2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

He just needs to make it past election night.

He has built a huge apparatus that will continue to run no matter what happens to him - no matter if Kamala takes over.  They will continue to appoint judges, help Ukraine, implement policies like drug reform and education, and depending what the legislative branch does - hopefully pass some legislation.   That will all continue if elected. If he loses - we get the dismantling of our government and democracy.

Yes everyone with a brain knows that the actual President is fine as long as he leans on his amazing team.  Hell it could be a corpse but that team can call the shots 99% of the time.  But everyone with a brain will NOT be deciding this election.  So you can argue all day about what *should* be the case.  But the fact remains this version of this guy isn’t beating anybody. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

You might be right, but that's exactly what Trump would like to see.  Joe is our best bet to minimize the probability Trump wins. 

It’s really not

• Hook 'Em 1

This is the dumbest thread. None of us know shit about fuck regarding what the voters will actually do, yet some of yall are loudly proclaiming, without evidence or even critical thinking, absolutely who has the best chance of winning. 

No one knows, nor does anyone have a choice as to who will be the Dem nominee. Sack up in November and vote against fascism. That is all that matters. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is the dumbest thread. None of us know shit about fuck regarding what the voters will actually do, yet some of yall are loudly proclaiming, without evidence or even critical thinking, absolutely who has the best chance of winning. 

No one knows, nor does anyone have a choice as to who will be the Dem nominee. Sack up in November and vote against fascism. That is all that matters. 

How would we even know?  LOL

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Sure- let me show you what the less engaged people who will decide this election are laughing about today

Feel like political Twitter is 50% laughing at Biden gaffes right now. Very little focus on Trumps misdeeds.

10% is Democrats screaming into the void about how they would vote for a corpse over Trump.

Just now, Red Five said:

Texas football just needs to win all the games. I don't know why y'all are talking about who to offer, or who should start at what position, etc. 

I made the mistake of checking in on the recruiting boards. 

All I can say is, don't.

I continue to believe the Democrat Party Machine has already decided the new plan and are working to get Biden to acknowledge it. George S is aware of this plan, which is why he kept hammering home the same general thought that “it’s time to step aside”. 

And as far as the “Ride with Joe” crowd goes, that sort of timid pussy attitude toward change or aggressive actions is what got the Dems into this situation in the first place. 

Unleash Harris/Whitmer and watch them do their thing!

• Hook 'Em 6

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I have several young, pretty disinterested potential voters in my family that have openly bitched about how we have two terrible choices for president. The sound very similar to a coworker of mine who's 20 year old told him after the debate he just couldn't vote for  Biden. Some people seem to be in complete denial that there's a pretty significant portion of the country that will just not show up to vote if Biden is rolled out. 

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Feel like political Twitter is 50% laughing at Biden gaffes right now. Very little focus on Trumps misdeeds.

10% is Democrats screaming into the void about how they would vote for a corpse over Trump.

I mean, there's a fucking boat parade happening today for trump for crying out loud. None of them give a shit that trump raped 13 year olds with epstein, and they get mad and upset for being crass when you point out his child rape. 

It's the essence of the conservative mindset

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I have several young, pretty disinterested potential voters in my family that have openly bitched about how we have two terrible choices for president. The sound very similar to a coworker of mine who's 20 year old told him after the debate he just couldn't vote for  Biden. Some people seem to be in complete denial that there's a pretty significant portion of the country that will just not show up to vote if Biden is rolled out. 

I’m not saying we shouldn’t talk about who we would prefer as the nominee. But proclaiming that Biden CANT win or Harris is the ONLY choice or Whitmer is the ONLY one that can win is fucking asinine. We need to quit dealing in absolutes. It’s silly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

And if Trump wins again, they'll do nothing but blame those people who explicitly told you they wouldn't show up and vote for Biden.

Yeah, we'd like more of the country to vote for litwrally anyone the Dems throw out there, but that's not reality.  They can't force people to vote for Biden, they can replace Biden with someone who will/has a chance of getting the vote.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I got maybe 30 to 40 years left. 50 if I'm really unlucky

Shit, we won't be able to delay the destruction of our society that long will we?

Which states tap out first?

Edited by David Dennison

39 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

None of us know shit about fuck regarding what the voters will actually do, yet some of yall are loudly proclaiming, without evidence or even critical thinking, absolutely who has the best chance of winning. 

Confused Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Bloomberg News/Morning Consult Poll Released today 

image.thumb.png.976b8ec022975e6e236f5d31662468f2.png

287 to 251 for Trump in that polling. Losing Pennsylvania loses it all for Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

To add to that, I know a bunch of Independent voters who tend to vote Republican more than Democrat, but I’ve noticed almost all of them are now openly complaining about the two choices. That’s a big deal for them to finally acknowledge Trump is a moron. If they had a reasonable alternative to Biden, just that change might be enough to get some of them to vote Democrat. 

Among that group: a 75 year old gramma, 40 year old defense industry worker, and a CFO of a financial institution, three people who normally would lean right. They are up for grabs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’m not saying we shouldn’t talk about who we would prefer as the nominee. But proclaiming that Biden CANT win or Harris is the ONLY choice or Whitmer is the ONLY one that can win is fucking asinine. We need to quit dealing in absolutes. It’s silly. 

