New Music 2024

mdmost

• 2 weeks later...

2nd showing on 512.

Their album also dropped today on Spotify.  They wrote these songs while they were still seniors at Bowie.  Then spent the next year and a half recording them in the studio, self-funding it with $ from their gigs.

The new Washed Out is pretty good if you're looking for something in the Chillwave category. Ernest is coming to Dallas in November and playing the Longhorn Ballroom. Will be time to make my maiden voyage to that venue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

The new Washed Out is pretty good if you're looking for something in the Chillwave category. Ernest is coming to Dallas in November and playing the Longhorn Ballroom. Will be time to make my maiden voyage to that venue. 

The "new" Longhorn Ballroom is great. We've seen a couple or three shows there already.

On 7/2/2024 at 8:44 PM, C-Man said:

Wilco with a new EP called “Hot Sun Cool Shroud”

And it’s not great on first 5 listens. Sounds like stuff that shoulda stayed on the cutting room floor from cousin. 

• 3 weeks later...

If 49 Winchester saved their best songs for the full album release and didn't run them as lead singles, this thing is gonna elbow out Sturgill for album of the year on my end.  These lead singles have been ridiculously good.

On 6/25/2024 at 8:17 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Digging this whole album's vibe

I loved Red’s first album but he hasn’t knocked me over with anything since.  I’ll check this one out.

On 7/24/2024 at 7:53 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

If 49 Winchester saved their best songs for the full album release and didn't run them as lead singles, this thing is gonna elbow out Sturgill for album of the year on my end.  These lead singles have been ridiculously good.

I think the new Red Clay Strays is going to edge them both out.  I’m in love with it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2024 at 1:03 PM, bizzle said:

i'm late to this, but damn good. incredibly solid band. 

They are one of those bands that I really like, but never ever think to listen to them. Like it's been years probably.