2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh I’m sure they see that and not the massive amount of $$$$$$ from a Trump presidency on their ratings 

They won't be able to spend said $$$$$$$ from their ratings after Trump has them thrown in prison for not actively supporting him.

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

They won't be able to spend said $$$$$$$ from their ratings after Trump has them thrown in prison for not actively supporting him.

The media isn’t acting like they care about this. 

26 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Obama, Clinton, and trunp (i think trunp) were all losing at this point in the race as well. 

This country has short attention spans. It looks like making the public aware that this is Trump’s Project 2025 is working based on their (trunp) messaging today and what their surrogates are saying on the news stations. 

The hope is Dems can do something right for a fucking change and pounce on that. 

But on a different side, it also looks like tuna and his team are freaking out about Harris because of how you attack a Black woman looks shitty no matter what. 

I think we will all know whether or not to freak out more or calm down after tonight.

Trump was losing all the way up to election day, but he made up ground by being on the news every day, holding televised rallies, and generally being as visible as possible. We are asking Joe Biden to make up ground by making himself invisible, limiting his appearances, and treating 8 pm like midnight on Gremlins.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Critics will say that it's edited and/or George is protecting Biden.

Good.  About time the guy caught a break.  Trump gets handled with kid gloves every day so this is just an even playing field.

2 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

We are asking Joe Biden to make up ground by making himself invisible, limiting his appearances,

There are literal people here advocating for Basement Biden to be the campaign strategy since before the debate. It’s nothing new 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

There are literal people here advocating for Basement Biden to be the campaign strategy since before the debate. It’s nothing new 

That's an even worse strategy than putting him out in public.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So your hope here is that ABC can help the president’s handlers gaslight the voting public into believing that Joe Biden can still not only win this race but is able to do the job for the next 4 years? 
Listen man if you want to be told not to believe your lyin’ eyes, just go the next step and vote for Donald Trump. You’re already helping him get elected by insisting that Biden is still viable in this race.

The only job Biden has to do is make it to inauguration day, appoint another competent cabinet and take naps. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

rump was losing all the way up to election day, but he made up ground by being on the news every day, holding televised rallies, and generally being as visible as possible. We are asking Joe Biden to make up ground by making himself invisible, limiting his appearances, and treating 8 pm like midnight on Gremlins.

The polls in 2016 were so far off that I'm not even sure they are relevant.  

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The only job Biden has to do is make it to inauguration day, appoint another competent cabinet and take naps. 

Well, that and win the election.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some posts in this thread remind me of the football board, or recruiting. When we're discussing strategy on who to offer, or what players to start, etc. And people chime in with "Doesn't matter, just win the games."

Ah, thanks. Didn't know. That makes everything so much more simple. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like dotard has been a lot more quiet than usual other than insane posting on his stupid social media site.  Is he finally listening to other people?  That's a scary thought.

Think even he realizes the biggest mistake is to talk at all with the show surrounding Biden camp. I’m sure his ego will force him to come back out soon tho. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Trump was losing all the way up to election day, but he made up ground by being on the news every day, holding televised rallies, and generally being as visible as possible. We are asking Joe Biden to make up ground by making himself invisible, limiting his appearances, and treating 8 pm like midnight on Gremlins.

Trump benefitted immensely by James Comey announcing publicly that the FBI was launching a new investigation into Hillary’s emails 11 days before the election. The FBI isn’t suppose to do that, and there was no new information to discover, but Comey took it upon himself to meddle in the election and probably cost Clinton the presidency. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like dotard has been a lot more quiet than usual other than insane posting on his stupid social media site.  Is he finally listening to other people?  That's a scary thought.

Trump has always been more vocal when he's actually threatened by someone/feels threatened in the polls.  Ever since the 2016 Republican primaries he's gone after the biggest threats and ignored the rest.  Biden did more damage to himself than Trump could have hoped to do with repeated attacks.  I don't think Trump is necessarily listening to others so much as he's knows he doesn't have to do anything unless Biden strings together a few weeks (at least) of coherent public appearances.  He can go play golf all day and gorge himself on McDonalds in the meantime.  

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

Trump has always been more vocal when he's actually threatened by someone/feels threatened in the polls.  Ever since the 2016 Republican primaries he's gone after the biggest threats and ignored the rest.  Biden did more damage to himself than Trump could have hoped to do with repeated attacks.  I don't think Trump is necessarily listening to others so much as he's knows he doesn't have to do anything unless Biden strings together a few weeks (at least) of coherent public appearances.  

"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake." 

Does seem too smart for Dotard though.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That was kind of covered by the whole "make it to inauguration day" thing.  If he doesn't win the election then it don't matter obviously.

c704b663-a0ce-473a-8d04-0f92a13c7878_tex

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake." 

Does seem too smart for Dotard though.

