2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

It’s better for Biden and the democrats if Biden does poorly in today’s interview. It makes the decision easier.

I’m sure he’ll do alright overall, but he’s going to look very old and very tired.

Good call with the spray tan and losing the tie though.
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It’s better for Biden and the democrats if Biden does poorly in today’s interview. It makes the decision easier.

Great. We're to the point of hoping our team loses so we go ahead and fire the coach.

Not that you're wrong. He'll be leading the Libertarians to a bowl game in a few years.

Edited by Bojack
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anything other than the proverbial "home run" should make the decision easy.

And the "home run" does nothing more than buy him time until the next appearance where he'll need another one.

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

The biggest problem I’m seeing with Harris seems to be people not liking her stupid ass catchphrase. So if she stops trying to make fetch happen, what issues are left? I think she will be ruthless against him and she could be out there 24 seven pounding away at him while Biden can have his warm milk and be in bed by eight 

If you smelelelelel…what Kamala is cooking

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The few minutes I saw on the 5:30 news looks better than the debate but not great. He agreed it was a bad night but pivoted and said that Trump was lying. Tonight isn’t about Trump, it’s about whether Biden is capable to remain even potentially whether he should finish his term.

to repeat an earlier post of mine, if Harris replaces biden as the candidate, Biden needs to resign from office immediately.

38 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Me:

blfi.gif&ehk=usiISGZCmq4kWHiG7GyQ9uDIt7F

This is me. I’ve got three vacations in the next four months and half of football season. I’m going to try and enjoy it all as much as I can because the next several years could be fucking awful. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

And that plays right into her and the Democrats hands because then the Republicans are standing in the way of a constitutionally mandated duty. 

like they give a fuck?  It worked out pretty well for them on SCOTUS

• Hook 'Em 1

Tonight isn’t about Trump, it’s about whether Biden is capable to remain even potentially whether he should finish his term.

This is the crux of everything. Somehow in an election featuring Donald Trump, the other guy has become the focal point. It’s unacceptable.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Who are you so sure is a better candidate? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, B00M said:

Who are you so sure is a better candidate? 

This is the last years of Mack all over again.  Do we think there are better coaches/candidates out there?  Yes.  Could they fall flat on their face and get crushed in the election?  Yes.  But there's no fixing what Biden did by cratering in the debate.  He can't magically turn back the clock mentally just like Mack wasn't magically going to turn back the coaching/recruiting clock.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I'm not sure ABC has any reason to edit this interview in his favor. Biden stepping down would be a ratings bonanza.

Absolutely this. The debate fallout within Democratic circles has been a media feeding frenzy; they'd clearly love to keep it going.

14 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is the crux of everything. Somehow in an election featuring Donald Trump, the other guy has become the focal point. It’s unacceptable.

This has pissed me off a lot honestly. I get the whole Biden saga is big news but SCOTUS just minted the keys to a dictatorship for Donald Trump, who himself was a complete and total mess at the debate, and nary a word. Media is barely attempting to cover that though. The liberal mainstream media, everyone!

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

This is the last years of Mack all over again.  Do we think there are better coaches/candidates out there?  Yes.  Could they fall flat on their face and get crushed in the election?  Yes.  But there's no fixing what Biden did by cratering in the debate.  He can't magically turn back the clock mentally just like Mack wasn't magically going to turn back the coaching/recruiting clock.

Get ready for a half full stadium on Election Day.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

This election is like Mack trying to fool us with a bootleg version of McCoy-Shipley. We showed up for Colt and Jordan at the debate and we got Case and Jaxon instead. Dems are living in the past trying to make us believe the current Biden is the same Biden who was VP. Just because the jersey has the same last name on the back doesn’t mean it’s the same guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Saying that he passes cognitive tests every single day is not the flex Biden thinks it is. Why no follow up question about why he needs a daily cognitive test? 

• Hook 'Em 1

What if Schumer and Jeffries and Pelosi all ask you to quit? What would you do?

What a stupid question. What’s he supposed to say? “Oh, sure?” Or “Not a chance?” Biden went with “They’re not going to do that” and that’s probably a good answer to a silly hypothetical. George is asking a bunch of pointless hypotheticals now.

Biden sounded fine. Just old. It’s not going to make anyone get excited and say “Hey look! Everything’s fine!”

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Saying that he passes cognitive tests every single day is not the flex Biden thinks it is. Why no follow up question about why he needs a daily cognitive test? 

He was referring to the job, not that doctors literally administer a cognitive test every day. 

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What if Schumer and Jeffries and Pelosi all ask you to quit? What would you do?

What a stupid question. What’s he supposed to say? “Oh, sure?” Or “Not a chance?” Biden went with “They’re not going to do that” and that’s probably a good answer to a silly hypothetical. George is asking a bunch of pointless hypotheticals now.

Biden sounded fine. Just old. It’s not going to make anyone get excited and say “Hey look! Everything’s fine!”

George “you seemed to struggle from the first question on”

Joe “well I just had a bad night”

he looked awful

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The few minutes I saw on the 5:30 news looks better than the debate but not great. He agreed it was a bad night but pivoted and said that Trump was lying. Tonight isn’t about Trump, it’s about whether Biden is capable to remain even potentially whether he should finish his term.

to repeat an earlier post of mine, if Harris replaces biden as the candidate, Biden needs to resign from office immediately.

That's stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/05/us/biden-trump-2024-election/697b6390-db2e-5a0a-b188-55818f7e44ec?smid=url-share

Shane Goldmacher
July 5, 2024, 8:26 p.m. ET37 minutes ago
37 minutes ago

How will Biden feel if Trump wins? Biden indicated that “as long as I gave it my all,” he would be OK. “That’s what this is about,” Biden said.

I'm sorry, democracy is on the line, and he's okay with a participation trophy?

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/05/us/biden-trump-2024-election/697b6390-db2e-5a0a-b188-55818f7e44ec?smid=url-share

I'm not sure how strongly establishment Democrats believe democracy is on the line. 

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not a confidence builder. It reminded me of my octogenarian father in law: scattered, out of touch, and delusional. This is going to get very ugly, because the party will be in revolt by Sunday.

The big cigars need to tell him that everyone in his entire family will be blackballed until the end of time and he can build his own god damned library.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Another stupid hypothetical question. What was Joe supposed to say? That if he didn’t win it would mean the election was rigged? That he’d be in the depths of despair because it meant democracy was dead? That he wasn’t going to lose?

What if this happens? How would you respond?

How many questions took that form? It kind of seemed like George has his mind made up that Joe should drop out of the race and that informed all of his questions.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Literally anyone below 70 with their mental faculties intact.

It’s easy to say that, but the primary field was so strong they couldn’t unseat Joe. 

Biden is Mr. Burns trying to fend off bankruptcy by sinking all his remaining money into the Trans-Atlantic Zeppelin and U.S. Hay stock.  And his team/family is standing around like the the lawyers saying "Absolutely.  Great idea sir!"

• Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Biden gonna beat Trump in 2020 again. Inspiring.

No worries everyone.  He's ok cognitively.  Totally fine.

The big cigar donors need to force him to watch this on loop while explaining that they're pulling funding if he's going to insist of continuing this march to the execution platform.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 1