2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

So Biden is gonna beat Trump again in 2020?  And Trump says he beat Obama in 2016 to avoid WWII?  

And non politically active voters came out during that timeframe because of a black president in 2012, an almost sure thing female candidate in 2016 and won’t elect somebody from California?  So while Joe is not playing well on Tv, the best idea is to tamp down more Trump voters with a black female from California where Joe looks for his keys as our Democracy is on the line with just 90 days to figure it all out?

wow.  Great plan folks.  Hope Jimmy Carter doesn’t have to stick around to watch it unfold.  I’m putting in my paperwork for Mexico or Israel next week.  Good luck with that youth vote turnout thing that’s never worked in history.  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So Biden is gonna beat Trump again in 2020?  And Trump says he beat Obama in 2016 to avoid WWII?  

And non politically active voters came out during that timeframe because of a black president in 2012, an almost sure thing female candidate in 2016 and won’t elect somebody from California?  So while Joe is not playing well on Tv, the best idea is to tamp down more Trump voters with a black female from California where Joe looks for his keys as our Democracy is on the line with just 90 days to figure it all out?

wow.  Great plan folks.  Hope Jimmy Carter doesn’t have to stick around to watch it unfold.  I’m putting in my paperwork for Mexico or Israel next week.  Good luck with that youth vote turnout thing that’s never worked in history.  

All academic now.  Trump will win.  I’d like to qualify that by saying “unless he’s found guilty of murder” but the rednecks and racists would still vote for him.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

And that plays right into her and the Democrats hands because then the Republicans are standing in the way of a constitutionally mandated duty. 

The good news is she could murder him and it's ok cuz it's an official act. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Quitter.

I did all I could for Joe in 2020, but he thinks it’s still the same cycle.  DNC’s best idea is to turn out more MAGA voters who may have just stayed home.  And put the whole plan together in 90 days when registration ends in most swing states.  I’ll take my chances of my ‘Right of Return’ status in wartime Israel over this shitshow.  I’m stilL voting for whom ever can beat Trump, but this is a spectacular fuckup in American politics.  And that’s saying something.  Maybe some yard signs will save us.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I did all I could for Joe in 2020, but he thinks it’s still the same cycle.  DNC’s best idea is to turn out more MAGA voters who may have just stayed home.  And put the whole plan together in 90 days when registration ends in most swing states.  I’ll take my chances of my ‘Right of Return’ status in wartime Israel over this shitshow.  I’m stilL voting for whom ever can beat Trump, but this is a spectacular fuckup in American politics.  And that’s saying something.  Maybe some yard signs will save us.  

I would understand this stance if Biden were consistently leading the polls.  But he's consistently behind, and the issue has consistently been his mental fitness, which he's don't nothing but call into question since the debate.

He's already losing, keeps amplifying the biggest concern the undecided/centrist voters have about him, but the best course of action is to send him back out there?

• Hook 'Em 1

Hmm…

Radical republicans started a “Biden is having a medical emergency” on Air Force One rumor on social media right after the interview. Those anti-American bigots have been acting more unusual than normal lately…

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Haven't watched the interview yet but if we didn't get state of the union joe in the interviewed he needs to fuck off. 

Biden was asked the same question over and over, it didn’t do shit as an interview to change anything.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Ironically, Weekend at Bernie's came out today in 1989.

Biden was 46 years old at the time... Bernie was 49.

Road to the DNC?

We’re living in Part 2 where he’s just walking around by himself to the music and nobody seems to notice he’s dead. 

IMG_6238.gif.0de438233b8ce62edc5c16833c43f32a.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

They weren't hiding 81.

Just sayin'.

If anyone knew Thursday was going to happen there would have been a slew of primary candidates. That farcical debate performance would have happened before the first primary and we wouldn’t be here. Fuck him and his whole team 

• Hook 'Em 4

I'm of the opinion that the polling is gamed by respondents and that Biden is probably actually ahead in the determining states and from that prism I'd say riding this out with Biden is still the proper course ahead.  That said, I can see the case for going with Harris as the lead up to Election Day will likely come with enough opportunities to stumble and if Biden does in any of those, it may happen when it's too late to do anything about it.

I will say that if it is Harris she better be running as incumbent President.  It won't work otherwise.

So whatever might be happening behind the curtains, they need to get Biden to resign now if Harris is the play.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If anyone knew Thursday was going to happen there would have been a slew of primary candidates. That farcical debate performance would have happened before the first primary and we wouldn’t be here. Fuck him and his whole team 

National Review (most writers actually not Trump fans) had a post that noted that you can blame the GOP electorate for Trump. The GOP primary had lots of choices, from different parts of government, from different parts of the conservative political spectrum. They chose Trump. If he flames out, it’s on them. 

They contrasted with the Dem primaries, where the party very much limited the field to ease the path of the incumbent. Their point was that if Biden flames out, you have to blame Dem leadership and not the electorate. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

I'm of the opinion that the polling is gamed by respondents and that Biden is probably actually ahead in the determining states and from that prism I'd say riding this out with Biden is still the proper course ahead.  That said, I can see the case for going with Harris as the lead up to Election Day will likely come with enough opportunities to stumble and if Biden does in any of those, it may happen when it's too late to do anything about it.

I will say that if it is Harris she better be running as incumbent President.  It won't work otherwise.

So whatever might be happening behind the curtains, they need to get Biden to resign now if Harris is the play.

I think today’s speech says it’s his intent to continue.  If they were already setting the stages to exit, he can’t be saying “I’d only withdraw if the lord almighty came down and told me.”  Just not savvy to set yourself up for being a liar. 
so if he’s going out, it’s because his mind is changed later. 

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I think today’s speech says it’s his intent to continue.  If they were already setting the stages to exit, he can’t be saying “I’d only withdraw if the lord almighty came down and told me.”  Just not savvy to set yourself up for being a liar. 

This is Mack Brown not being reachable to fire because he’s “killing himself recruiting” in Florida 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

This was happening before their eyes.  Contingencies should’ve been discussed in 2022 maybe sooner

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Or his hand is forced

• Hook 'Em 1

Biden has to project that unwavering opinion that he is President and the running for re-election every time he is asked until that moment that he announces he's stepping down.  There is no other answer.

I doubt what is occurring behind the scenes reflects the public answers to those questions.

• Hook 'Em 2

IMG_1183.thumb.png.d9dc1615d7d5601fd0c5cf344721d267.png

President Biden has a lot to be proud of. From an economic perspective, his industrial policy is spot on. Restoring our diplomatic image was masterful. He moved us away from the abyss. But it is time for him to withdraw with honor so he may be celebrated by Americans who care about this nation. I have no doubt he is trying his best to beat Trump, but unfortunately his best will not be enough. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Something like “I still know I’m the man for the job…. but not enough other people do. And I won’t risk the future of this country blah blah blah…”
  • Hook 'Em 2

If I didn’t know better, I’d suspect that there is a uniparty deep state that is steering Trump back to the White House  by propping him up and orchestrating this clusterfuck on the Democratic side to produce the worst campaign possible. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Our only hope is that Biden drops out and/or there is an actual fire building around the recent Epstein documents smoke.

McDonald's need to introduce a triple Big Mac (they can call it the MAGA Mac) with extra large fries value meal that comes with a free milkshake.  Offer it to former presidents at half price and hope Trump eats himself to death before November.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2