2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Posted (edited)

These are the same polls Pancho posted yesterday, but the 5 way

#NEW @MorningConsult / Bloomberg News Poll: MICHIGAN Biden 45% (+6) Trump 39% Kennedy 6% West 2% Stein 1% Oliver 1% .

WISCONSIN Biden 41% (+2) Trump 39% Kennedy 10% West 1% Stein 1% Oliver 0% .

GEORGIA Trump 44% (+2) Biden 42% Kennedy 7% West 1% Stein 0% Oliver 0%

NORTH CAROLINA Trump 42% (+2) Biden 40% Kennedy 7% West 1% Stein 1% Oliver 1%

ARIZONA Trump 45% (+7) Biden 38% Kennedy 9% West 1% Stein 0% Oliver 0%

NEVADA Trump 45% (+6) Biden 39% Kennedy 6% West 2% Oliver 1% Stein 0%

PENNSYLVANIA Trump 44% (+3) Biden 41% Kennedy 7% West 1% Stein 1% Oliver 0% RV, 7/1-5

I still maintain PA won’t deviate that much from MI/WI and they never poll NV correctly. It’s too difficult to poll

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

#NEW @MorningConsult / Bloomberg News Poll: MICHIGAN Biden 45% (+6) Trump 39% Kennedy 6% West 2% Stein 1% Oliver 1% .

PENNSYLVANIA Trump 44% (+3) Biden 41% Kennedy 7% West 1% Stein 1% Oliver 0% RV, 7/1-5

I still maintain PA won’t deviate that much from MI/WI and they never poll NV correctly. It’s too difficult to poll

Futurama Squinting GIF

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I haven't met an actual Kennedy voter 

• Hook 'Em 1

You will get Joe B and you will vote for him unless you want a Supreme Court full of jagoffs and fascism you stupid fucks. Look around, we are already and have always been operating with a Biden leadership team.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

I haven't met an actual Kennedy voter 

I have.

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Really think Biden believes God wants him to stay in the race. How do you reason with someone like that?

We're cooked.

It's a cult 😜 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Arizona makes no god damn sense

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

@DixonHur @Loch Ness Monster and @Red Five get a fucking hold of yourselves.

Hey man, I'm a straight, white, cisgender male in my 50's with above average means.  I'll be fine either way.  

Worst case scenario is that I have to pretend to be Christian by going to church once a week.

If you guys think Biden or Harris are the answer, to keep us from Christo-fascism, I'll follow your lead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Keep up the schtick remarks they’ll land some day 

Joseph Biden is not winning the 2024 Presidential Election unless something drastically changes. Which leaves about two options: he has a string of non-embarrassing public appearances all the way until election (highly unlikely); or, Trump does something truly heinous that convinces apathetic voters that a literal corpse is absolutely the much better solution for themselves and America (I struggle to think of something "truly heinous" that would even land at this point).

But sure, call the rest of us Chicken Little because we have eyes and ears.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Hey man, I'm a straight, white, cisgender male in my 50's with above average means.  I'll be fine either way.  

Worst case scenario is that I have to pretend to be Christian by going to church once a week.

If you guys think Biden or Harris are the answer, to keep us from Christo-fascism, I'll follow your lead.

You keep thinking you’re the most important demographic and not the core. I’ve said plenty of times capturing the largest chunk of 2020 voters is the winner. We will NOT have more voters in 2024

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Joseph Biden is not winning the 2024 Presidential Election unless something drastically changes. Which leaves about two options: he has a string of non-embarrassing public appearances all the way until election (highly unlikely); or, Trump does something truly heinous that convinces apathetic voters that a literal corpse is absolutely the much better solution for themselves and America (I struggle to think of something "truly heinous" that would even land at this point).

But sure, call the rest of us Chicken Little because we have eyes and ears.

You are Chicken Smallest

The young people don’t realize seeing Biden at the debate was like watching the Billy Squier music video and thinking WTF after the songs before this were pretty cool. There’s no turning back now.IMG_4802.gif.f91e64233d80f41087bb8b1525680558.gif

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You will get Joe B and you will vote for him unless you want a Supreme Court full of jagoffs and fascism you stupid fucks. Look around, we are already and have always been operating with a Biden leadership team.

I would vote for 99 year old Jimmy Carter over Trump but so what? The people posting in this thread are not who you need to convince.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I think Biden's stutter is a big factor here that his campaign has done a shit job of staying in front of. Halting speech, word finding issues and losing train of thought are common for someone with a stutter. More specifically, they are common for Joe Biden. He looks worse than before, but under stress and fatigue, stuttering symptoms get markedly worse, and the stakes are currently fascism vs. democracy.  

CNN not fact checking left Biden with very little time to rebut a firehose of lies, and Biden's advisors tried to have him rebut each one. They should have focused Biden on picking the Trump lie he can work with the most, and rebutting that one lie thoroughly each time. Biden's advisors stupidly ran him ragged in debate prep, cramming useless facts for a debate that was always destined to turn into an insult-fest. 

All that created a worst possible case for someone with a stutter and it will have ripple effects for a long time. Every post-debate appearance just got much more high pressure and stress. 

• Haha 1

NSIAP. Report from washpo regarding the day of the debate. If true, this pisses me off how little Biden is aware of his condition. Link.

