2024 Houston Texans off-season thread

The Earl of Texas

10 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Also said hi to the first lady of htownb07fefb9749f3939886be82b232ae7f4.jpgd287096b095ca2a6ff7120120cf47aea.jpg54c7daaeeb493688c5192ed7f71c0b6a.jpgad9017c5ebb64ba1fc5c9b5d8b097f19.jpgda9b9084ced0ca4f2ef8e909e665a66e.jpg

Nice to see Schaub back at NRG. I think enough time has passed for the hard feelings the fan base had for him to have waned. What a crappy job with the cameras in this broadcast. Missed a couple of plays live.

Edited by Macklemore

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Nice to see Schaub back at NRG. I think enough time has passed for the hard feelings the fan base had for him to have waned. What a crappy job with the cameras in this broadcast. Missed a couple of plays live.

I feel the same way about Carr. They never had a chance with the management and rosters they were saddled with. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

He’s a stud. Remember all the whining here about him?  

The whining was correct, becuase the guy can't stay healthy. If he plays 17 games, he's an AP and on the same level as Gardner. He's played 20 out of the 34 games since he was drafted, or 59%.

If also helps that this coaching staff is playing to his strengths, just like moving Pitre from 15 yards from the LOS to 5-10 where he's going to play at a high level as we saw today.

Moreover, what I found the most enjoyable of today was that our 2nd team outplayed the Giants 1st team during the 2nd quarter. Demeco was a god send to this organization, he knows what he wants and hired a great staff. When you have a great staff like we do now Caserio's job is much easier because we are drafting for fit in the later rounds.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

I feel the same way about Carr. They never had a chance with the management and rosters they were saddled with. 

Carr never put in the work that successful NFL QBs put in 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

I know what you’re saying, but it’s hard to get in productive work on your back.

It wouldn't have mattered. First one in, last one out, and spending hours watching film and talking to the coordinator and position coach on the phone in your free time is the minimum at the position, and he didn't even meet that threshold

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

It wouldn't have mattered. First one in, last one out, and spending hours watching film and talking to the coordinator and position coach on the phone in your free time is the minimum at the position, and he didn't even meet that threshold

Not saying I disagree, but this did not help:

IMG_2072.thumb.jpeg.a643c40a73500cc2f4cdddd2726be1df.jpeg

2 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Not saying I disagree, but this did not help:

IMG_2072.thumb.jpeg.a643c40a73500cc2f4cdddd2726be1df.jpeg

Think of how much different the first few years of the franchise might have been if instead of Carr they took the dude who went right behind him (Julius Peppers), and two years later instead of Dunte Robinson, who was OK, they took the dude who went right behind him (Ben Rapelisberger). Also could have passed on Amobi Okoye in 2007 and taken the guy who went right behind him  (Patrick Willis). That, along with AJ, is four HOFs playing together into their prime…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fud said:

In addition to that, he wasn’t exactly “one of the guys”, either. Rarely, if ever, took the lead on organizing off the field get togethers. He loved to golf, but preferred to play with his dad and brother, etc.. not the worst of sins to commit, but few of his teammates felt a real connection to him during his time here.