I'd view it more as Trump's ego telling him he's so far above Biden he doesn't need to acknowledge his existence.  He can spend all his time doing the things he loves best, golf, food, and  grifting/talking about himself in front of his cult while he basks in their adulation.  

Honestly, rewatching some clips today, if Biden's voice wasn't hoarse, I think it's less of a story. The hoarseness made him appear weaker and feeble, but if you have listened to any of his other speeches, his non-sick voice coupled with his talking points nobody was freaking out. 
He needs to go on this interview, put some bass in his voice, and be definitive and strong and energized. We got this.
I mean. The fate of the democracy hangs in the balance, I'm sure ABC powers that be knows this.

Not a single human being in this country will be swayed by a pre-recorded interview airing on a Friday night. Honestly baffling that many of the same people trying to downplay the importance of the debate are trying to hype up this nothing burger of an interview.
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not a single human being in this country will be swayed by a pre-recorded interview airing on a Friday night. Honestly baffling that many of the same people trying to downplay the importance of the debate are trying to hype up this nothing burger of an interview.

In that case (which I agree with BTW), the polls won't move or he'll fall further behind Trump, which should lead to more calls from democrats for him to step aside coupled with more donors pulling their support from the presidential race and forcing his hand in the coming days.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'd view it more as Trump's ego telling him he's so far above Biden he doesn't need to acknowledge his existence.  He can spend all his time doing the things he loves best, golf, food, and  grifting/talking about himself in front of his cult while he basks in their adulation.  

Or his campaign team wants to run against Biden and is telling Trump to stay quiet and not say anything that might exacerbate the situation and help Joe decide to quit the race. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:16 AM, immamac said:

what if the dems did a 5head move.

Biden steps down as President, Kamala Harris is sworn in as President. Campaign finance rules stick because ticket is same so don't have to re-raise money and you get to keep the incumbent advantage because Kamala is actually president. 

Boom. The good guys win. 

And Harris is denied a VP, because house republicans refuse to vote to confirm her choice.  So, Mike Johnson is effectively Veep. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

And Harris is denied a VP, because house republicans refuse to vote to confirm her choice.  So, Mike Johnson is effectively Veep. 

And that plays right into her and the Democrats hands because then the Republicans are standing in the way of a constitutionally mandated duty. 

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

And that plays right into her and the Democrats hands because then the Republicans are standing in the way of a constitutionally mandated duty

Why would that hurt the GQP this time, asks Merrick Garland.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Biden doesn't have another 4 years, but I do think he's got another 2. As long as he can convince people he's got another 2 that's good enough. 

Biden just has to look like he doesn’t have dementia for 90 minutes in the next 4 months (last debate) and remains breathing until polls close. That’s the bar. That’s it. He doesn’t have to do shit else. They literally should be spending the next 2 months practicing for that debate and by practing I mean giving him steroids

I don’t give a fuck if he drops dead after the polls close 

• Hook 'Em 3

There's not going to be another debate. Trump has no reason to do another one where then all the risk goes back to him. He will say, "I don't think we should subject my opponent in his advanced age to another 90 minute debate".

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The clip of tonight’s interview I just saw is not going to help him.

“Did you watch the debate?”
“I don’t think I did.”

Yup. He done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Biden just has to look like he doesn’t have dementia for 90 minutes in the next 4 months (last debate) and remains breathing until polls close. That’s the bar. That’s it. He doesn’t have to do shit else. 

I think that *was* the bar, and not only did he not clear it, he ran the wrong way on the approach and then face planted at the worst possible moment. 

If he wants to win, the bar is way, way higher than that now.   He's losing, and the strategy of hiding him from any moment where he'd have to think on his feet - that just confirms every worst narrative about his decline.  Hell, it confirms the worst-case scenario to me, and I think he's been a great president for the last four years.  

The insiders need to be telling him how stepping aside would be a heroic final political act (which it has a chance to be).

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Biden just has to look like he doesn’t have dementia for 90 minutes in the next 4 months (last debate) and remains breathing until polls close. That’s the bar.

That was the bar. It's too late for that now.

2 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

If Joe Biden were up 5 or 6 points, holding onto him would make sense. He's losing right now, though. How on earth do people think he's going to make up ground by taking the occasional interview, praying he doesn't fuck everything up, and then hobbling on to the next one a few weeks later?

Denial is a helluva drug

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Covri said:

Let me say this is clearly as I can:

I’m the sitting President of the United States?

I’m the nominee of the Democratic Party……. Medicare. 

I’m staying in the race. 

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The clip of tonight’s interview I just saw is not going to help him.

“Did you watch the debate?”
“I don’t think I did.”

It’s better for Biden and the democrats if Biden does poorly in today’s interview. It makes the decision easier.

• Hook 'Em 4