Sub-Educated Cretins: The SEC screenshot mega-thread

SimkinsMan

Tennessee's consistent hatred of UT is so weird. Like, we don't think about them at all. And not in the fake "we don't think about Texas A&M" way. Like, they actually don't take up any brain space.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dewey said:

It's the UT thing, apparently there can only be one. Might be confusing to them. 

It was weird living in Knoxville (20 years) and getting the "We're the real UT" so often.  Before and after moving up there it just never crossed my mind to argue over the abbreviation.  

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I wrote about this somewhere, but we did a road trip last summer that basically went entirely through SEC country over 2 weeks. I’d wear UT gear occasionally and every time I did, I get comments about Tennessee being “ the real UT” and the thing that drove them crazy was my complete ignorance and indifference. 

“Cool” and “good for you guys” were met with befuddlement. Then I’d just say “look, we’re Texas. I don’t need to explain or debate that shit with anyone. “ and that would end the conversation every time. It’s a land of sensitive, insecure people when it comes to Texas showing up. Bama is largely excepted from that, except for their behavior around the stadium directly after their loss. 

Stupid people can be very emotional.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Tennessee's consistent hatred of UT is so weird. Like, we don't think about them at all. And not in the fake "we don't think about Texas A&M" way. Like, they actually don't take up any brain space.

No worries, we just need to wait until one of those obese fucks starts having a heat stroke up in the Neyland nosebleeds (it’s inevitable), and offer to pray over him. I hear that shit will get you a segment on the local news and a really sweet thread on SECrant.

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It was weird living in Knoxville (20 years) and getting the "We're the real UT" so often.  Before and after moving up there it just never crossed my mind to argue over the abbreviation.  

I can see why Tenn would be a little disgruntled with Horns moving in….the “real” UT pushes them aside, as does the real burnt orange color…..they will acquiesce…..and like it.

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There is the manning family

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

If it was Peyton’s kid, sure. Archie, Eli, and Cooper were all Ole Miss.

Unless you’re going for the “there’s always an uncle” angle.

Several years ago, I was in Colorado staying at a friend's. He introduced me to local guy who was very handy with construction and contracting. Nice guy. He was wearing a Tennessee hat that I commented on. I said something nice like there wouldn't be a Texas without Tennessee. He asked  where I went to school.

University of Texas.

Texas! We're the real UT. I shrug. I'd never known there was an issue there. I couldn't muster up much care about it.

And our color orange is- I cut him off.

Yeah, you can see it from space! 

Not a bad guy. He had a good laugh. He ended the comparison.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Outside of Tennessee and maybe two other states, nobody gives two fucks what the university of Tennessee considers itself to be sharted to. We’re UT. We are Texas. We will use them interchangeably as we see fit. Sure they were founded first. Dates don’t make a shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

They are still pissed about Crockett & Houston portaling, not to mention flipping Simms.

Ha!  I was at a restaurant in Knoxville the day Simms flipped.  Some old dude noticed my Texas tie and straight up said, "I hope Simms breaks his leg and never plays football again."  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.d3d524804ebd344feed33af6b99b0577.png

1 hour ago, TotallyLegit said:

To be fair, your search suggestions are probably affected by your personal info.

image.thumb.png.c78855dbdb62ed6d506823aee16e2ec4.png

To be fair, your search results are also based on your location (unless you're using a proxy or incognito window) as well as your previous results. 

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

They are still pissed about Crockett & Houston portaling, not to mention flipping Simms.

Those fucks also need to be reminded/taught that Sam Houston was a Virginian. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ha!  I was at a restaurant in Knoxville the day Simms flipped.  Some old dude noticed my Texas tie and straight up said, "I hope Simms breaks his leg and never plays football again."  

Leg, spleen...whatever it takes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

OK, you're smarter than this, aren't you?

It wasn't a doctoral thesis or legal brief. I don't even care if the world thinks that Tennesssee is the real UT. I just Googled and copied. Thought it was sort of funny. 

But to answer your question, no.

*No wonder most of these fanbases are acting like such cunts.  Texas has either scoreboard or all-time record on every school except:

Vanderbilt - We got to get this fixed quickly.

South Carolina - We've only played each other once.  1957.  Lost 27-21,

Coincidentally, I think the only other schools that have scoreboard are LSU (been mostly cool as far as I've seen) and Arkansas (I'm not sure I've seen any reaction from that fanbase.  Do they have internet?)

*Slightly drunk.  My "research" could contain mistakes.

• Hook 'Em 4

49 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

*No wonder most of these fanbases are acting like such cunts.  Texas has either scoreboard or all-time record on every school except:

Vanderbilt - We got to get this fixed quickly.

South Carolina - We've only played each other once.  1957.  Lost 27-21,

Coincidentally, I think the only other schools that have scoreboard are LSU (been mostly cool as far as I've seen) and Arkansas (I'm not sure I've seen any reaction from that fanbase.  Do they have internet?)

*Slightly drunk.  My "research" could contain mistakes.

Keep drinking. We’ll get this shit figured out.

• Haha 7

11 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Incognito, 3600 miles away from Austin, from a hospital phone with none of my previous personal searches. LOL TAMPA BEFORE TENNESSEE 

B28E8582-6651-4249-A873-6F1EFEE44438.thumb.png.5a09fdc5906508473a4083a1913fb56f.pngB4112AF7-363A-4743-A335-59A1DBD16733.thumb.png.dcebd0d8b75f05b611eae49faf717561.png

Sniping the ut.edu URL before Tennessee did wonders for them

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...

It’s giving “Dominick gets a happy face on his deportment grade this week for being nice to classmates and his professors. This takes care of last weeks frowny face.”

• Hook 'Em 1