People not liking me on the internet has always been my biggest fear in life. I am now broken. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

that really doesn't matter for them.  the SEC tournament means shitall.  it is a huge recruiting advantage.  White hasn't out recruited them yet.  the game is different now.  you need to go get ace transfer pitchers to win and have a decent(not horribad like stanford)lineup.

Can’t disagree with this. 

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah ok. Let's perpetually put the Final Four in Raleigh, North Carolina. Nobody will complain. Having it right in Duke's and UNC's backyard would be entirely non-controversial.

It is just obviously unfair. Even if 15,000 of us annually drove to Oklahoma City to camp out for tickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Let’s not forget this is a young team . . . We’ll be back 

nice season ladies 

Unfortunately, so will OU with their huge recruiting class [Debbie Downer].  Best chance would've been if Florida eliminated them, but nope.  And of course, they avoided having to play Stanford at all.

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

If it was football it would basically be 50/50. People arent willing to travel for softball. It is what it is. 

Those 14000 of 15000 OU fans traveled to OKC.....but that's only 20-50 miles....they aren't travelling in mass 300-500 miles for this.