I don’t disagree but for the first time in several elections I’m hearing A LOT of people asking for another alternative. 2020 and 2016 has some of that but not nearly as strongly as I’m hearing now. There is a real chance to pick up votes with a new candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The Biden from 2020 isn't the Biden of 2024. He's deeply unpopular, even within his own party. Saying we have to stick with him to win, despite anyone with eyes seeing the obvious mental decline, is completely insane. Independent voters are loudly asking for any functioning adult to be the candidate.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Schulz2.0 said:

The Biden from 2020 isn't the Biden of 2024. He's deeply unpopular, even within his own party. Saying we have to stick with him to win, despite anyone with eyes seeing the obvious mental decline, is completely insane. Independent voters are loudly asking for any functioning adult to be the candidate.

It's pretty simple. Some of us will be right. Some of us will be wrong. All of us will be screwed. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I deal in reality. It is the absolutest of absolutes that Biden cannot defeat Trump. The Dems, as much as this has been telegraphed for years and yet they’ve still been caught with their pants down, cannot let him run and will not. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I deal in reality. It is the absolutest of absolutes that Biden cannot defeat Trump. The Dems, as much as this has been telegraphed for years and yet they’ve still been caught with their pants down, cannot let him run and will not. 

Are you a soothsayer?  And I mainly agree, but I won’t say it can’t happen. No one knows that and you are a silly person for pretending you know this. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 1

Undecided voters and youth especially have been clamoring for any candidate to vote for that isn't 100 years old, and that was before Biden went full hospice patient at the debate. 

I feel like the Dems are the FBI agents in Die Hard right now, and they are about to follow the playbook to their spectacular demise simply because it worked last time. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's pretty simple. Some of us will be right. Some of us will be wrong. All of us will be screwed. 

This is where I’m at.  I can’t believe we are even having this conversation and the fact we are means too many people in this country are dumb, evil, insane, or a combo of all three. We are going to get what we deserve. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Are you a soothsayer?  And I mainly agree, but I won’t say it can’t happen. No one knows that and you are a silly person for pretending you know this. 

It can’t happen, son of a silly person. 

What's the best website to bet against Biden winning?

Might as well make some money? Or give it a week and wait for Dotard to do something dumb?

Only hope for Biden is Trump won't be quiet and says some racist shit again. Wish it didn't come to this.

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is where I’m at.  I can’t believe we are even having this conversation and the fact we are means too many people in this country are dumb, evil, insane, or a combo of all three. We are going to get what we deserve. 

The never Trumpers will vote for whomever the Democratic candidate is. Who exactly do we lose by having Biden step down? Undecided voters are much more likely to vote for Harris than Biden. I'm not sure how that's even a question.

• Hook 'Em 5

I’ll never understand anyone that votes for Trump over Biden because the presidency is way too much for either of these old fucks, it’s all about the people they surround themselves with. 40 of 44 people that worked in trumps cabinet won’t endorse him? The dude is a fucking clown show car accident and no high caliber people will sign up to serve him. 

if the dems don’t have a splash candidate, they need to stick with Biden and start talking up his cabinet and pointing at trumps. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I made the mistake of checking in on the recruiting boards. 

All I can say is, don't.

Football season, and life in general, is way better when you have no idea who most of our players are until they start making noise in camp a year or two later. 

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

50% of political twitter is not the problem. It's non-political snapchat, instagram and TikTok that is still laughing and/or appalled at Biden's debate performance is the problem. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is an obsession of the deeply engaged. This is very mainstream. 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

If the dems don’t have a splash candidate, they need to stick with Biden and start talking up his cabinet and pointing at trumps. 

Undecideds: Please anyone under 70 who isn't going through a mental decline.

You guys: 8w4amg.jpg.184d8b045e6f93a8f2a54f277022b7c1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

California has the easiest path and also the most clout for pushing the US to capitulate.

California should tell the rest of this country to kick rocks considering that without them a lot of the southern sisters of the poor states would lose a whole lot of federal funding.

• Hook 'Em 1

California would split into two states if it left the Union. There's a lot of Trumpy people in that states, especially outside the big cities. You'd get into a Portland vs. the rest of the state of Oregon situation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

So there’s a small chance and you’re cool with that?  You know who else is cool with that? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Only hope for Biden is Trump won't be quiet and says some racist shit again. Wish it didn't come to this.

Ha. If he did Trump would probably gain 3 points in the polls. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Bloomberg News/Morning Consult Poll Released today 

image.thumb.png.976b8ec022975e6e236f5d31662468f2.png

Other than PA, this is extremely….believable. And Nevada is always fool’s gold for the GOP anyhow.

Do not see a scenario where WI and Michigan are +3-5 Biden but PA is +7 Trump. That’s absurd. But otherwise, yeah

Trump continuing to be unable to improve upon 45-47% of the vote for the most part. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

All I want is if Biden drops out sometime in the next two weeks for everyone on this board to coalesce behind the nominee. No matter who it is. 

Somehow I don’t think that will happen. 

Common sense says Harris is basically the only realistic option.

• Like 2