Sub-Educated Cretins: The SEC screenshot mega-thread

SimkinsMan

On 6/26/2024 at 12:06 PM, The Dog said:

Gawd SEC fans are all talk.

SEC fan: "Texas isn't ready for how rough the SEC is."

Texas: SHANKS AGGY AND URINATES ON HIM

SEC fan: "omg u so mean"

Pussies.

SEC fans behavior like this remind me of Big Charlie. Was at Princeton, which is like 40 or 50 miles up the road from Philly – Big Charlie was from South Philly, and was the very image of a badass for all of his fellow yankees there. This one time I walked into a party, with Doctor E and a couple of other Texans – weren't a lot of us, and we kinda hung out together.

Big Charlie, he was about 6'1” and 225, not a little guy at all. Doctor E, on the other hand – the E was for “Enormous” - was a bit over 6'3” and 350, and that was meat, not fat. Pat him on the shoulder and it was like patting a buffalo. He was a really soft-spoken, slow-talking guy.

So, we walk in, and it's “Hey! The Texans are here!” Big Charlie seemed like he had a head start on the open bar, and he came dancing over to us and yelled “E! My man! How's it going, baby!?!” and E responded as he pretty much always did, “How...dy”. And Big Charlie kept dancing up and back, going on with “Howdy? Howdy? Everybody in Texas say “Howdy? Do they? Howdy? Howdy doody? Do they? Huh? Do they?” Doctor E said, slowly and plenty loud enough for the whole party to hear, “Naw.. Some. Times. We. Say. Get. The. Fuck. Outta. My. Face. And. Back. The. Fuck. Off. Before. I. Stomp. Your. Ass. Flat. And. Shit. All. Over. Your. Bleeding. Corpse.”

Dead silence, for about thirty seconds. Big Charlie did in fact back the fuck off with a nervous laugh or two, and we hit the bar, and the party was on.

I'm kinda expecting somewhat similar from SEC fans. We'll have all the hate we need, from old rivalries with 0U, Arkysaw, and aggy. 

This gon' be good dot gif.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Getafix said:

I don't think this is an attempt at humor or satire ... I think this is pure, uncut Sooner-speak.  

image.thumb.png.5a1023ea29d4c4a0e17dcc15faaa8096.png

Did friendly Dusty box their ears or try to club them with his baseball bat?

14 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

We didn’t come here to play school! I think that was the quotes by recent FSU and OSU QBs. Just saying!

We talking about practice - Iverson gif.

Hook’em!!!

I regret to inform you that Cardale Jones' quote is from 12 years ago, so recent might be an overstatement!

Posted (edited)

What’s the criteria? If a 3 year player gets drafted or a player transfers are they counted against the graduation rate? 

I would like Texas to make better progress, but I’d imagine there’s a large number of transfers/Sark rebuild roster turnoff built into the percentage. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 7/26/2024 at 10:29 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

What’s the criteria? If a 3 year player gets drafted or a player transfers are they counted against the graduation rate? 

I would like Texas to make better progress, but I’d imagine there’s a large number of transfers/Sark rebuild roster turnoff built into the percentage. 

I’d drop our graduation rate by 35 point if it meant we’d win national championships in both of the next two years.

I’m all for the University maintaining great academics, and while I would prefer the athletes succeed academically as well, that’s not a major concern.

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

To be fair half of their roster are early NFL draft entrants. 

Numbers since 2016 (the year for the graphic, coincidentally or intentionally Kirby's first year at Georgia). 2022 was a massive draft year for Georgia with 15. Here's Georgia (41% rate) vs Bama (93% rate). Bama has had 16 more draft picks in the same span with a good number going early as well:

image.png.1522e8f33e4d0be27b35e8d78ca95ab5.png

I wouldn't be surprised to see drops at schools with HC changes since roster turnover ends up higher. FWIW, the graduation rate for Georgia as a whole is around 88% - https://research.com/best-colleges/university-of-georgia/graduation-rate-and-career

In the long term for Georgia, I think it'd be a selling point against the program. If ~30% are going pro what happens to those who don't make it to the next level does matter. Everyone coming out of high school going to Georgia thinks they are going to be in that 30% that make it to the NFL, so maybe the point is moot.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Getafix said:

Yeah, he's a troll, but he nails this one - no cap!

image.png.a28aa83d37c5d9b103683561150d6c5f.png

The Panhandle has an interesting history if you're into that era of history. Texas gave it up to enter to Union as a slave state (woof), it was one Grover Cleveland signature away from being part of Kansas, a bunch of land squatters tried to get it turned into the state of Cimarron, then it finally got attached to Oklahoma.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_panhandle

• Hook 'Em 5

I have always been conflicted about graduation rates.  Nebraska used to have a program full of mongoloids but was a diploma mill for athletes.  They would brag about their high graduation rates and the non-critical thinking college football media would praise them and "Dr. Tom" for graduating 95% of their players..  That is not necessarily a good thing when you are handing out diplomas to anyone who can fog a mirror.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

The Panhandle has an interesting history if you're into that era of history. Texas gave it up to enter to Union as a slave state (woof), it was one Grover Cleveland signature away from being part of Kansas, a bunch of land squatters tried to get it turned into the state of Cimarron, then it finally got attached to Oklahoma.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_panhandle

I heard that Colorado paid extra to not share a border with Texas.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Getafix said:

Yeah, he's a troll, but he nails this one - no cap!

image.png.a28aa83d37c5d9b103683561150d6c5f.png

There is a huge tornado manufacturing base there. Used to contribute a ton to the roofing and construction economy in my home town of Amarillo. Next to Pantex, probably provided the most jobs. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Fuck off with this outside the CR.

Stop being such a pussy, it is clearly football related because the head football coach is talking. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

I've never cared one way or the other about Toby Keith, but if you're on the wrong side of Kris Kristofferson, then you're on the wrong side of me, too.

He's also great in Blade. Actually, he's a great actor in general. The man just oozes talent. Love his work. 

13 hours ago, deft said:

They stop playing boomer sooner long enough for that to happen?

I think they play Boomer Sooner in response to playing Toby Keith. And in response to a TD. Or first down. Or a play run. Or someone farting. Or…

Somebody must’ve turned off the A/C on those mouthbreathers in their FEMA trailers. 
Texas, the team that double-digit mudholed Bama in Tuscaloosa who in turn shit on those LSU pussycats 42-28, is no good & overrated? 
Do tell, Boudreaux.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The success of LSU WRs is hard to argue. Jefferson and Chase are at the very top of the NFL. Nabers should be there soon. That said, it’s some TexAgs level shit to think they’re never going to lose a WR recruitment. 

Yeah it’s not like we just put 2 WRs in the league this fucking year. Or that we have an offensive genius as coach who won a fucking WR the Heisman recently or anything.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Yeah it’s not like we just put 2 WRs in the league this fucking year. Or that we have an offensive genius as coach who won a fucking WR the Heisman recently or anything.

Correction, sir. We put THREE WR's in the league. It's not like they were some borderline no names, either. 

Edit: I missed your correction. My apologies!

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 2