Joe Biden showed up late to the biggest test of his 54-year career. He told aides he didn’t need the CNN studio tour to show him the camera angles and lights. He had done debates for decades. They insisted anyway.

The motorcade was set to depart the Atlanta Hyatt Regency at 8 p.m., with reporters frantically rushed from dinner into vans. But Biden didn’t leave until 27 minutes later, arriving at the studio with less than 30 minutes to spare. He never learned where to look on the split screen when his opponent spoke.

After the debate, Trump was thinking about going to the spin room, but decided against it because Biden did so poorly. “No one was more shocked at Biden’s performance than Donald Trump,” said one adviser, ready to twist the knife. Afterward, Trump told aides that he couldn’t even look at Biden.

On the second quote, I don’t believe anything out of the Trump camp but I could see this being somewhat accurate.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

Gallego is ahead, but Biden is down.

image.png.dac82658f1aca36efa968ed3f9cc3313.png

For the idiots in the back:  BIDEN WAS NEVER WILDLY POPULAR, EVEN IN 2020!!!

He’s lagging Dem senate candidates in swing states because they don’t like Biden despite hating the GOP.  The campaign and Dem leadership trying to gaslight the nation into Weekend at Bernie’s is fucking insane, and an indictment against both his person, administration, and party.  It’s essentially the equivalent of political climate denial. 

You can’t claim the Democrats are the party of serious governance when they are running a man in clear mental decline who will have to actually president for 4 more years if elected.  

• Hook 'Em 7

Posted (edited)

It’s amazing to me that democrats like Stassneyhorn continue to live in denial. There is a small chance Biden could pull this out, but there are way way better odds of putting Harris in there instead.

The critical independents decide this election and they don’t want either candidate. I think with Harris and a proper hit campaign on Trump she would destroy Trump. 

Edit: just think about a debate between Trump and her. She would destroy him. She strong. She’s an ex prosecutor. She would annihilate him. It would be so awesome to see 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

For the idiots in the back:  BIDEN WAS NEVER WILDLY POPULAR, EVEN IN 2020!!!

He’s lagging Dem senate candidates in swing states because they don’t like Biden despite hating the GOP.  The campaign and Dem leadership trying to gaslight the nation into Weekend at Bernie’s is fucking insane, and an indictment against both his person, administration, and party.  It’s essentially the equivalent of political climate denial. 

You can’t claim the Democrats are the party of serious governance when they are running a man in clear mental decline who will have to actually president for 4 more years if elected.  

There’s some sort of disconnect with those who don’t believe the polls showing Biden down but the democratic candidate up. Is it that hard to understand that they just don’t want Biden another 4 years? It’s like the magats that can’t wrap their head around how Biden had 80 million votes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

I don't give a fuck if Biden is dead I'm voting for him. Stop being dumbasses.

we all are.  and we will all be saying 'ha ha, if my guy would have won, we wouldn't have pulled out of nato/ended ACA/jammed the courts with 2.5GPA party hacks.  man, was i ever right.'

• Hook 'Em 1

Biden sent a 2 page letter to the House Dems saying he is firmly committed to staying in the race until the end. Saying the one job is to beat the Orange Cheeto. 

since we have really not seen anything like this: if he does not step aside will the convention be uneventful? Will everyone fall behind him/the talk of an open convention or blitz primaries is a pipe dream?

I would think if he doesn’t step aside everyone will fall in line behind him for the message. And for the job of beating Trump. I’m guessing that what happens. I would think the rhetoric dies down this week? Sort of a shut up and get in line type thing? 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Biden released a letter to Capitol Hill Dems - he's not leaving the race 

Well, he's gambling with all our lives and the possible future of this democracy so let's hope it works out for all of us. I guess it's time to start focusing on getting as many Democrats in Congress as possible to jam up the works for 4 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, he's gambling with all our lives and the possible future of this democracy so let's hope it works out for all of us. I guess it's time to start focusing on getting as many Democrats in Congress as possible to jam up the works for 4 years. 

Yes, obviously. But I haven’t given up - I know everyone is freaking out, but I think it’ll stabilize. The polls really didn’t move that much after the debate. Everything is baked on and I think most people know what’s at stake. Closer we get, the more real Trump 2.0 becomes.

Like we saw in France, desperate times call for desperate measures 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

the thing that is  always popping up in the back of my mind is how much the final polls were biased left in the deciding states [edit - in 2020 i mean].  something like +7 in MN/WI/MI and stuff like that.  this "it looks close still" in all these states makes me real nervous.

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

the thing that is  always popping up in the back of my mind is how much the final polls were biased left in the deciding states [edit - in 2020 i mean].  something like +7 in MN/WI/MI and stuff like that.  this "it looks close still" in all these states makes me real nervous.

That was mostly GOP non-response bias. I think you’re seeing the same now - panicked Dems are not going to answer the phone or might indicate undecided/third party. The goal is to get them to all come home by November and Trump is a great way for that to happen 

From his letter (very different tone):

This was a process open to anyone who wanted to run. Only three people chose to challenge me.

One fared so badly that he left the primaries to run as an independent. Another attacked me for being too old and was soundly defeated. The voters of the Democratic Party have voted. They have chosen me to be the nominee of the party.

Do we now just say this process didn't matter? That the voters don't have a say?

I decline to do that.